Steelers WRs

Great White Shark
Sand$: 22,941.12
You're killing me Oar :lol:

You're on the side of data, which is fine. I often err on this side, as well.. but the NFL isn't a solved equation that can be solely predicted by data.

I'm leaning on what I see, the Steelers decision to give him that massive target share, and NFL defenses decision to put their #1 CB on him (I mean.. if these are bad targets, why not encourage more of them by putting their lesser CB on him??)

Neither of these arguments are conclusive, which is something you don't want to admit because you're so confident that that niche subset of data you're referencing is conclusive evidence that targets are better spent elsewhere. Diontae's numbers in comparison to other Low ADoT contemporaries does not mean he belongs in the same conversation as them. 1) It's a very limited sample size. 2) His target share dwarfs a bunch of those receivers shrinking the relative sample size even further... Those numbers tell a story, but it's far from conclusive.. which is a reality you refuse to admit.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 121,998.00
I'm not on the side of data. I'm on the side of information. Whether it can be quantified or not...

zuggyawesome wrote:I'm leaning on what I see, the Steelers decision to give him that massive target share, and NFL defenses decision to put their #1 CB on him (I mean.. if these are bad targets, why not encourage more of them by putting their lesser CB on him??)

Neither of these arguments are conclusive, which is something you don't want to admit because you're so confident that that niche subset of data you're referencing is conclusive evidence that targets are better spent elsewhere. Diontae's numbers in comparison to other Low ADoT contemporaries does not mean he belongs in the same conversation as them. 1) It's a very limited sample size. 2) His target share dwarfs a bunch of those receivers shrinking the relative sample size even further... Those numbers tell a story, but it's far from conclusive.. which is a reality you refuse to admit.

...cause I don't necessarily disagree with a lot of this.

This is a year 2 player. The story has not been written on him. The starting point has been established, but where he goes from here is yet to be determined. Something needing changed December 13th is where you and I are not close, but I'm not pessimistic about his long term prognosis. Not yet anyway.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 37,824.40
Megalodon
Sand$: 39,266.22
Elmagister wrote:
Yes, Steelers receivers have had some ugly drops — Diontae Johnson and Eric Ebron, in particular — but the solution is more complicated than “They need to catch the ball better or else!”

That threat is pretty hollow, anyway. Will Tomlin really sit a player as talented as Johnson (easily the team’s best route runner) or Ebron (a matchup problem for defenses) because they drop a catchable pass every now and then? Would Steelers fans prefer the days of Ryan Switzer never getting open but catching everything thrown his way? Didn’t think so.

I mean, there's a happy medium in there. And their drops haven't just been now and then. It's been persistent. In the end, he may not be able to bench them long term, but what that means is an early playoff exit. It's a problem.

The Bengals are a great matchup this week and it's reasonable to expect Johnson to post something close to his stats from week 10 (6 catches, 111, 1 TD), but the big concern for fantasy teams is just how quick is the hook?
This should be an easy victory even without him (and potentially without Conner), so it's easier to send a message when it's not likely to hurt their chances at a W.
If Johnson drops one in the first quarter this week, does he go back to the bench for the rest of the night?

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 49,912.07
He's doing a Diontae Johnson impersonation....

2020 House Of Bourbon
2020 Deep Black
2020 Last Call
Great White Shark
Sand$: 46,510.44
james washington is emerging and he catches everything thrown at him,already surpassed claypool in the pecking order and has looked really good last few games despite limited targets
Megalodon
Sand$: 54,088.30
In our IBL league I forgot to swap out Claypool for Aiyuk each of the last 2 weeks. #-o ](*,)
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,927.60
I am interested to see where JuJu goes this off-season. The talent is there. But I can see him securing the bag and chilling out. I can also see him blowing up in the right place.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
Great White Shark
Sand$: 37,824.40