2020 Hot Seat

Sand$: 40,586.09
FantasyHussy wrote:Gotta include Anthony Lynn.
Abominable coaching yesterday/all season/all career.

definitely
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 1.82
endzoneview wrote:
FantasyHussy wrote:Gotta include Anthony Lynn.
Abominable coaching yesterday/all season/all career.

definitely

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 121,497.34
Anthony Lynn was toast weeks ago for a laundry list of reasons, but I don't understand why that video is making the rounds. Without context my knee jerk is that was on Herbert.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 1.82
Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,783.76
Not to pile on but I couldn't believe this sequence either...

2nd quarter, 4th and 2 with 1 timeout left; ball on the BUF 48 down 17-6.

Herbert races up to the line, gets everyone ready to go for it...announcers saying "it's a good decision here, your 3-7...need a spark...need about 13 yards for a FG at the end of the half"...tick tick tick...

After letting about 15 seconds run off, Lynn calls a timeout at 21 seconds left. They then punt. :-k

BUF gets it to start the 3rd quarter and scores, going up 24-6. :F
Great White Shark
Sand$: 8,150.60
I'm a Bolts fan and laughed at that.. I initially wasn't unhappy with the Lynn hiring and figured he'd mature as a coach. I was so wrong. Anyone think Marty Schottenheimer could still coach?

The team has had a myriad of problems during his tenure and except for Herbert, he's really addressed none of them.

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,592.32
The good news for Bolts fans is that they have a really attractive roster and will have a very high draft pick. They need to convince Eric Bieniemy to leave KC.

Definitely the most attractive job out of the ones that will be open from a talent and draft pick perspective.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Great White Shark
Sand$: 27,209.98
There are bolts fans?
Supreme Megalodon
SJSwarm wrote:The good news for Bolts fans is that they have a really attractive roster and will have a very high draft pick. They need to convince Eric Bieniemy to leave KC.

Definitely the most attractive job out of the ones that will be open from a talent and draft pick perspective.

Not sure I agree, but since I know how you feel about Justin Fields I get why you'd think that.

Assume Jags get the #2 pick
*Cost controlled young QB
*Healthy financial position to work in free agency and the trade market
*A young foundation to build from
*All of their own early round picks
*Plus the Rams #1 (20something)
*And the Vikings #2 (40something)

Rebuild the culture in 21 and add enough assets with the above tools then this team could be a legit threat in 22.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 22,644.20
OarChambo wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:The good news for Bolts fans is that they have a really attractive roster and will have a very high draft pick. They need to convince Eric Bieniemy to leave KC.

Not sure I agree, but since I know how you feel about Justin Fields I get why you'd think that.

Assume Jags get the #2 pick
*Cost controlled young QB
*Healthy financial position to work in free agency and the trade market
*A young foundation to build from
*All of their own early round picks
*Plus the Rams #1 (20something)
*And the Vikings #2 (40something)

Rebuild the culture in 21 and add enough assets with the above tools then this team could be a legit threat in 22.

Jags could absolutely see a surge with Fields at QB. His ball location has greatly improved this year, and I'm a lot more open to the idea of him emerging as a franchise QB.

I personally think Kyle Trask is being severely underrated right now, and could see him catapulting into the top 10 in the offseason, as well

When you combine offense and defense, though.. I'd have to agree with Swarm that LAC is the most attractive spot. That defense is quite good when healthy (although, that's been a rarity as of late)

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
zuggyawesome wrote:When you combine offense and defense, though.. I'd have to agree with Swarm that LAC is the most attractive spot. That defense is quite good when healthy (although, that's been a rarity as of late)

Do they have any foundation pieces beyond Bosa and Derwin? Those are two great pieces to build from, but their lacking anything beyond that is why they run into so many problems when they're out. They have some functional pieces on the line and secondary, but are consistently exposed when they miss those x factors. I was not optimistic about Murray and he hasn't done anything this year to change that, so the whole LB unit is/was a problem.
Great White Shark
OarChambo wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:When you combine offense and defense, though.. I'd have to agree with Swarm that LAC is the most attractive spot. That defense is quite good when healthy (although, that's been a rarity as of late)

Do they have any foundation pieces beyond Bosa and Derwin? Those are two great pieces to build from, but their lacking anything beyond that is why they run into so many problems when they're out. They have some functional pieces on the line and secondary, but are consistently exposed when they miss those x factors. I was not optimistic about Murray and he hasn't done anything this year to change that, so the whole LB unit is/was a problem.

Jerry Tillery, Melvin Ingram, Casey Heyward are also all difference makers.

I'd argue that Heyward, Bosa, and Derwin are all all-pro caliber defensive players.

3 all-pro's and 1 ascending star (possibly two if Murray looks better) and 1 all-pro on his way out is more firepower than most teams have on defense.

Then you factor in Drue Tranquil (who looked good last year but hit IR in week 1 this season) and that's the foundation of a very good defense.

I believe the reason they look so bad without their stars is because the D coordinator just isn't very good at hiding his weak links. Nassir Adderly and Rayshawn Jenkins get abused weekly and make terrible decisions in key points of the game. (in the endzone, on 3rd down, etc.)

Sand$: 40,586.09
The Chargers have the most coveted position covered - QB

Everything else is icing on the cake

The fact that Herbert has proved to be way better this early on than anyone expected is attractive in itself. Swarm mentioned Bienemy. Ideal for him. Returning to the team that drafted him, staying in the division. The only wild card is Spanos. Bienemy didn't get a second contract in his playing days, although I'm unsure if there is any bad blood.
Supreme Megalodon
zuggyawesome wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

Jerry Tillery, Melvin Ingram, Casey Heyward are also all difference makers.

I'd argue that Heyward, Bosa, and Derwin are all all-pro caliber defensive players.

3 all-pro's and 1 ascending star (possibly two if Murray looks better) and 1 all-pro on his way out is more firepower than most teams have on defense.

Then you factor in Drue Tranquil (who looked good last year but hit IR in week 1 this season) and that's the foundation of a very good defense.

I believe the reason they look so bad without their stars is because the D coordinator just isn't very good at hiding his weak links. Nassir Adderly and Rayshawn Jenkins get abused weekly and make terrible decisions in key points of the game. (in the endzone, on 3rd down, etc.)

Hayward will be 32 opening day next year, is a UFA after next season, and has not been impactful - I'm not ready to consider him toast but he's at the cliff. Before getting into the health and performance issues this year, Ingram's a UFA after this season anyway. I'm curious what a Tranquil-Murray LB corps looks like, but my eyebrow is raised and I think they need more regardless. Tillery's a'ight though.
Great White Shark
Didn't realize Hayward was falling off. Always looks good when I'm watching (but it's not like I watch LAC too much)

It'll be interesting to see what they look like next season with the FA decisions, but I don't think this defense lacks talent.