The 2021 NFL Draft Thread

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 122,372.30
rugger48 wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:It would also be interesting to see if there have been any all pro level OT's with short T Rex arms like Slater. Personally I think Slater should move to guard.

Brian Buluga is first bane that comes to mind.

I'm more of a marvel type
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,223.08
:lol:
Megalodon
Sand$: 6,223.25

Guards:
1. AVT
2. Dickerson
3. Jalen Mayfield
4. Leatherwood
5. Wyatt Davis

Centers:
1. Creed Humphrey
2. Quinn Meinerz
3. Josh Myers
4. Kendrick Green
5. Michal Menet

Meinzerz getting quite the bump since the Senior Bowl.

Twitter :@Adenchiz
Sand$: 42,195.13
Kaleb.09 wrote:

Guards:
1. AVT
2. Dickerson
3. Jalen Mayfield
4. Leatherwood
5. Wyatt Davis

Centers:
1. Creed Humphrey
2. Quinn Meinerz
3. Josh Myers
4. Kendrick Green
5. Michal Menet

probably why we are seeing this -

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports the Jaguars are shopping LG Andrew Norwell.
CBS' Jason La Canfora reports the Giants are shopping RG Kevin Zeitler.
Raiders release OG Gabe Jackson
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 27,418.48
Meh, I think even if the cap was $200M people would rather pay an OL rookie scale than pay an underperforming vet lots of money. Historically, top college OL's translate to the pro game better than probably any other position in year one. There is no 3rd year OG leap LOL. This is a super deep class of OL's, and none of the names that are being dumped are more than middle of the pack performers.

2019 Sharks with Big Sticks Champion
2019 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion
SJSwarm wrote:This is a super deep class of OL's, and none of the names that are being dumped are more than middle of the pack performers.

right
Megalodon
Sand$: 54,419.02
SJSwarm wrote:Meh, I think even if the cap was $200M people would rather pay an OL rookie scale than pay an underperforming vet lots of money. Historically, top college OL's translate to the pro game better than probably any other position in year one. There is no 3rd year OG leap LOL. This is a super deep class of OL's, and none of the names that are being dumped are more than middle of the pack performers.
This is what the Patriots generally do. Every once in a while they'll pay an interior lineman top-tier money, but they're just as liable to let that top-rated player walk and bring in a rookie (or multiple). I'm betting they'll be letting Thuney walk after Franchise Tagging him last year.
Generally, it has seemed to work out, but I wouldn't say interior OL guys are interchangeable like RB's. Without a good C and Guards, the O-Line gets wrecked easily.
Supreme Megalodon
Not interchangeable, but if you have a middle of the road performer making $5-$10M a year, it is a no brainer to replace them with a stud rookie who will make rookie scale. I'm not saying replace them with 6th round guys and try to coach them up (IE the Seattle way of creating an OL), but there will be starting caliber lineman all the way to the end of round 3 this year.

endzoneview wrote:
Kaleb.09 wrote:

Guards:
1. AVT
2. Dickerson
3. Jalen Mayfield
4. Leatherwood
5. Wyatt Davis

Centers:
1. Creed Humphrey
2. Quinn Meinerz
3. Josh Myers
4. Kendrick Green
5. Michal Menet

probably why we are seeing this -

CBS' Jason La Canfora reports the Jaguars are shopping LG Andrew Norwell.
CBS' Jason La Canfora reports the Giants are shopping RG Kevin Zeitler.
Raiders release OG Gabe Jackson

going to add another G to the list
Supreme Megalodon
Chargers are going OL in round one I believe. Unless Pitts magically falls to them.

Saw a mock today with them taking AVT and moving him to tackle.

Megalodon
Sand$: 54,419.02
SJSwarm wrote:Not interchangeable, but if you have a middle of the road performer making $5-$10M a year, it is a no brainer to replace them with a stud rookie who will make rookie scale. I'm not saying replace them with 6th round guys and try to coach them up (IE the Seattle way of creating an OL), but there will be starting caliber lineman all the way to the end of round 3 this year.
100% agree, but for interior OL it seems that way a lot of years. Perhaps because it's not necessarily a premium position like OT, DE, CB, WR, QB. Or, maybe it just seems that way to me?
The top two trade down opportunities are the Jets at 2 and the Dolphins at 3. I’d suggest it would be a complete failure by the Dolphins if they are unable to trade down. That spot is 100% likely to trade out/up.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 49,544.15
Wouldn't be the end of the world if they take Sewell.

Arguably, on paper hes as good at his position and projects just as much as Lawrence does at QB

Complete failure....Jeez. :lol:
ok, well not a complete failure as they'll get a 10 year starter if they don't trade, I just see this as a massive opportunity to get one of the QB desperate teams to overpay - Carolina or Denver. Flipping with the Falcons would also be a no brainer move for either the Dolphins or Jets and should definitely happen.
Megalodon
Sand$: 25,273.76
My issue with either team taking Sewell is that they can both get a starting LT with their next pick this year.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.