Steelers WRs

Great White Shark
Sand$: 22,681.92
Griffimo wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:
Griffimo wrote:Update

Claypool is the WR1 in Pittsburgh?

I think he is. Kind of a 1a, 1b with him and Diontae but NFL defenses are setting their best corners on him.

agreed.

I'm also to the point of just starting all 3 of them knowing you're gonna have a bust game from 1 or 2 of them.

oh, I'm definitely at that point. Big Ben's one lucky mofo to have these receivers to throw to.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 68,988.78
I just don't get what happened to Juju.

Or why I was dumb enough to drop Claypool for Lazard.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,016.24
zuggyawesome wrote:oh, I'm definitely at that point. Big Ben's one lucky mofo to have these receivers to throw to.

Reminds me of the "Young Money" days when the Steelers had Emmanuel Sanders, Antonio Brown, and Mike Wallace.

QB: Herbert, Mayfield   RB: A.Jones, Chubb, Mostert, J.Williams  WR: Parker, Lockett, Patrick, Lazard, Higgins
TE: Kelce, Tonyan  IDP: D.White  K: Gay  DST: PIT   12-team,redraft+1kp,non-ppr,start10:QB,1-3RB,2-4WR,1-3TE,1DP,K,DST
Great White Shark
Cyguy84 wrote:I just don't get what happened to Juju.

Or why I was dumb enough to drop Claypool for Lazard.

Juju's fine. PIT's defense isn't a sieve anymore which limits the overall passing volume of the offense and while AB was obviously better than Diontae and Claypool right now, either of those guys are significantly better than rookie James Washington.

So less overall volume + a wider net of target distribution = the disappointment that is JuJu.

I'm fairly optimistic he could still make a resurgence next year on a different team. Perhaps GB?

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,419.39
Ideally, Roethlisberger plays out the final year of his contract in 2021, let's PIT know it's his last year which buys them another year to find his replacement....and it benefits the young WRs they have from a fantasy perspective.

Looking at their cap situation and the potential overall cap getting smaller, I don't know how they can afford to keep JuJu. I agree that GB is a nice fit, depending on their cap situation but it's also possible a team with cap space signs him....Miami? JAX or NYJ will also be players in signing FAs.

2020 House Of Bourbon
2020 Deep Black
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,097.48
Why did the PIT run game die all of a sudden?
Great White Shark
Sand$: 37,687.16
Tacks652 wrote:Why did the PIT run game die all of a sudden?

because the passing game is much more efficient for them right now.

52 States - 13 Justices - $15 Minimum Wage
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,852.86
I'm honestly pretty bummed I missed Claypool in all my rookie drafts. Especially when I prioritized Bryan Edwards ahead of him :?

I'm a dude.
Supreme Megalodon
Griffimo wrote:

because the passing game is much more efficient for them right now.

That but the reason for that is a function of the fact that their O Line just isnt as good at run blocking as it has in the past and while an average to above average starting RB, James C isnt good enough to create yards on his own at or behind the line of scrimmage vs being much better at it once he gets to the second level.

No doubt they are scheming to pass first to set up whatever they can get when they run the ball conventionally and using gadgets like Claypool.

2020 House Of Bourbon
2020 Deep Black
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,016.24

Given the strong wind gusts at the beginning of the game, Cincy decided to take away the run and let Pittsburgh try to beat them with the pass. They were rushing with 5 and sometimes even 6 people.

QB: Herbert, Mayfield   RB: A.Jones, Chubb, Mostert, J.Williams  WR: Parker, Lockett, Patrick, Lazard, Higgins
TE: Kelce, Tonyan  IDP: D.White  K: Gay  DST: PIT   12-team,redraft+1kp,non-ppr,start10:QB,1-3RB,2-4WR,1-3TE,1DP,K,DST
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 74,737.60
jesteva wrote:Ideally, Roethlisberger plays out the final year of his contract in 2021, let's PIT know it's his last year which buys them another year to find his replacement....and it benefits the young WRs they have from a fantasy perspective.

Looking at their cap situation and the potential overall cap getting smaller, I don't know how they can afford to keep JuJu. I agree that GB is a nice fit, depending on their cap situation but it's also possible a team with cap space signs him....Miami? JAX or NYJ will also be players in signing FAs.

I think both the Steelers snd ben knows he’s playing. He has a 40 million cap hit next year, I don’t see him retiring with that waiting for tge Steelers.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 316,927.61
If the Steelers win the super bowl, I could see him going out in top. If not, he’ll come back for one more shot. I also don’t see juju sticking around

Image Image

Great White Shark
Sand$: 37,687.16

52 States - 13 Justices - $15 Minimum Wage
Supreme Megalodon
rugger48 wrote:I think both the Steelers snd ben knows he’s playing. He has a 40 million cap hit next year, I don’t see him retiring with that waiting for tge Steelers.

Agree. He retires, they still have a dead cap hit around $20M....the Colts are still getting cap hit for Andrew Luck this year.

2020 House Of Bourbon
2020 Deep Black
Great White Shark
FantasyHussy wrote:I'm honestly pretty bummed I missed Claypool in all my rookie drafts. Especially when I prioritized Bryan Edwards ahead of him :?

You're not alone there my friend :lol:

I don't think I saw Claypool go over Edwards in any of my drafts.

In retrospect.. he probably should've if you're drafting on pure talent. He got pushed down because people believed in Juju and Diontae, and the fact that his analytical profile had bust written all over it. This has been a bad year all around for the analytics crowd. Using hindsight, he was still a 2nd round pick by the Steelers who have perhaps the best track record when it comes to drafting WRs.

I still think Edwards is going to be a baller, but Claypool has been a revelation. Not sure what he did this off-season.. but he looks far more nimble than he did in college.