Great White Shark
Sand$: 45,794.50
Off Constantly wrote:I guess if DYAR is a compelling stat for you... it's not clear how it's calculated. If replacement off the wire player is the gauge, I don't see how he can be that far off from Mixons DYAR last year if Fournette had better stats and the NFL works with the same WW?

Everything else... FB... Personnel groupings... again I contend that's a product of the environment he was in where he was arguably the most talented weapon the Jags had on offense and of course defenses would focus on stopping him. They stacked the box on him so much because no one ever feared Bortles! Minshew was better, but a rookie. Defenses basically were daring them to throw.

I’ve had the distinct displeasure of watching every carry of Leonard’s NFL career. I have not seen all of Mixon’s by any stretch. But if Mixon has horrible vision, takes a weekend to pierce the line of scrimmage on his carries, and makes about 3 guys miss per season (all on an overused spin move) then by golly he is just like Fournette!
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,548.40
https://www.rotoballer.com/nfl-nextgen-stats-rb-metrics-that-matter-in-fantasy/680609

also stacked boxes aren't that meaningful to our game

There is a lot of talk around the "stacked box" concept. It is applied when rushers face defensive fronts of eight-plus men. You would think the more defenders in the box, the higher the chances they stop the run. That is not entirely the case and stacked boxes don't affect fantasy football production that much. (Grain of salt: the correlation between 8+D% and PPR drops to just 8% when considering just RBs averaging at least 15 fantasy points)

Important takeaways:

Stacked box data can be misleading if taken as it comes. Think about it: a lot of rushers face stacked boxes constantly because they mostly run on goal-line situations, thus the packed defense and the lesser production.

Also, defenses can put more men in front of rushers if they know the runners lack the ability (Jonathan Hilliman), run straight (Frank Gore), or play behind strong offensive lines (San Francisco).

Teams with bad offensive lines (Arizona, Kansas City, Cincinnati) don't call for great amounts of defenders in the box going against RBs. That is part of the reason why Mixon and the Chiefs' backfield see low 8-D% on average, combined--at least in the case of Kansas City and Arizona--with the fact that some offenses air the ball out many times efficiently also calls for more precaution.

At the end of the day, I wouldn't pay a lot of attention to stacked boxes when deciding who to play in fantasy football. It looks like an overcomplicating metric that adds noise to the equation instead of making things easier. Take to simpler and more straightforward stats to assess your running backs.

still waiting for my antifa paycheck. do they do direct deposit now?
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,189.78
Eh I guess.

Ultimately I'm not heavily invested in Fournette in any leagues anyway, so I don't have a lot of skin in the game and I'm really just trying to be objective. I'm struggling to figure out where the hate comes from. So far it seems fairly anecdotal and tied to emotions.

The stats provided for supporting arguments tell me that he could be right up there with some of the top rated rbs currently.

Blue 14

Wilson, Burrow
McCaffrey, Bell, White, Moss
Beckham, Golladay, Hilton, Lamb, Samuel
Fant, Arnold
Butker
49ers
Great White Shark
He is an average RB. Like Jordan Howard or last 5 years of Frank Gore.

Theres a place for him in the league. But that's really it.

Great White Shark

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 81,085.70
Griffimo wrote:<<check me out

What ever you did, I’m not bailing you out.
Great White Shark
Real friends would be sitting next to me also needing bail money.

Megalodon
Sand$: 11,592.30
Griffimo wrote:Real friends would be sitting next to me also needing bail money.

:lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

At this point, if a clown invited me into the woods, I would just go.

We are not your kind

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn :slug:
Afterwards one sometimes learns that one has been through Dunwich.
Sand$: 41,138.93
rugger48 wrote:
Griffimo wrote:<<check me out

What ever you did, I’m not bailing you out.

I woke up and my fax machine was receiving a new message. It was from Griff.

All it said was "I'm back"
Great White Shark
It's all Jay Cutler's fault.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 120,702.72
Fournette went at pick 108 on the 10th green. RoJo went at pick 112 on the 11th tee. I flipped my club in the air then launched my ball into the woods with whiskey fueled anger.
TheJayCutlers wrote:Damn you for being sensible about it.

How's that for sensible.
Great White Shark
OarChambo wrote:Fournette went at pick 108 on the 10th green. RoJo went at pick 112 on the 11th tee. I flipped my club in the air then launched my ball into the woods with whiskey fueled anger.

How's that for sensible.

:lol:

Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,331.60
Golf = privilege
Think about it.

2019 Divine Comedy Champion
Master of Snowflakes Tour
Great White Shark
Sand$: 16,497.26
OarChambo wrote:Fournette went at pick 108 on the 10th green. RoJo went at pick 112 on the 11th tee. I flipped my club in the air then launched my ball into the woods with whiskey fueled anger.

How's that for sensible.

And we out here drafting on street corners.

Great White Shark
c2o wrote:

How's that for sensible.

And we out here drafting on street corners.

I drafted from the bottom of a coal mine. I feel ya.