Trade Questions and Advice

Blue Shark
Sand$: 626.40
Trying to rebuild a dynasty team I took over. Is asking for Saquon by giving a 1st, DJ Moore and a developmental guy giving up too much? Barkley should be a the lowest cost as he could get right now. Thanks

QB: Jackson
RB: Chubb, Carson, White, Penny, Freeman,Ballage
WR: Hill, Allen, Hollywood,Anderson, Fuller
TE: Henry, Andrews
K: Butker
DEF: Bills
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 74,666.68
jduprey wrote:Trying to rebuild a dynasty team I took over. Is asking for Saquon by giving a 1st, DJ Moore and a developmental guy giving up too much? Barkley should be a the lowest cost as he could get right now. Thanks

Too much? If I was the Saqoun owner Id turn it down.
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,211.06
jduprey wrote:Trying to rebuild a dynasty team I took over. Is asking for Saquon by giving a 1st, DJ Moore and a developmental guy giving up too much? Barkley should be a the lowest cost as he could get right now. Thanks

close,` it depends on the developmental guy and the pick (late or early). Not sure i'd be looking to buy Saquon AND rebuild. personally id rather buy a rb like Swift or Dobbins.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,355.97
rugger48 wrote:

Too much? If I was the Saquon owner Id turn it down.

I have a few shares of Saquon and I'd never trade him for that, rebuilding or not. At least 2 number 1 picks and a little more and even then, I'd have reservations.

Perspective....he's 23, turning 24 in Feb 2021, 6 months younger than CMC and only a little over 2 years older than one of the better backs entering the NFL year Chubba Hubbard and nearly exactly 2 years older than another incoming top back Travis Etienne.

2020 House Of Bourbon
2020 Deep Black
Great White Shark
Sand$: 22,658.44
jesteva wrote:
rugger48 wrote:

Too much? If I was the Saquon owner Id turn it down.

I have a few shares of Saquon and I'd never trade him for that, rebuilding or not. At least 2 number 1 picks and a little more and even then, I'd have reservations.

Perspective....he's 23, turning 24 in Feb 2021, 6 months younger than CMC and only a little over 2 years older than one of the better backs entering the NFL year Chubba Hubbard and nearly exactly 2 years older than another incoming top back Travis Etienne.

Insane how worried people are about Saquon after the high ankle sprain, and torn ACL in consecutive years.

He's 233 lbs! He's never had injury problems in college.. he's 23 years old! If anyone is panicking now's the time to pounce.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Blue Shark
Sand$: 626.40
The 1st is late and we haven’t discussed the developmental guy. It sounds like if I swap CeeDee for DJ he would be into trading.
Thing is is that I am really high on CeeDee and think that with a healthy Dak back next year he could be a top 5 WR. But, let’s be honest-to get Barkley I’ve have to give a lot

Late 1st + CeeDee + developmental guy (Eno Benjamin type player) for Saquon.

QB: Jackson
RB: Chubb, Carson, White, Penny, Freeman,Ballage
WR: Hill, Allen, Hollywood,Anderson, Fuller
TE: Henry, Andrews
K: Butker
DEF: Bills
Megalodon
Sand$: 39,230.24
jduprey wrote:The 1st is late and we haven’t discussed the developmental guy. It sounds like if I swap CeeDee for DJ he would be into trading.
Thing is is that I am really high on CeeDee and think that with a healthy Dak back next year he could be a top 5 WR. But, let’s be honest-to get Barkley I’ve have to give a lot

Yes

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 1.82
jduprey wrote:The 1st is late and we haven’t discussed the developmental guy. It sounds like if I swap CeeDee for DJ he would be into trading.

I'd need a better sweetener than Eno.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 27,211.12
Last place team is trading Miles Sanders to a contender for Christian Kirk.

Think I’m going to vote to veto.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 12,155.22
hawkdogger wrote:Last place team is trading Miles Sanders to a contender for Christian Kirk.

Does the last place team still have a chance or are they mathematically out?

If they have a chance, that's a good trade if they could use a WR and keep their current RBs.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,632.92
hawkdogger wrote:Last place team is trading Miles Sanders to a contender for Christian Kirk.

Don’t veto.
If the league is not up to your standards, respectfully advise the league and leave after the season.
FTR: I’m against trade vetoes. You never know how a trade will turn out. And if there is obvious collusion, the answer is simple.
Otherwise, let em play. You can take your expertise elsewhere. No shortage of leagues.
Peace

2019 Divine Comedy Champion
Master of Snowflakes Tour
Great White Shark
Sand$: 27,211.12
Well, I won’t veto.
Buy I’ll vote against it. If the league as a whole days no, so be it.
The last place team is out of it.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 74,666.68
Elmagister wrote:

I'd need a better sweetener than Eno.

Agree , it’s close , but I would ask for next years first or some other player who is better.

Context of teams help.
Megalodon
Sand$: 39,230.24
hawkdogger wrote:Well, I won’t veto.
Buy I’ll vote against it. If the league as a whole days no, so be it.
The last place team is out of it.

For the season, Sanders is less than 2 points per game ahead of Kirk.
Over the last 4 weeks, Kirk has been a top 5 WR (weekly average in PPR), and top 8 among all WRs and RBs.

Sanders is coming back this week, but his health certainly has to be considered a risk the rest of the way.
In a redraft league, there's a reasonable argument that Kirk outscores him most weeks the rest of the way. In a keeper or dynasty league, Kirk is 23 and locked in as his team's #2 WR with a great young QB for the forseeable future.

Maybe you don't like it, but there's absolutely a valid argument that the team getting Kirk is improving his chances to win.
If you don't like teams out that are out of the playoffs making trades, talk to your league about locking rosters at some point in future seasons, but I wouldn't veto or vote against this trade.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,852.86
My general opinion on trades is there should be no veto unless it appears to be obvious collusion.

Let grown folks make grown folks decisions.

I'm a dude.