Week 2 - TNF - Bengals vs Browns

Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,302.78
Pratt and Bynes looked horrible because of all the blowing up the o line did against that Div II d line.
Hard to flow and fill when your constantly getting a guard in your face.
Not trying to defend the average LBs here, but that dline got obliterated.
Bad line play and a ton of pulls/traps makes for a long LB day.

2019 Divine Comedy Champion
Master of Snowflakes Tour
Tiger Shark
Sand$: 330.82
bunnywafer wrote:
jesteva wrote:Burrows is the real deal.

Let's see if CIN can build a team, specifically bolstering the offensive line the next few years.

If so, he can be an elite QB.

AJ Green looks like a shell of what he was. Right now, not sure what hes worth in redrafts much less dynos

Agree Boroughs ( :wink: ) is the real deal. I can't get over how poised he is already. Yes he's making some dumb rookie mistakes, but obviously his OLine is no help, and his receivers are letting him down too. He made some very pretty throws last night that were placed where only his WR could catch them, and they SHOULD have caught them (lookin' at you AJG) but they just didn't.

I also love his combination of mobility and passing. He's mobile enough to escape some pressure and keep plays alive, as well as pick up yardage with his legs, but he's almost always keeping his eyes downfield to make a pass. If anything, there are a few times where he should maybe just commit to running earlier, but still.... personally I prefer a running QB who's always still looking to pass...

I'm not used to seeing the Bengals march up and down the field instead of going 3 and out almost every drive. I didn't see the game last week but of course heard about how it ended. For the Bengals to actually mount some kind of real late game comeback is also pretty astounding. And they even did so last night as well, had the on sides kick gone the other way....

I do think that AJ probably got shook up on a hit he took early in the game. Also remember he has played something like 9 games in 2 years. He's probably pretty rusty. Or he could be disintegrating....only time will tell.

The OLine is as covered previously, total garbage. And our defense is pretty crappy too. Pratt and Bynes looked awful.

Our return game is looking nice though!

As for the run game... yeah they probably shoulda fed Mixon more.... I feel like, wasn't CLE D pretty good against the run last year though, or am I imagining things?

It’s easy to see why they let go of Dalton though this kid is ready for primetime

Patrick M/Big Ben
Mike Davis/Gus Edwards/White/Henderson
Hopkins/Juju/Gage/
Cole/Lazard/Crowder
Ertz
Tucker
Steelers D
Great White Shark
Sand$: 3,968.74
Is it time to drop Ross in dynasties? I’m still holding but I can’t much longer at this rate
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 120,505.48
zuggyawesome wrote:I’m out on Mayfield.

220 yards and 2TDs against the bungles D means I will never have any confidence in starting him in any matchup.

Took me a while to come to jesus here

Do you expect the Browns to be playing multiple scores ahead with this D most weeks?
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,782.70
OarChambo wrote:

220 yards and 2TDs against the bungles D means I will never have any confidence in starting him in any matchup.

Do you expect the Browns to be playing multiple scores ahead with this D most weeks?

Hopefully we will never see that assortment of replacement players again. That was ugly. I REALLY hope that they will get the full roster healthy moving forward, or Baker may be slinging it 61 times like BrrrOhs.

Darnit, Oar, let me enjoy this one until Sunday. :Drink)

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 120,505.48
I think you can both enjoy it and embrace reality. We at the very least need those corners healthy. Anything beyond them would be great, but this defense clearly can't function without them.
Megalodon
This sounds encouraging, anyway:

“It is nice to have this weekend here and get these extra days of rehab. They are all progressing. They are all moving in the right direction. Do I know that they are all going to play? I really don’t know at this point, but I think they are all heading in the right direction.”

Among those Stefanski was referring were the four inactive from Thursday night who did not play due to injuries. CB Greedy Williams, LB Mack Wilson and CB Kevin Johnson could all at least return to practice next week. So could DE Olivier Vernon, who missed the Bengals game with an abdominal injury. Right tackle Jack Conklin was active for the game but did not play due to an ankle injury that left him as a limited participant all week.

I am hoping the extra time will get this unit much closer to 100%. Johnson got tons of love in camp and Greedy was supposed to be a stud cover corner, which is hard to do in street cloths.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,352.92
jdferguson07 wrote:Is it time to drop Ross in dynasties? I’m still holding but I can’t much longer at this rate

i thinks it time to move on,dudes like 5th or 6th in targets now
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,352.92
drew sample could be a very nice low end te 1 going forward,i can see him avg 5-7 targets a game,their oline stinks and can't get run yds and cicny will always be playing from behind,i like burrow as a low end qb1 going forward too
Megalodon
Sand$: 39,027.38
jdferguson07 wrote:Is it time to drop Ross in dynasties? I’m still holding but I can’t much longer at this rate

Dynasty? Probably not yet, but you should be very concerned that he only saw two targets on a night when the Bengals threw the ball 60 times.

Redraft, yes, dump him until injuries change his opportunity to be a relevant part of the offense.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,464.42
hard 10 wrote:

Dynasty? Probably not yet, but you should be very concerned that he only saw two targets on a night when the Bengals threw the ball 60 times.

Redraft, yes, dump him until injuries change his opportunity to be a relevant part of the offense.

Seems like Higgins has taken the #3 role there now.

still waiting for my antifa paycheck. do they do direct deposit now?
Megalodon
Higgins and Boyd look like the WRs to own in Cincy, along with Mixon and BrrrOhs.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,197.46
OarChambo wrote:

My concern here is that he still threw an INT in this type of game.

I dont think the Browns are going to trust him to throw the ball much

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 915.12
Is Mixon going to be a 2-down back all season? He has been a disappointment through 2 games, and Bernard seems to be the guy when the Bengals are passing.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 81,052.52

You had this kid as tge greatest thing since sliced bread , your not going to give him some time in a new offense in a season like this? I mean I don’t think he is a superstar , but seems like your bailing a little early here..