MINSHEW MANIA - Brace Yourselves

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 314,391.15
Mad_Puppy wrote:Time to kill this thread.....Minshew looked so aweful on national TV, the Jags are already making plans for the #1 pick in the 2021 Draft......

They were making those plans before the season started

Image Image

Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,238.92
Budmonsan wrote:
Mad_Puppy wrote:Time to kill this thread.....Minshew looked so aweful on national TV, the Jags are already making plans for the #1 pick in the 2021 Draft......

They were making those plans before the season started

Perhaps, but I don't know if it's that's cut and dry.

A lot of the moves they made that made people assume they were tanking looks a lot better now that we've seen how well James Robinson and Josh Jones have played.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,946.00
1 QB leagues... I’m cutting bait on Minshew. TNF showed me a scary low floor in what should have been a plus matchup.

QB: Russ/Tanny / RB: Jones, Davis, Ahmed, Hines, Williams, Booker, Gaskin(IR), Aiyuk (IR)
WR: Dvnte, AJBrown, ARob, Tee / Fant, Gdrt / Lutz / MIN
--
QB: Herb RB: DCook, Jacbs, Mattsn, Booker
WR: Ridley, DK, JJeff, Gllday / Jonnu / Carlson / LAR,CHI
Sand$: 41,037.17
Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said he plans to make changes coming out of the team's Week 8 bye.
"I'm going to look at some things, I want to go a little outside the box," said Marrone. "I'm going to go after it and however it falls, it falls, but it's open for me. I've done crazy [stuff] before." ESPN's Michael DiRocco believes benching Gardner Minshew "certainly could be on the table." The Jaguars are winless in six straight games and desperate for a spark. Jake Luton — who threw for 2,714 yards with a 28:3 TD/INT ratio at Oregon State last year — could potentially take over for Minshew after Jacksonville's bye.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,233.02
endzoneview wrote:
Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said he plans to make changes coming out of the team's Week 8 bye.
"I'm going to look at some things, I want to go a little outside the box," said Marrone. "I'm going to go after it and however it falls, it falls, but it's open for me. I've done crazy [stuff] before." ESPN's Michael DiRocco believes benching Gardner Minshew "certainly could be on the table." The Jaguars are winless in six straight games and desperate for a spark. Jake Luton — who threw for 2,714 yards with a 28:3 TD/INT ratio at Oregon State last year — could potentially take over for Minshew after Jacksonville's bye.

Curious how many wins gets an entry into the Trevor lottery? 0? 1? 2?

Currently 13 teams are 2 wins or less and only about 6 of them wouldn't take Trevor (Texans, Giants?, Vikings?, Bengals, LAC, PHI?).

Of course those teams that wouldn't take Trevor have a good chance of winning games and getting pushed out anyway.

Teams that would take Trevor are obviously: NYJ, ATL (trade off matty ice), JAX, DAL (jerruh gets his white QB), WAS, DEN, NEP

Only reason Jets probably haven't fired Adam Gase is he has the best chance for a perfect season.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 2,277.46
I get why Jacksonville would bench Minshew.

He's not great but he can show flashes and those flashes are going to potentially run the risk of
- getting wins they don't want
and
- the availability for a narrative to be built that he's an answer when they feel like he's not.
jnadke wrote:
endzoneview wrote:

Curious how many wins gets an entry into the Trevor lottery? 0? 1? 2?

Currently 13 teams are 2 wins or less and only about 6 of them wouldn't take Trevor (Texans, Giants?, Vikings?, Bengals, LAC, PHI?).

Of course those teams that wouldn't take Trevor have a good chance of winning games and getting pushed out anyway.

Teams that would take Trevor are obviously: NYJ, ATL (trade off matty ice), JAX, DAL (jerruh gets his white QB), WAS, DEN, NEP

Only reason Jets probably haven't fired Adam Gase is he has the best chance for a perfect season.

The Jets Re-Build thread is doubling as my Tank for Trevor thread every Monday

endzoneview wrote:
endzoneview wrote:updated 2021 draft order because this is all I hope for now -

PICK TEAM RECORD SOS
1. NY Jets 0-7 .590
2 NY Giants 1-6 .533
3. Jacksonville 1-6 .565
4. Atlanta 1-6 .574
5 HoustonMIA 1-6 .589
6. Minnesota 1-5
7. Cincinatti 1-5-1

Jets "leading" the way with 0 wins but there are 7! one win teams close behind.

Jets remaining schedule -

WEEK 8 @KC - forfeit
WEEK 9 V NE - loss
BYE - loss
WEEK 11 @SDC - loss, could beat this team at home but not traveling West
WEEK 12 V MIAMI - likely loss but I'm still going to count this as winnable because I don't see Miami as a playoff contender
WEEK 13 V OAK - winnable
WEEK 14 @SEA - loss
WEEK 15 @LAR - back to back road games out West, both losses
WEEK 16 V CLE - winnable
WEEK 17 @ NEP - winnable only because Belichick will probably throw this game to make sure the Jets don't get Lawrence

remaining schedule - 4 winnable, 5 guaranteed losses

of the 'winnable', at most they win 2. At worst, they win none.

Updated draft order above -

no change on the ROS predictions although the Patriots may be inching closer to the "winnable" category.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 880.34
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Gardner Minshew is dealing with multiple fractures and a strained ligament in this right thumb.
The coaching staff reportedly didn't know Minshew had been dealing with his injuries since Week 5 against Houston. As it stands, he's currently uncertain for Jacksonville's Week 9 home contest when the team returns from its bye. Veteran Mike Glennon was the active backup against the Chargers, but it makes sense the organization would promote sixth-round rookie Jake Luton for evaluation reps at 1-6. It's something to monitor at next week's practices.

Wonder if Marrone did know something, but they are pretending they did not as he is making plans for changes
Marrone did say he was going to think outside the box when making changes
Great White Shark
Sand$: 880.34
Feels odd to me that the team did not know he has been dealing with a thumb injury for a few weeks, and "discover" it during their bye week just after Marrone announced he will be making some outside the box changes.

I don't think it is wrong that they are thinking about how to shake things up, but now benching Minshew becomes a medical necessity rather than a coaching decision to evaluate other players. I could be reading more into this than is there, but seems like a good way to try a QB change without any blame if it doesn't go well because now they have to.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,259.16
If I’m in a deep 2QB league, I would consider rostering Jake Luton.

I watched him play a lot at Oregon State, and he actually reminds me a lot of another former Beavers QB, Derek Anderson. Probably a bit more athletic than Anderson, but similar in that he has an absolute cannon, is wildly inaccurate at times, and will probably have at least a few weeks of fantasy success before defenses figure him out. Might be worth a FA flyer depending on your situation.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 81,072.90
Didn’t Marrone say changes were going to happen because things change and he was outside the box during change
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,084.52
SJSwarm wrote:If I’m in a deep 2QB league, I would consider rostering Jake Luton.

I watched him play a lot at Oregon State, and he actually reminds me a lot of another former Beavers QB, Derek Anderson. Probably a bit more athletic than Anderson, but similar in that he has an absolute cannon, is wildly inaccurate at times, and will probably have at least a few weeks of fantasy success before defenses figure him out. Might be worth a FA flyer depending on your situation.

just picked him up yesterday in my superflex dynasty...worth a shot.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,986.90
SJSwarm wrote:If I’m in a deep 2QB league, I would consider rostering Jake Luton.

Sounds like an old Josh Allen evaluation

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,986.90
At least Luton will have some time to practice with 1st team before week 9..

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo