Trade Questions and Advice

SandShark
Sand$: 195.10
Yes for sure. That's a solid point.
I also don't mind playing keep away from other owners with my backs even if I cant start them every week.

2-0 and 1st in points - not sure i should go meddling with that.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,655.40
PPR Dyno

Godwin or Swift/1st

Too Many League and not enough Whiskey
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,095.08
kkiddynamite21 wrote:PPR Dyno

Godwin or Swift/1st

id take Swift and that 1st...fast.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Great White Shark
Yeah I did but I did take my time. My only issue was that I should be able to get a more proven RB than Swift, but nobody is every selling RBs. The 1st is going to be late but I do have MT/Diontae/Chark/Slayton/Kirk at WR still so I should be ok. Needed to get another RB as I only had LF/Mixon and Ill be able to draft a top WR next year as well.

Megalodon
Sand$: 39,057.66
kkiddynamite21 wrote:PPR Dyno

Godwin or Swift/1st

Godwin. He's a guy I'd target to buy, not sell, in dynasty leagues.

Godwin is 24, coming off a huge season, and playing in an aggressive fantasy-friendly offense with another top tier WR keeping defenses from paying too much attention to him.

I'd like his dynasty prospects more if he was already locked up in Tampa past this year, but I expect continued high level production no matter where he plays next season, and I'd bet heavily on him being better in 2021 than the rookie you're taking with that pick.

Will that rookie be better within 2-3 seasons (without considering injuries, which are obviously unpredictable)? It's possible, but I'd lean toward the very young WR who has already proven he can be great in the NFL over a guy you HOPE can produce close to the level Godwin hit last season. Does getting a potential RB3/flex (Swift) make up the difference? No, not for me.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Megalodon
kkiddynamite21 wrote:Yeah I did but I did take my time. My only issue was that I should be able to get a more proven RB than Swift, but nobody is every selling RBs. The 1st is going to be late but I do have MT/Diontae/Chark/Slayton/Kirk at WR still so I should be ok. Needed to get another RB as I only had LF/Mixon and Ill be able to draft a top WR next year as well.

it's very hard to get a young RBs like Swift and he's shown his potential in the passing game already. Reminds me alot of Kamara but in a crappy offense lol. Young stud RBs are gold in a dynasty and i think Swift will be one. And i like the 1st...that would give you 2 1st rounders to work with.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Great White Shark
Thats where I was with it as well. WRs are a dime a dozen and its not hard to buy one. RBS are worth more than gold and nobody is ever really selling unless you are willing to massively over pay. Swift may be a RB3 this year, but thats all I need him to be. In rookie drafts nobody was drafting any of these rookies expecting RB1 season in year 1, I do think going forward he will become more productive. Flex worthy with minimal carries is an encouraging sign to me. I can use those two 1st rounders to buy just about any WR I want except maybe MT, but Id almost bet if I offered those two 1st rounders for guys like DJM, Tyreek, Juju,DK, AJB, etc all would smash accept.

Chum
Sand$: 65.10
I need to do this correct? Jonnu/Fournette for Kittle/Swift? I would still have Jones, Hellaire, Kelley, Swift and Kerryon. I could probably get Kittle for just Fournette but it will probably get vetoed.
Last edited by Sj53150 on Tue 09.22.2020, 17:10, edited 1 time in total.
Great White Shark
Depending how many you start and scoring Id be doing it, but I also wouldnt ever play in a league that allowed vetoes.

Mako Shark
Sand$: 2,647.61
Interesting offer in a vacuum -- 0.5 PPR, Antonio Gibson for J.K. Dobbins.

I'm the Dobbins owner. I have no plans to start him soon, but he was there fairly late, and I believe he was one of the most talented RBs in the rookie draft class. In a dynasty league, it's a hold. This is a redraft though. Baltimore has a lot of running backs, with Lamar Wilson their RB#1. I drafted him banking on him getting a chance later in the season, but maybe or maybe not

Antonio Gibson has talent, and fewer guys ahead of him. The Washington Football Team is not as good as Baltimore, and I'm not sure I see him as any more of a league winner.

I received this offer, with the stated reason being they're pretty much even, and it would help manage bye weeks. Both RBs ride the pine right now, for both teams.

Who do you like more?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,548.40
Dobbins by a lot for me

still waiting for my antifa paycheck. do they do direct deposit now?
Megalodon
for Redraft i think it's a coin flip...but i think i'd go Gibson. And i LOVE Dobbins...but they are so deep at RB i just dont see him starting or getting the touches this year. But if DObbins were to be the guy in BAL? he's top 10 imo.

Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,277.46
BG3eb wrote:Are we selling or holding Cook in dynasty? Th e positive is that he got locked up, but other than his injury risk, that team looks like it could be in shambles for a while.

Reiterate: Dalvin, lol.

Would Ekeler be a sneaky upside trade for dynasty for Cook? Seems like the Vikings might be a mess offensively due to their defense. Ekeler is getting the short end of the stick as a pass catcher right now, yes, but I also have Kelley so I'd have that backfield.

Thoughts?
Megalodon
Gilgamesh wrote:Interesting offer in a vacuum -- 0.5 PPR, Antonio Gibson for J.K. Dobbins.

I'm the Dobbins owner. I have no plans to start him soon, but he was there fairly late, and I believe he was one of the most talented RBs in the rookie draft class. In a dynasty league, it's a hold. This is a redraft though. Baltimore has a lot of running backs, with Lamar Wilson their RB#1. I drafted him banking on him getting a chance later in the season, but maybe or maybe not

Antonio Gibson has talent, and fewer guys ahead of him. The Washington Football Team is not as good as Baltimore, and I'm not sure I see him as any more of a league winner.

I received this offer, with the stated reason being they're pretty much even, and it would help manage bye weeks. Both RBs ride the pine right now, for both teams.

Who do you like more?

I'd take Gibson. His role will continue to grow as the season goes on, and I think Washington will find ways to get him the ball with room to work. Dobbins is a small piece of a great offense, Gibson will be a big piece of a below average offense.
I like Gibson's volume and ceiling more this season and next. I'm not trying to project any further than that for RBs.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Megalodon
BG3eb wrote:
BG3eb wrote:Are we selling or holding Cook in dynasty? Th e positive is that he got locked up, but other than his injury risk, that team looks like it could be in shambles for a while.

Reiterate: Dalvin, lol.

Would Ekeler be a sneaky upside trade for dynasty for Cook? Seems like the Vikings might be a mess offensively due to their defense. Ekeler is getting the short end of the stick as a pass catcher right now, yes, but I also have Kelley so I'd have that backfield.

Thoughts?

Maybe Ekeler and high draft picks or a good QB or TE.
But just Ekeler straight up for Cook? No, I wouldn't make that move in either redraft or dynasty.

-Mike McD, Rounders