Trade Questions and Advice

Post Reply  
Whale Shark
Posts: 1042
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008
Sand$: 2,291.06
RB: Sanders, Chubb, Ekeler, Edmonds, Hill
WR: Robinson, Ridley, Lamb, Gage, Beasley, Samuel
TE: Schultz, Akins

1/2 PPR: Would you trade Chubb or Ekeler for Kelce? I'm kind of thinking yes, and Chubb being the guy. What do you guys think?
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 15375
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2003
Sand$: 39,281.44
BG3eb wrote:RB: Sanders, Chubb, Ekeler, Edmonds, Hill
WR: Robinson, Ridley, Lamb, Gage, Beasley, Samuel
TE: Schultz, Akins

1/2 PPR: Would you trade Chubb or Ekeler for Kelce? I'm kind of thinking yes, and Chubb being the guy. What do you guys think?


Ekeler, yes. Chubb, no.
_______________________________________

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Whale Shark
Posts: 1042
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008
Sand$: 2,291.06
I guess my thought process is that the Browns are about to hits some negative game scripts and that's going to hurt Chubb. Seems like the Chargers are going to be up and down now so that keeps Ekeler in the mix. May be best just to keep them lol.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 15375
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2003
Sand$: 39,281.44
BG3eb wrote:I guess my thought process is that the Browns are about to hits some negative game scripts and that's going to hurt Chubb. Seems like the Chargers are going to be up and down now so that keeps Ekeler in the mix. May be best just to keep them lol.


I think Chubb will continue to roll, and I like him as a good RB1 most weeks (and Hunt as a good RB2). I'm not worried about Ekeler, but if I had to choose one to keep, it would be Chubb.
With that said, Schultz will be a solid TE and regular red zone threat, and I wouldn't be in a hurry to trade either guy for an upgrade at TE.
_______________________________________

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Whale Shark
Posts: 1042
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008
Sand$: 2,291.06
hard 10 wrote:
BG3eb wrote:I guess my thought process is that the Browns are about to hits some negative game scripts and that's going to hurt Chubb. Seems like the Chargers are going to be up and down now so that keeps Ekeler in the mix. May be best just to keep them lol.


I think Chubb will continue to roll, and I like him as a good RB1 most weeks (and Hunt as a good RB2). I'm not worried about Ekeler, but if I had to choose one to keep, it would be Chubb.
With that said, Schultz will be a solid TE and regular red zone threat, and I wouldn't be in a hurry to trade either guy for an upgrade at TE.


The fact that Schultz seems to be peppered targets a decent amount helps quell the urgency to get something done. A lot of guys in a 12-team league are struggling to find a second RB so three is an extreme luxury. I guess I'll hold for now. Thanks!
Tiger Shark
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016
Sand$: 543.92
ubertaco wrote:Well, I'm pretty down on the 49ers offense generally, I suppose I may be too harsh on Deebo, but I guess we should assume he is fully recovered and while it might be another week for him to get fully reintegrated, if he looks like he did, and his usage is similar he's better than bench filler.

I'd still rather roll out Montgomery though, but it might be closer than I'm giving credit for. Gaskin is too much of an unknown for me, but again, I might be undervaluing him as well. I don't know what to make of the Dolphins generally, the one game I watched Gaskin looked like the guy who was getting the touches but didn't impress me hugely as anything more than JAG.

I dunno, that trade is reasonable, just wanted to go deeper on it I guess.

Really appreciate you going through the thought process. Solid takes all around. As a Dolphins fan I'm not 100% sold on Gaskin's fantasy value myself; my personal view being that Jordan Howard's work inside the 5 isn't going to go to Gaskin anytime soon.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 21913
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006
Sand$: 11,741.22
might have paid too much in shorting my bench, but traded OBJ, RoJo, and Gallup, for D Adams

bench is now J Taylor, B. Hill, Hardman, Claypool and hopefully change Snell into Chark
_______________________________________

At this point, if a clown invited me into the woods, I would just go.

We are not your kind

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn :slug:
Afterwards one sometimes learns that one has been through Dunwich.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 10696
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010
Sand$: 25,292.02
jstr2112 wrote:might have paid too much in shorting my bench, but traded OBJ, RoJo, and Gallup, for D Adams

bench is now J Taylor, B. Hill, Hardman, Claypool and hopefully change Snell into Chark
I like it. =D>
_______________________________________

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 21913
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006
Sand$: 11,741.22
bluemist wrote:
jstr2112 wrote:might have paid too much in shorting my bench, but traded OBJ, RoJo, and Gallup, for D Adams

bench is now J Taylor, B. Hill, Hardman, Claypool and hopefully change Snell into Chark
I like it. =D>

thanks!
plus I have ARod as my 2nd QB in a super flex
_______________________________________

At this point, if a clown invited me into the woods, I would just go.

We are not your kind

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn :slug:
Afterwards one sometimes learns that one has been through Dunwich.
Mako Shark
Posts: 653
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014
Sand$: 2,654.67
What do think it would take to get Antonio Gibson right now?

It was a strange draft this year -- 14 team, 0.5 PPR, short bench. I took Zeke as #3 off the board, then everyone went RB crazy.

The team with Gibson has:

RB: Miles Sanders, Mixon, Gibson, Edmunds, Martinson, and Zack Moss

WR: Stefon Diggs and Allen Robinson

I have:

RB: Zeke, David Montgomery, Latavius Murray, and J.K. Dobbins

WR: Nuk Hopkins, Tyreek Hill, OBJ, and Tyler Boyd

We play 2 RB, 2 WR, and a RB/WR flex.

Clearly I'm hurting at RB, but everyone hurts somewhere in a big enough league.

May be willing to offer Boyd for Gibson. Maybe Boyd and Murray for Gibson and Edmunds, or just Gibson. Am I in the ballpark?

Seems crazy to try to go with only two WRs, but he's dodged injuries so far. Boyd seems like Burrow's top target, so I don't see it as a chump deal. Maybe I'm better off hanging onto Boyd a while longer...
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 30456
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 75,269.00
Gilgamesh wrote:What do think it would take to get Antonio Gibson right now?

It was a strange draft this year -- 14 team, 0.5 PPR, short bench. I took Zeke as #3 off the board, then everyone went RB crazy.

The team with Gibson has:

RB: Miles Sanders, Mixon, Gibson, Edmunds, Martinson, and Zack Moss

WR: Stefon Diggs and Allen Robinson

I have:

RB: Zeke, David Montgomery, Latavius Murray, and J.K. Dobbins

WR: Nuk Hopkins, Tyreek Hill, OBJ, and Tyler Boyd

We play 2 RB, 2 WR, and a RB/WR flex.

Clearly I'm hurting at RB, but everyone hurts somewhere in a big enough league.

May be willing to offer Boyd for Gibson. Maybe Boyd and Murray for Gibson and Edmunds, or just Gibson. Am I in the ballpark?

Seems crazy to try to go with only two WRs, but he's dodged injuries so far. Boyd seems like Burrow's top target, so I don't see it as a chump deal. Maybe I'm better off hanging onto Boyd a while longer...


I’m holding if I were you.
Mako Shark
Posts: 554
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010
Sand$: 1,049.40
Thoughts on this one in standard?

Give: Woods, Swift
Get: Chark, Moss

We play 2 Wr and I have DK, Golladay, so both WRa are my 3rd option who I'd typically flex. The RBs are 4th in line upside plays.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 30456
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008
Sand$: 75,269.00
yecul wrote:Thoughts on this one in standard?

Give: Woods, Swift
Get: Chark, Moss

We play 2 Wr and I have DK, Golladay, so both WRa are my 3rd option who I'd typically flex. The RBs are 4th in line upside plays.


I’m good with , per your explanation.
Mako Shark
Posts: 653
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014
Sand$: 2,654.67
What kind of WR do you think a fellow could get for OBJ. Naturally, if you find someone stupid enough, all things are possible. I'm just scratching my head, trying to think of an offer that I can make and not get auto-rejected.

Two things seem to work against me. One is that people in many leagues undervalue WRs. This is a 0.5 PPR league, but even in full PPR, it's hard to make a deal if you're not offering a RB.

The other thing is a lot of the Monday morning articles are touring OBJ as a sell high, so I don't think anyone is buying.
Great White Shark
Posts: 8012
Joined: Wed Jul 4, 2007
Sand$: 46,515.68
Gilgamesh wrote:What kind of WR do you think a fellow could get for OBJ. Naturally, if you find someone stupid enough, all things are possible. I'm just scratching my head, trying to think of an offer that I can make and not get auto-rejected.

Two things seem to work against me. One is that people in many leagues undervalue WRs. This is a 0.5 PPR league, but even in full PPR, it's hard to make a deal if you're not offering a RB.

The other thing is a lot of the Monday morning articles are touring OBJ as a sell high, so I don't think anyone is buying.


id target the davante adams owner,the julio owner both have frustrated the hell outta their owners