Trade Questions and Advice

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 81,046.52
Gilgamesh wrote:What do think it would take to get Antonio Gibson right now?

It was a strange draft this year -- 14 team, 0.5 PPR, short bench. I took Zeke as #3 off the board, then everyone went RB crazy.

The team with Gibson has:

RB: Miles Sanders, Mixon, Gibson, Edmunds, Martinson, and Zack Moss

WR: Stefon Diggs and Allen Robinson

I have:

RB: Zeke, David Montgomery, Latavius Murray, and J.K. Dobbins

WR: Nuk Hopkins, Tyreek Hill, OBJ, and Tyler Boyd

We play 2 RB, 2 WR, and a RB/WR flex.

Clearly I'm hurting at RB, but everyone hurts somewhere in a big enough league.

May be willing to offer Boyd for Gibson. Maybe Boyd and Murray for Gibson and Edmunds, or just Gibson. Am I in the ballpark?

Seems crazy to try to go with only two WRs, but he's dodged injuries so far. Boyd seems like Burrow's top target, so I don't see it as a chump deal. Maybe I'm better off hanging onto Boyd a while longer...

I’m holding if I were you.
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,015.18
Thoughts on this one in standard?

Give: Woods, Swift
Get: Chark, Moss

We play 2 Wr and I have DK, Golladay, so both WRa are my 3rd option who I'd typically flex. The RBs are 4th in line upside plays.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 81,046.52
yecul wrote:Thoughts on this one in standard?

Give: Woods, Swift
Get: Chark, Moss

We play 2 Wr and I have DK, Golladay, so both WRa are my 3rd option who I'd typically flex. The RBs are 4th in line upside plays.

I’m good with , per your explanation.
Mako Shark
Sand$: 2,641.85
What kind of WR do you think a fellow could get for OBJ. Naturally, if you find someone stupid enough, all things are possible. I'm just scratching my head, trying to think of an offer that I can make and not get auto-rejected.

Two things seem to work against me. One is that people in many leagues undervalue WRs. This is a 0.5 PPR league, but even in full PPR, it's hard to make a deal if you're not offering a RB.

The other thing is a lot of the Monday morning articles are touring OBJ as a sell high, so I don't think anyone is buying.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,352.92
Gilgamesh wrote:What kind of WR do you think a fellow could get for OBJ. Naturally, if you find someone stupid enough, all things are possible. I'm just scratching my head, trying to think of an offer that I can make and not get auto-rejected.

Two things seem to work against me. One is that people in many leagues undervalue WRs. This is a 0.5 PPR league, but even in full PPR, it's hard to make a deal if you're not offering a RB.

The other thing is a lot of the Monday morning articles are touring OBJ as a sell high, so I don't think anyone is buying.

id target the davante adams owner,the julio owner both have frustrated the hell outta their owners
Mako Shark
Sand$: 2,641.85
Thanks. I meant to say RB, but may have a lot better luck with a WR. That might be a much better idea actually.

I offered Tyler Boyd for Antonio Gibson a couple weeks ago, before Gibson had shown much, to a very weak WR team that could spare the depth. I got a counter for Tyreek Hill, so either he was offended or deluded. Go figure
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,352.92
Gilgamesh wrote:Thanks. I meant to say RB, but may have a lot better luck with a WR. That might be a much better idea actually.

I offered Tyler Boyd for Antonio Gibson a couple weeks ago, before Gibson had shown much, to a very weak WR team that could spare the depth. I got a counter for Tyreek Hill, so either he was offended or deluded. Go figure

you were better off anyway gibson is emerging as a every wk rb2 with upside and tyler boyd is a wr1
Sand$: 40,881.25
guys, if for some reason you have Todd Gurley, I think it's time to sell high

He looked ok last night but he isn't the guy he use to be. He's getting zero passing work and is getting bailed out by touchdowns. It's not sustainable. Maybe hold another week as they play Carolina but I'd start floating some trade offers to those teams hit by the injury bug.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,801.96
lol...

I agree ezv, my issue is I've been shopping him, even pairing him with Julio or another WR from the start of the season and I can't get anyone to bite other than getting ridiculous counter offers.

Maybe some team will decide there's something real there after that game, but the underlying numbers are bad (or at best mediocre) and the league I have him in doesn't have any coaches who don't look beyond just the point totals. Which is nice for competition, but sometimes annoying because we all fixate on some metric for our guys and not for other guys.

But that's a problem generally where you like to think your guys are better than they are and the other teams guys are worse than they are. Until you covet someone in a trade and then that logic flips.
Sand$: 40,881.25
yep, easier said than done
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,972.98
ubertaco wrote:lol...

I agree ezv, my issue is I've been shopping him, even pairing him with Julio or another WR from the start of the season and I can't get anyone to bite other than getting ridiculous counter offers.

Maybe some team will decide there's something real there after that game, but the underlying numbers are bad (or at best mediocre) and the league I have him in doesn't have any coaches who don't look beyond just the point totals. Which is nice for competition, but sometimes annoying because we all fixate on some metric for our guys and not for other guys.

But that's a problem generally where you like to think your guys are better than they are and the other teams guys are worse than they are. Until you covet someone in a trade and then that logic flips.

LOL to all this.. Probably like this in most leagues. I think the point total fixation is the most annoying particularly when it's the result of a big week or two out of 8-10. Hard to overcome

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Blue Shark
Sand$: 257.30
Dynasty Trade Question: Start 2 RB, 3 WR. 0.1 point per carry; 0.5 point per rec; 0.1 yard carry/rec

Give: Kamara
Get: Aaron Jones, Allen Robison; Drew Lock; 2022 1st round rookie pick

Current Team:
QB: Aaron, Big Ben, Jimmy G
RB: Kamara, James Robinson, Mostert, McKinnon, Murray, AP
WR: Julia, AJ, TY, Cooks, Keelan Cole, Adam Humphries, Zaccheaus

Does adding Robinson and a 2022 pick help me out by going Jones instead of Kamara?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,338.10
lol 2022 pick .

I probably would. Don't care for Drew, but you get 2 quality players there and a 1st round pick.
Megalodon
Sand$: 39,027.38
sammae wrote:Dynasty Trade Question: Start 2 RB, 3 WR. 0.1 point per carry; 0.5 point per rec; 0.1 yard carry/rec

Give: Kamara
Get: Aaron Jones, Allen Robison; Drew Lock; 2022 1st round rookie pick

Current Team:
QB: Aaron, Big Ben, Jimmy G
RB: Kamara, James Robinson, Mostert, McKinnon, Murray, AP
WR: Julia, AJ, TY, Cooks, Keelan Cole, Adam Humphries, Zaccheaus

Does adding Robinson and a 2022 pick help me out by going Jones instead of Kamara?

Yes. Kamara is fantastic, but that's an outstanding return, and Robinson is worth more than the small difference between Kamara and Jones, especially with your desperate need for a quality WR.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,782.70
Guy in the Pennington just offered me Fournette for my Hunt. :F

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.