2020 Hot Seat

Great White Shark
Sand$: 37,687.16
Bears are 4-1 & that hurts to type out

52 States - 13 Justices - $15 Minimum Wage
Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,688.38
Griffimo wrote:Bears are 4-1 & that hurts to type out

I legit did not see them beating the Bucs, that was a surprise, but they got to start the season against 3 of the worst teams in the league.

Yeah, Pagano might get Nagy another season.

Their rest-of-season schedule is challenging, though. I'll keep Nagy on there for now.
Sand$: 40,665.95
jnadke wrote:It's interesting that the people everyone thought would be the first to go are surviving so long.

Bill O' Brien
Dann Quinn
Adam Gase
Matt Patricia

Surprise firings:
Anthony Lynn? - Chargers have a deep playoff cast, but they are grossly under-performing
Zac Taylor? - Joe Burrow was supposed to be the last thing this team needed
Doug Marrone? - Unlikely
Matt Nagy? - Somehow the Bears are 3-1 4-1 (on the back of Chuck Pagano)
Mike McCarthy - Some where calling for it, but they are winning division games and Dak gives Mike an excuse

Any bets on who's next.

Should be Gase
Should be Patricia/Quinn

But I think both of those teams are reluctant to make mid-season firings

You have to give Zac Taylor another year. Plus, no way Mike Brown is going to fire him and pay for two coaches
Lynn, again, rookie QB so he'll likely get another year plus he's a pretty good coach.

I'm going to say we are done with mid-season firings this year.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,721.06
endzoneview wrote:
jnadke wrote:It's interesting that the people everyone thought would be the first to go are surviving so long.

Bill O' Brien
Dann Quinn
Adam Gase
Matt Patricia

Surprise firings:
Anthony Lynn? - Chargers have a deep playoff cast, but they are grossly under-performing
Zac Taylor? - Joe Burrow was supposed to be the last thing this team needed
Doug Marrone? - Unlikely
Matt Nagy? - Somehow the Bears are 3-1 4-1 (on the back of Chuck Pagano)
Mike McCarthy - Some where calling for it, but they are winning division games and Dak gives Mike an excuse

Any bets on who's next.

Should be Gase
Should be Patricia/Quinn

But I think both of those teams are reluctant to make mid-season firings

You have to give Zac Taylor another year. Plus, no way Mike Brown is going to fire him and pay for two coaches
Lynn, again, rookie QB so he'll likely get another year plus he's a pretty good coach.

I'm going to say we are done with mid-season firings this year.

OOAL is down the hall. :wink:
Great White Shark
He's probably right, the Jets and Lions aren't traditionally organizations in recent memory that do mid-season firings (which used to be considered unprofessional).

Zac Taylor does have 2 years left on his contract, Marvin Lewis was fired with 1 year left. If Zac goes 2-14 twice in a row you have to believe he gets fired. But I guess Mike Brown could be on board with Suck for Sewell.

Anthony Lynn has to finish above 5-11 to have a chance at saving his job IMO. No way the Chargers can regress with a roster that good.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 121,570.90
endzoneview wrote:People are going to say the Falcons can Tank for Trevor but can the Falcons get out of Ryan's contract though?

2021 he has a $40M cap number

Looking over the contract, it looks like he is locked into Atlanta at least through 2022. The dead money is a little more workable in 2023 at $8M

Gotta get Blank's support, but a new front office has a rip off the band aid in 2020 card if he's receptive to it.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,444.60
OarChambo wrote:
endzoneview wrote:People are going to say the Falcons can Tank for Trevor but can the Falcons get out of Ryan's contract though?

Looking over the contract, it looks like he is locked into Atlanta at least through 2022. The dead money is a little more workable in 2023 at $8M

Gotta get Blank's support, but a new front office has a rip off the band aid in 2020 card if he's receptive to it.

So if next yr he has a $40M cap number, it would then be something that they start Trev behind him that yr (if they get Trev). Then the following year, keep him as a backup, or trade him out. I'm sure someone will take him and by trading him, the hit isn't there, as it goes to the new team. might throw some cash in there to make everyone happy.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 22,669.84
2 HC's have been fired... yet Adam Gase still has a job? It's a weird world we live in.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 121,570.90
wmharley wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

So if next yr he has a $40M cap number, it would then be something that they start Trev behind him that yr (if they get Trev). Then the following year, keep him as a backup, or trade him out. I'm sure someone will take him and by trading him, the hit isn't there, as it goes to the new team. might throw some cash in there to make everyone happy.

I think it's too early for if-then scenarios. We don't know what the NFL's doing with the cap # or if this Falcons team ends as a 2 win team, 5 wins, or somewhere in between. I'm just saying if they're in a position to draft a franchise QB and can make the finances work then moving on from Ryan in March 2021 should be on the table. It'd be a painful 2021, but given the cap hell this group is leaving behind they're going to incur pain at some point before they get better. So why not year 1 when they won't be competitive anyway.
Great White Shark
zuggyawesome wrote:2 HC's have been fired... yet Adam Gase still has a job? It's a weird world we live in.

I think the cases for why Adam Gase isn't fired are already stated:

1. No NYJ HC in the past 20 years has been fired before the last game of the season. With the exception of Herman Edwards, he was traded for a 4th.

2. Adam Gase has literally surrounded himself with mediocrity. The choices for stepping in are Gregg Williams or Dowell Loggains.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 74,722.38
The 1st overall picks cap hit is under 7 million. Cap hit is not stopping them from taking him.
It’s not the rookie cap number that is an issue

It’s Matt Ryan’s

Falcons are currently $29M over the 2021 cap. Only Eagles and Saints are in worse shape.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 74,722.38
I’m sure they will figure it out , a lot of teams are going to have issues next year.
Right, any team can figure it out but the rookie contract is not even a talking point. That’s the least of the Falcons issues
Look, all I have to look forward to is the Jets potentially drafting Trevor Lawrence so leave me alone