Steelers WRs

Post Reply  
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 29277
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006
Sand$: 49,558.15
10ball wrote:Diontae Johnson is a complete pain in the azz to own in fantasy


Steeler receivers are the historical WR equivalent of NE Patriot running backs.

Good luck in figuring out which one to play each week.
User avatar
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 915
Joined: Mon Sep 1, 2008
Sand$: 2,016.24
jesteva wrote:Steeler receivers are the historical WR equivalent of NE Patriot running backs.

Bingo. AB was one of the few exceptions.
_______________________________________

QB: Herbert, Mayfield   RB: A.Jones, Chubb, Mostert, J.Williams  WR: Parker, Lockett, Patrick, Lazard, Higgins
TE: Kelce, Tonyan  IDP: D.White  K: Gay  DST: PIT   12-team,redraft+1kp,non-ppr,start10:QB,1-3RB,2-4WR,1-3TE,1DP,K,DST
Megalodon
Posts: 10805
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006
Sand$: 23,227.28
Steelers WR still had scraps because the offense was and still is proficient.
I’m talking about his blow up on bench vs start and get injured.
My weeks started - 3 points
My weeks on bench - 63 points
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 26118
Joined: Sat Nov 5, 2005
Sand$: 69,415.82
Juju did outscore Diontae, but the difference was minor at least. I still don't know who to start on a weekly basis :(
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 59874
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 122,405.48
Cyguy84 wrote:Juju did outscore Diontae, but the difference was minor at least. I still don't know who to start on a weekly basis :(

If Diontae Johnson does not get injured in the first quarter then he is the play. The problem is he is just 3-6 in accomplishing that objective.
User avatar
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 915
Joined: Mon Sep 1, 2008
Sand$: 2,016.24
The Steelers have four WRs of roughly the same (very good) skill level. Nobody stands out above the rest. Awesome if you're a fan of the team, but terrible from a fantasy perspective.
_______________________________________

QB: Herbert, Mayfield   RB: A.Jones, Chubb, Mostert, J.Williams  WR: Parker, Lockett, Patrick, Lazard, Higgins
TE: Kelce, Tonyan  IDP: D.White  K: Gay  DST: PIT   12-team,redraft+1kp,non-ppr,start10:QB,1-3RB,2-4WR,1-3TE,1DP,K,DST
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 4814
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009
Sand$: 8,429.12
10ball wrote:Steelers WR still had scraps because the offense was and still is proficient.
I’m talking about his blow up on bench vs start and get injured.
My weeks started - 3 points
My weeks on bench - 63 points


OUCH.. No man's land of decision making
_______________________________________

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 26118
Joined: Sat Nov 5, 2005
Sand$: 69,415.82
OarChambo wrote:
Cyguy84 wrote:Juju did outscore Diontae, but the difference was minor at least. I still don't know who to start on a weekly basis :(

If Diontae Johnson does not get injured in the first quarter then he is the play. The problem is he is just 3-6 in accomplishing that objective.


Ah, I didn't realize he was injured yesterday. I now see reports that he left for half of the 1st quarter with a hamstring injury. While it mentioned he didn't appear hobbled, that is one of those injuries that can get infinitely worse if you push it, so I assume PIT used him as a decoy and never forced him to get up to top speed.

So on the season, he's suffered from a concussion in Week 3, a back injury in week 4, an ankle/toe injury in Week 7, and then the hamstring injury in Week 8.

Unfortunate, for sure. I'm not sure whether I'll start him again until he proves himself injury-free, but I could see him going off at any time.
Whale Shark
Posts: 1007
Joined: Mon Oct 4, 2010
Sand$: 3,172.88
10ball wrote:Diontae Johnson is a complete pain in the azz to own in fantasy

Exactly, every time he blows up I sit him, every dud I start him. Ticking me off
_______________________________________

2017 & 2018 BDC points champion
2020 BDC Champion
Great White Shark
Posts: 4480
Joined: Sun Oct 7, 2012
Sand$: 23,131.70
allen3388 wrote:
10ball wrote:Diontae Johnson is a complete pain in the azz to own in fantasy

Exactly, every time he blows up I sit him, every dud I start him. Ticking me off


And the worst part is this isn't even because of his play or role! Just random rump injuries that happen early on in the game.
_______________________________________

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 34799
Joined: Mon Sep 6, 2004
Sand$: 43,971.06
Chase Claypool posthype sleeper baby

Hope everyone bought low after his one (very) bad week.
_______________________________________

I'm a dude.
User avatar
HammerHead Shark
Posts: 915
Joined: Mon Sep 1, 2008
Sand$: 2,016.24
FantasyHussy wrote:Chase Claypool posthype sleeper baby

Hope everyone bought low after his one (very) bad week.

JuJu having a good game like he did this past week is good for the other WRs. Teams will realize that they still need to cover JuJu with their best corner, and the other WRs should have an easier time getting open. It's worth a shot trying to snag Claypool.
_______________________________________

QB: Herbert, Mayfield   RB: A.Jones, Chubb, Mostert, J.Williams  WR: Parker, Lockett, Patrick, Lazard, Higgins
TE: Kelce, Tonyan  IDP: D.White  K: Gay  DST: PIT   12-team,redraft+1kp,non-ppr,start10:QB,1-3RB,2-4WR,1-3TE,1DP,K,DST
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 6971
Joined: Wed Sep 7, 2011
Sand$: 12,195.02
I'm debating about starting Claypool over Marquise. Talk me out of it in standard?
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 34799
Joined: Mon Sep 6, 2004
Sand$: 43,971.06
NautArch wrote:I'm debating about starting Claypool over Marquise. Talk me out of it in standard?


Claypool over Brown seems like the right decision to make until Hollywood gets more involved.
_______________________________________

I'm a dude.
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 1981
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010
Sand$: 4,097.48
I can see PIT putting up 30 points in 3 quarters vs. this awful Cowboys team and then resting Big Ben


I assume Claypool should get in on the fun in this one.