Trade Questions and Advice

Mako Shark
Sand$: 2,011.68
Would you give up Ridley for Chris Carson in PPR?

My roster (start 2RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 flex)
RB: Chubb, Mixon, M Davis, D Harris, Taylor, Lyndsay
WR/TE: Kelce, Ridley, Godwin, Kupp, Antonio Brown, Chark, J Meyers
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,851.72
If I'm doing well enough in the standings, I'd rather take Carson and wait out his return.

I'm a dude.
Megalodon
Sand$: 46,071.57
I don't trust Ridley's foot injury. Foot injuries are never good.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 121,470.68
Apes wrote:I don't trust Ridley's foot injury. Foot injuries are never good.

Unless there was an existing problem with his wheel from what I have gathered what knocked him out against Carolina should not hinder him week 11. It was wise to keep him out til after the bye, but this injury should be fully healed by now.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,444.60
Apes wrote:Looking at being a seller rather than a buyer at the trade deadline and taking some consideration from the Swift thread here. In a $200 auction keeper league, I can likely either trade for Barkley or Swift at bargain prices- $15 for Barkley and $16 for Swift. For reference, Barkley cost $78 at the auction, was dropped after he got hurt and picked up in blind bidding waivers for $15.

I'm 3 games out of the wild card with 4 weeks left in the season, so looking only at the future, would you lean towards Barkley or Swift? Thanks.

I'd take Barkley then. $1 cheaper, and next yr he will still be the man. They just need a OLine.
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,208.20
Apes wrote:I don't trust Ridley's foot injury. Foot injuries are never good.

doesn't Carson have a foot injury too?

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Mako Shark
Sand$: 2,654.67
Our trade deadline has come and passed, and another year I couldn't make a deal. Why is it some leagues trade a lot, and others don't.

Because of COVID, we decided not to make it a money league this year, and just let it fly and have fun. So $ is not the issue.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,624.40
Gilgamesh wrote:Our trade deadline has come and passed, and another year I couldn't make a deal. Why is it some leagues trade a lot, and others don't.

Because of COVID, we decided not to make it a money league this year, and just let it fly and have fun. So $ is not the issue.

Depends on the league, of course.
The more variables involved, the higher the chances of trades.
Big rosters, IDP, contracts all lend themselves towards more complex decisions; thus mo trades.
Gilgamesh, if you want more trade action, seek a more complex league.
Edit: and if your league in question is already complex, seek more leagues.
My longtime money league hardly ever trades. But it’s tradition, and it’s hard to shake things up there.
So I go out into the ether and join other leagues. It as simple as that, brother.
Good luck.

2019 Divine Comedy Champion
Master of Snowflakes Tour
Chum
Sand$: 15.28
Keeper league PPR. Trade Nyheim Hines for Zack Moss? Thinking for next year. Thanks
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,444.60
Gilgamesh wrote:Why is it some leagues trade a lot, and others don't. .

scrub owners
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 121,470.68
Gilgamesh wrote:Why is it some leagues trade a lot, and others don't. .

As our access to information has changed drastically over the last decade I have found trading in redrafts to be a waste of time. If I have an obvious strength like an extra RB or 2 and an obvious weakness like relying on Jarvis Landry in my lineup then I'll give the trade machine a spin, but otherwise - nah. I think a trade I made earlier this year in a 2 qb leeg was the first I've made in any redraft in about a half decade. And I only made it cause I had 4 good QB's (one was IR eligible) and we have a 3 QB limit.
Megalodon
davec1511 wrote:Keeper league PPR. Trade Nyheim Hines for Zack Moss? Thinking for next year. Thanks

i would...but i love me some Moss.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Mako Shark
Sand$: 2,011.68
Deadline looming- does this improve my team or should I sit tight? Or should I shop that WR depth for RB help?

Give Ridley and Kupp
Get Diggs

PPR starting 3 WR/TE and flex. I am 8-2 so looking good for playoff berth.

Current roster:

RB: Chubb, Mixon, Taylor, M Davis, Bernard, Murray
WR/TE: Kelce, Ridley, Godwin, Kupp, Antonio Brown, Meyers, D Samuel
Megalodon
mepa620 wrote:Deadline looming- does this improve my team or should I sit tight? Or should I shop that WR depth for RB help?

Give Ridley and Kupp
Get Diggs

Current roster:

i don't think i'd mess with your WRs but i haven't followed Ridley's injury.. i think i'd stay put though

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 74,658.34
mepa620 wrote:Deadline looming- does this improve my team or should I sit tight? Or should I shop that WR depth for RB help?

Give Ridley and Kupp
Get Diggs

Current roster:

No