MINSHEW MANIA - Brace Yourselves

Leopard Shark
Sand$: 329.96
Gardner Minshew's game is so vanilla that it's hard to notice how good he is actually is.

This dude is an efficiency monster. 95% completion percentage against the Colts. He's basically a robot spitting out 99.9% on target perfect passes from the pocket. He's got more touch than an iphone X. He's consistently making the right decision on the field over and over again. If forced the throw 40 times a game, which he will be, AND with Chark/LSjr flying all over the field... there's massive upside here. Right now the investment is next to free... because "Jacksonville."

DJ Chark is a pro bowler.
Shenault could be a beast. He looks like the type of WR who can bully DBs and wreak havoc downfield breaking tackles and springing blocks.
A depleted rushing corps that ISN'T going to run over anyone.

FLAG PLANT!

Minshew will finish the season as a top 5 Fantasy QB.
He's a cheat code player in leagues that reward points for Completion %. (35 points in my league last week, good for 5th best fantasy score in week 1)
Chark and LSjr are more than capable to score anywhere on the field.
These WRs will pad Minshew's states against some of the other elite QBs as the Jags chase points every week.

:popcorn:
SandShark
Sand$: 92.40
Well I did drop Daniel Jones for him this week so I am boarding the train! Woo woo!!!!!
Great White Shark
Sand$: 12,760.84
I find all this Viska love in the tank quite curious. I don't remember seeing it during the preseason / summer, but I admit I wasn't around much.

When I was prepping for my dyno draft, the one rookie that almost all the talking heads agreed on in terms of major bust potential was Viska. Or at the minimum, felt that he might be a decent IRL player but less useful for our game. So to see all this love for him now, after one game, and in re-draft too... I'm not here to say it's right or wrong, just interesting...

But.... this is (one reason) why I stick around this place. The Tank has always tended to "zug" when others zig or zag (with apologies to our own zug for stealing his line ;) )

I'm a dudette. Image
Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,238.92
bunnywafer wrote:I find all this Viska love in the tank quite curious. I don't remember seeing it during the preseason / summer, but I admit I wasn't around much.

When I was prepping for my dyno draft, the one rookie that almost all the talking heads agreed on in terms of major bust potential was Viska. Or at the minimum, felt that he might be a decent IRL player but less useful for our game. So to see all this love for him now, after one game, and in re-draft too... I'm not here to say it's right or wrong, just interesting...

But.... this is (one reason) why I stick around this place. The Tank has always tended to "zug" when others zig or zag (with apologies to our own zug for stealing his line ;) )

:lol:

Interestingly enough.. I agreed that Viska was going to be a boom bust prospect (I still had him in my MASSIVE tier 2 of WRs) Either his YAC ability would translate to the NFL or it wouldn't...

And after what I saw in week 1 I'm leaning towards boom. He was the most productive rookie WR in the NFL.. and he did it on 29% of the snaps.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,946.00
The Tank has been so early some superstar players. You guys know this game.

The most recent being

Juju (seriously the Tank was Very early on him. I even remember in the thread there was an analysis on routes run and how he was going to leapfrog AB — seemed crazy his rookie year but that’s exactly what happened)

AJ Brown

QB: Russ/Tanny / RB: Jones, Davis, Ahmed, Hines, Williams, Booker, Gaskin(IR), Aiyuk (IR)
WR: Dvnte, AJBrown, ARob, Tee / Fant, Gdrt / Lutz / MIN
--
QB: Herb RB: DCook, Jacbs, Mattsn, Booker
WR: Ridley, DK, JJeff, Gllday / Jonnu / Carlson / LAR,CHI
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 120,612.26
It's way too early for back patting and while I don't recall who I wasn't the only one higher on Viska than the consensus. My top 3 WR were Lamb-Reagor-Jeudy. I put Higgins above Viska at 4 and 5, but it was close enough that when presented with a Higgins or Viska decision in my 3rd dyno draft already having 2 Higgins shares and no Viska I went off bored and picked him. I just wasn't all excited about him this year cause Jags - figured he'd be at best a late 2020 and more likely 2021 play.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 22,173.84
I pulled the trigger and dropped Cousins for Minshew. I like the next 5 games for Minshew and will stream him with Stafford.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 22,374.65
mikeraphon wrote:I pulled the trigger and dropped Cousins for Minshew. I like the next 5 games for Minshew and will stream him with Stafford.

I noticed this schedule trend too.....Debating who to drop likely one of my rookie WR prospects (Edwards or Jefferson), leaning Jefferson due to Edwards solidly in starting lineup.....could be crazy but all that camp hype couldn't be totally wrong?

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. ~Mark Twain
Great White Shark
Gardner Minshew II -- schedule

Looks pretty good until Playoffs!

Week 1 vs IND - 23.82
Week 2 @TEN
Week 3 vs MIA
Week 4 @ CIN
Week 5 @ HOU
Week 6 vs DET
Week 7 BYE
Week 8 @ LAC
Week 9 vs HOU
Week 10 @ GB
Week 11 vs PIT
Week 12 vs CLE
Week 13 @ MIN
Week 14 vs TEN
Week 15 @ BAL
Week 16 vs CHI

QB: Russ/Tanny / RB: Jones, Davis, Ahmed, Hines, Williams, Booker, Gaskin(IR), Aiyuk (IR)
--
Sand$: 41,038.37
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 81,072.90
This would be a great story. Better than Brady and Warner . I hope he is a starter in the league for awhile.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 126,860.54
I play in a 2 QB league and he is still available. I think I will try to go after him this week.

2016-17 Hardwood Sharks Champion
2016 LOT Roman League Champ
2016 In Your Face $ League Champion
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 81,072.90
SnakeStabler wrote:I play in a 2 QB league and he is still available. I think I will try to go after him this week.

Wow , 2 Qb league?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 126,860.54
rugger48 wrote:
SnakeStabler wrote:I play in a 2 QB league and he is still available. I think I will try to go after him this week.

Wow , 2 Qb league?

Yeah. I have Russell Wilson and Trubisky right now. I think I am going to drop Trubisky for him.

2016-17 Hardwood Sharks Champion
2016 LOT Roman League Champ
2016 In Your Face $ League Champion
2015 $harktooth League Champion
2015 In Your Face $ League Champion
Great White Shark
I’ve seen enough, I am going to spend some Faab to get him in 1qb league to back up Big Ben. Week 3 v Phins

--