Trade Questions and Advice

Great White Shark
Sand$: 12,751.12
bluemist wrote:What is Thomas's trade value now? Should the savvy Sharp be targeting him hoping for a big layoff run?

I would definitely be feeling out Thomas owners to see where they are at. Some people are cool as cucumbers when it comes to injuries, but others (esp. ones who feel they've been "burned" too many times) just wanna flip tables.

It's really hard to comment on what his value is right now (or should I say what you can get him for - because IMO his actual value hasn't really changed much) because I think it really comes down to each individual manager and not only their proclivities (recognize injuries as an inevitable part of the game vs. the "I've been burned too many times before BB!QQ!!!!!" types) but also their rosters. Were they decimated by injuries week 1 and are now desperate to fill a starting line up? Someone with plenty of bench depth isn't going to sell him on the cheap because they aren't desperate.

Sorry that isn't super helpful. Off the cuff I'm thinking you could trade a big name or big game TE like Kelce or Goedert, if you felt you can part with that and if they are weak at TE.

I'm a dudette. Image
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,935.96
Would any of you move Odell Beckham (played like poop) for Leveon Bell (IR for 3 weeks)?
Seems like I'm trading one headache for another, but could stash Lev Bell on IR.
I'm 1-0 but My Team needs RB help
RB: Aaron Jones, Mark Ingram, James White, Breida, Gaskin, Latavius Murray
WR: Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, Odell, Gallup, Viska

QB: Russ/Tanny / RB: Jones, Davis, Ahmed, Hines, Williams, Booker, Gaskin(IR), Aiyuk (IR)
WR: Dvnte, AJBrown, ARob, Tee / Fant, Gdrt / Lutz / MIN
--
QB: Herb RB: DCook, Jacbs, Mattsn, Booker
WR: Ridley, DK, JJeff, Gllday / Jonnu / Carlson / LAR,CHI
Blue Shark
Sand$: 1,388.92
I wouldn't be too quick to give up Odell. He's got some weird issues going on but it appears they are psych/QB related more than his own health or ability. Leveon, as you mentioned, is hurt and won't even be on the field for a couple of weeks. If you insist on trading Odell, you might be selling yourself short with Leveon. I'd look for someone who will at least be on the field. Problems aside, he is still Odell Beckham and most fantasy owners would at least consider acquiring him for a reasonable offer.

nosman21 wrote:Would any of you move Odell Beckham (played like poop) for Leveon Bell (IR for 3 weeks)?
Seems like I'm trading one headache for another, but could stash Lev Bell on IR.
Megalodon
Sand$: 25,436.39
nosman21 wrote:Would any of you move Odell Beckham (played like poop) for Leveon Bell (IR for 3 weeks)?

personally, I can't stand odell. I avoid him at all costs and so I'd certainly try to move him.
I am not sure I'd want Bell though. NYJ are a train wreck with that head coach.

stuffedcrust3meat wrote:to all the people we never meet that leave a lasting impression :Drink)
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,721.06
Standard scoring, start 2 RB, (1 superflex I try to use a qb), 8 keeper.
My rbs are.. Cook, Hunt, Singletary, JTaylor, Conner, Snell
Other guy.. (drake, monty, howard) Hines, Moss, MBrown
I am looking to offer him Conner/Snell for Hines and either Moss or Brown.
A full backfield for two halves. The two halves will give me 2 full, or 1.5 backfields back. Taylor/Hines..Singletary/Moss..or Brown.
I'm not a big cuff guy but I'm thinking about it.
What are your thoughts on this?
My disgruntled Conner owner side is arguing with my not really wanting to give up the likely more valuable PIT backfield side. So I guess I'm looking for a knudge to throw Conner from the train or a whoa nelly, your an idiot, keep Conner/Snell. Of course, nothing says he'll take it either. Thanks.
Great White Shark
rsr1 wrote:Standard scoring, start 2 RB, (1 superflex I try to use a qb), 8 keeper.
My rbs are.. Cook, Hunt, Singletary, JTaylor, Conner, Snell
Other guy.. (drake, monty, howard) Hines, Moss, MBrown
I am looking to offer him Conner/Snell for Hines and either Moss or Brown.
A full backfield for two halves. The two halves will give me 2 full, or 1.5 backfields back. Taylor/Hines..Singletary/Moss..or Brown.
I'm not a big cuff guy but I'm thinking about it.
What are your thoughts on this?
My disgruntled Conner owner side is arguing with my not really wanting to give up the likely more valuable PIT backfield side. So I guess I'm looking for a knudge to throw Conner from the train or a whoa nelly, your an idiot, keep Conner/Snell. Of course, nothing says he'll take it either. Thanks.

I am also not generally one to handcuff but as I've said many times before, it makes a ton of sense for this year due to COVID/poor conditioning.

I personally would go for that. While the PIT backfield *may* be more productive (not sure?) I also think it has a much larger potential to be a headache throughout the year. The roles in the Indy backfield are more settled IMO, as long as there aren't injuries I don't think you'd have to be guessing as much there.

I'm a dudette. Image
Great White Shark
bluemist wrote:What is Thomas's trade value now? Should the savvy Sharp be targeting him hoping for a big layoff run?

I just listened to a podcast over lunch and those folks were saying they would be offering guys in the "ARob/DK Metcalf/Robert Woods" kind of tier. They only talked about his value relative to other WRs, not other positions. But also cautioned that they wouldn't move him unless the offer blows you away or you are desperate. Could come back as early as week 3-4 (or try to play through it? :F ) or they could hold him out until after the bye (week 7).

I'm a dudette. Image
Megalodon
Sand$: 11,581.62
bunnywafer wrote:

I just listened to a podcast over lunch and those folks were saying they would be offering guys in the "ARob/DK Metcalf/Robert Woods" kind of tier. They only talked about his value relative to other WRs, not other positions. But also cautioned that they wouldn't move him unless the offer blows you away or you are desperate. Could come back as early as week 3-4 (or try to play through it? :F ) or they could hold him out until after the bye (week 7).

Thinking of moving Odell for him...team has WR issue and as Thomas is out for several weeks (or at least not 100%). I have lost faith already in Odell....

At this point, if a clown invited me into the woods, I would just go.

We are not your kind

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn :slug:
Afterwards one sometimes learns that one has been through Dunwich.
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,791.76
bunnywafer wrote:

Thanks Bunny. I offered him L Murray, Chark and Watkins to open for Thomas and James White, hoping for a counter. He has already lost Golladay, Bell and Thomas and put up--by far--the lowest point total in the Pennington last week.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,968.74
In a dynasty I offered two trades for J Taylor. Mixon as well as M Thomas. Both were instantly declined. I have JT in another dynasty and I thought about it and wouldn’t have dealt him for either player myself. I think now is the time to get him if it’s going to happen. The price is going to get even more absurd.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,239.08

Trading away OBJ who his team was trying to force feed (10 targets) for a player who plays for Adam Gase.... [-X

You can hold tight 2 weeks, I think week 3-4 would be my deadline on OBJ they have 2 home games vs Cinci, vs Washington! If he can't get it done by then....cut bait!....But I agree with above NOT FOR LEVEON your selling short.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,587.58
I bet a lot of Agents bring up Odell and Bell in their conversations with their football Clients......”.Look what happened to those 2. Do you really want to move to Teams X ?)
Looking at you AROB
Megalodon
Sand$: 39,029.30

I wouldn't.
I like Beckham, but don't like Mayfield and definitely wouldn't feel good about relying on the Browns passing game.
With that said, the Jets running game sucks more, and I'm not betting on Brown being a useful asset when (if) he comes back healthy.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,350.34
Got thrown a few offers for my Miles Sanders and AJ Brown and combos of other players, but ultimately just settled on those two giving up, and getting back Saq and CSutton.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,350.34
jdferguson07 wrote:I just sold Calvin Ridley in a dynasty. I was really high on him going forward, but I couldn't say no to all these picks... What do yall think? The guys team looks to be a bottom dweller, so the picks could end up turning into high end draft picks.

Give:
-Calvin Ridley

Get:
-Sammy Watkins
-2021 2nd
-2022 1st
-2022 2nd
-2023 1st
-2023 3rd

dang.. I'd take that.. but hope he doesn't bail.