Sand$: 45,794.50
Elmagister wrote:
Unrelated:

Kyle Van Noy murdered him.

I prefer this one. A little payback
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1309319359484039170?s=20
Great White Shark
Sand$: 880.34
I thought that was Thompson getting run over on that block, not Robinson. It was on a 3rd and 5.
Great White Shark
FutBol wrote:I thought that was Thompson getting run over on that block, not Robinson. It was on a 3rd and 5.

It does look more like #34 than #30
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,095.08
when i first saw it i thought it was thompson based on size...but i didnt watch the game. Just the highlights

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 36,672.54
hankrip wrote:
FutBol wrote:I thought that was Thompson getting run over on that block, not Robinson. It was on a 3rd and 5.

It does. It's OK. It was still a good truck, and maybe it means Robinson will be in on passing downs more.
Megalodon
Sand$: 39,057.66
Elmagister wrote:
hankrip wrote:

It does. It's OK. It was still a good truck, and maybe it means Robinson will be in on passing downs more.

He was the primary runner all over the field and at the goalline, and he caught six balls and picked up yards after the catch on them. I.e., they clearly feel comfortable with him as a receiver. Do we really care if Thompson is in to block on third downs?

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Supreme Megalodon
hard 10 wrote:He was the primary runner all over the field and at the goalline, and he caught six balls and picked up yards after the catch on them. I.e., they clearly feel comfortable with him as a receiver. Do we really care if Thompson is in to block on third downs?

It wasn't just third downs. When they were attempting to come back Robinson was off the field for large stretches. He was replaced by Thompson. He came in at the goal line. So yeah, I care about his usage. He won't always perform on just 30 snaps.
Megalodon
Elmagister wrote:
hard 10 wrote:He was the primary runner all over the field and at the goalline, and he caught six balls and picked up yards after the catch on them. I.e., they clearly feel comfortable with him as a receiver. Do we really care if Thompson is in to block on third downs?

It wasn't just third downs. When they were attempting to come back Robinson was off the field for large stretches. He was replaced by Thompson. He came in at the goal line. So yeah, I care about his usage.

I oversimplified. Sure, it matters if game situations regularly force him to the sideline, but I don't expect them to be down 3 TDs for half the game most weeks, and seeing him get virtually all the carries and serve as a frequent and effective target when he is on the field in passing situations should alleviate any concerns about him losing opportunities to score fantasy points.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Supreme Megalodon
You're still oversimplifying. Nobody is screaming abandon ship. We ARE recognizing that he's giving up snaps to another back and still doesn't have a high floor.
Great White Shark
Elmagister wrote:You're still oversimplifying. Nobody is screaming abandon ship. We ARE recognizing that he's giving up snaps to another back and still doesn't have a high floor.

I’d say his floor is what we’ve seen the first 3 weeks. They have been down early in every game and have only led for 2 minutes in 180 minutes of play.

Just imagine if they ever got got a lead for a majority of a game.
Megalodon
Elmagister wrote:You're still oversimplifying. Nobody is screaming abandon ship. We ARE recognizing that he's giving up snaps to another back and still doesn't have a high floor.

I don't see it as a problem. Robinson was playing his third game in the league, after being forced into a bigger than expected role due to injuries, and he was replaced late in a blowout loss by a veteran RB who was brought in specifically to play that role.
I thought he played well in passing situations (I didn't see any big mistakes), and is likely to take a little more of the work that went to Thompson last night as the season goes on. The floor looks like 15+ touches for an average offense that will probably play a lot of close games.

-Mike McD, Rounders
Megalodon
Sand$: 53,487.56
hankrip wrote:

I’d say his floor is what we’ve seen the first 3 weeks. They have been down early in every game and have only led for 2 minutes in 180 minutes of play.

Did anyone else think Thompson clearly looked like the better receiving option when they were playing catch-up? I wonder if they'll use Robinson in a 3-down role or have Thompson more involved. It seemed like the Jags didn't bother using Thompson until they were in pure catch-up mode. But, who knows, this team is horrible.
Supreme Megalodon
hankrip wrote:

Fair. Week one is a good floor for him. But that's my point. That's not a great floor.
Mako Shark
Sand$: 1,007.34
Jcb890 wrote:
hankrip wrote:

Did anyone else think Thompson clearly looked like the better receiving option when they were playing catch-up? I wonder if they'll use Robinson in a 3-down role or have Thompson more involved. It seemed like the Jags didn't bother using Thompson until they were in pure catch-up mode. But, who knows, this team is horrible.

I personally didn’t see Thompson do much of anything besides catch a few passes when the defense was playing it safe. Robinson was breaking tackles and getting extra yardage all night both in carries and catches
Chum
Sand$: 117.10
Elmagister wrote:
hankrip wrote:

Fair. Week one is a good floor for him. But that's my point. That's not a great floor.[/quote]

are you saying that's not a good enough point total floor to be considered for a good rb?

In my league that is 9.5 points for Robinson.
so far through 2 games:
Mixon low 6.6
Jacobs low 12.0
Chubb low 5.1
Edwards Helaire low 10.0
Ekeler low 9.2
Drake low 10.5
Hunt low 10.1

Given the difference between this years low (floor), what kind of back are you looking for to pick up from waivers???
Last edited by blzbub on Fri 09.25.2020, 12:24, edited 1 time in total.