Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,852.86
Hyperbole? For now. But allow me to muddy the waters with a case:

Saquon is 23 with multiple devastating knee injuries.
McCaffrey is 24
Kamara, Elliott, A. Jones and Cook are 25
Nick Chubb is a one-dimensional bellcow.
Jury's out on Miles Sanders, who I still like a lot.
Josh Jacobs upside is capped based on his usage.
CEH? Weak athletic profile, in an offense that doesn't prioritize RBs anymore in the way people think.
Taylor? Great athletic profile, currently experiencing a rough rookie season.
JK Dobbins? Great athletic profile, but I think we need to recalibrate expectations for any RB playing alongside a dual-threat QB who vultures touches/doesn't dump the ball off for receptions.
Akers? No.

D'Andre Swift is the rare combination of great athletic profile, bellcow size (215 lbs), plays with a statue at QB (PPR gold), an improving Oline, and he is now consolidating his opportunity share in a decent offense.

He's devastating as both a runner and a receiver. He's 21 years old. He's D'Andre Swift, and he is your Dynasty RB1.

Hail.
Last edited by FantasyHussy on Mon 11.16.2020, 12:53, edited 1 time in total.

I'm a dude.
Sand$: 40,589.95
I don't know why but I will hold the Lions long history of RB dynasty teases against Swift.

It makes no sense that I will do that, but I will.

But great post.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 1.82
I don't agree that Chubb is one dimensional. Hunt is just the better receiver.
Supreme Megalodon
Elmagister wrote:I don't agree that Chubb is one dimensional. Hunt is just the better receiver.

That's fair. But he's nearing the end of his rookie deal, and we have multiple years of evidence that confirms he isn't a priority in the teams passing game.

I still think he'll be a fine RB1 in dynasty for the next 2-3 years, but I wouldn't sell him for D'Andre Swift even if the other owner threw in a 1st rounder. Swift has a range of outcomes that exceeds Chubb and most other RBs.

I'm a dude.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,311.87
I'd take CMC, Kamara then Barkley.

Barkley rehabbed his knee before undergoing surgery in order to accelerate his post surgery recovery.

Given his youth and prior dedication to working out, hes a good bet to fully recover much like AP did from an ACL...I seem to remember AP came back the next year to lead the league in rushing and win NFL MVP.

DET running backs get downgraded until they prove otherwise

2020 House Of Bourbon
2020 Deep Black
Supreme Megalodon
endzoneview wrote:I don't know why but I will hold the Lions long history of RB dynasty teases against Swift.

But great post.

Kevin Jones died so D'Andre Swift could fly.

I'm a dude.
Sand$: 40,589.95
FantasyHussy wrote:
endzoneview wrote:I don't know why but I will hold the Lions long history of RB dynasty teases against Swift.

But great post.

Kevin Jones died so D'Andre Swift could fly.

:lol:
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,208.20
Swift would be my first RB off the board in a dynasty..pretty easily for me.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 83,744.76
it's a rational argument. the more chances he gets, the more he shows that he's special. seems like there were multiple glimpses of great things to come in yesterday's game. regardless of the the change in GM/HC, the core of the OL looks to be intact for the near future. stafford shows no signs of decline yet.

that said, jesteva is right: DET running backs get downgraded until they prove otherwise

my homerism has resulted in my denial of the above far too many times in this fickle game.

also, count me in the "chubb is much more dynamic than how he's used" camp.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount St. Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Megalodon
Sand$: 10,167.16
I think people overvalue the word dynasty when it comes to rankings. I'm more of a whathaveyoudoneformelately vs a whatcanyoudoformeoveracareer. Redraft vs Keeper vs Dynasty: the goal is still to win a championship that given year. Sure, I might tick RBs in the age 28+ range a bit lower than others with potential...but anyone in the 21-25 range is pretty much even steven for the next couple years

Regardless of all that said: it's definitely a fair argument to make. Swift have the 'it' factor by eyesight...and will end up being a top 10 RB in next season's rankings across any format. But I'd be hard-pressed to take him #1 over proven guys like Kamara, CMC, Cook...guys that all have top 5 potential for the next 3yrs. Format is also key: non-PPR and guys like Chubb and D.Henry get bumped up into that 6-8 range
Supreme Megalodon
Renegade wrote:I think people overvalue the word dynasty when it comes to rankings. I'm more of a whathaveyoudoneformelately vs a whatcanyoudoformeoveracareer. Redraft vs Keeper vs Dynasty: the goal is still to win a championship that given year. Sure, I might tick RBs in the age 28+ range a bit lower than others with potential...but anyone in the 21-25 range is pretty much even steven for the next couple years

Regardless of all that said: it's definitely a fair argument to make. Swift have the 'it' factor by eyesight...and will end up being a top 10 RB in next season's rankings across any format. But I'd be hard-pressed to take him #1 over proven guys like Kamara, CMC, Cook...guys that all have top 5 potential for the next 3yrs. Format is also key: non-PPR and guys like Chubb and D.Henry get bumped up into that 6-8 range

I agree with pretty much all of this. Immediacy still matters more than any perceived future value, and Kamara/CMC/Cook all project to be league winner for another year or two at least. But there's definitely an opening for a struggling to maybe sell one of the above for Swift+other pieces, and feel pretty about their decision.

But I have nothing to root for as a Lions fan and I have chosen to anoint Swift as the best RB ever. Let me have this.

I'm a dude.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 74,662.02
wondering what the lions will look like next year? Seems like they are headed for a rebuild .
Last edited by rugger48 on Mon 11.16.2020, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,208.20
FantasyHussy wrote:
Renegade wrote:I think people overvalue the word dynasty when it comes to rankings. I'm more of a whathaveyoudoneformelately vs a whatcanyoudoformeoveracareer. Redraft vs Keeper vs Dynasty: the goal is still to win a championship that given year. Sure, I might tick RBs in the age 28+ range a bit lower than others with potential...but anyone in the 21-25 range is pretty much even steven for the next couple years

I agree with pretty much all of this. Immediacy still matters more than any perceived future value, and Kamara/CMC/Cook all project to be league winner for another year or two at least. But there's definitely an opening for a struggling to maybe sell one of the above for Swift+other pieces, and feel pretty about their decision.

But I have nothing to root for as a Lions fan and I have chosen to anoint Swift as the best RB ever. Let me have this.

i think it's hard to ask for guys like Kamara, zeke , cmc and cook to do it for 3 more years...after all the touches they have had. I'm all about TRYING to flip my stars for picks and stock up on younger talent. Especially at RB

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,311.87
I'd be selling Zeke in Dynos... DAL is a train wreck waiting to happen and hes as likely to regain his production from a year or two ago as he is to be the Grand Marshall in a Fat Tuesday parade.

Spoken as a Zeke dyno owner contemplating selling him right now.

2020 House Of Bourbon
2020 Deep Black
Supreme Megalodon
Yeah, I'd like to sell Zeke, but I'll have to wait until Dak is healthy and the typical Cowboys hype train takes off again next year. Whatever I sell him for now would a serious discount for the other owner.

I'm a dude.