The 2021 NFL Draft Thread

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 122,389.06
zuggyawesome wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:Is Sewell not a Joe Thomas level prospect? Feels like that's a guy I'd value quite highly over tackles that are expected to be established starters

Well, yeah. But are you as the owner of a top 10 pick going to spend the draft capital necessary to go up and get him? Top 10 draft pick trade comp's that aren't QB's are rare, but the Bills gave up two #1's to move up 4 spots for Sammy Watkins.

Given that LT is probably the 3rd most valued position in football (based on contracts dealt) I could see an O-line needy team trading up for him (like CIN).

Lots of reasons the teams Joe Thomas was on sucked, but lack of talent around him was certainly one of them. Giving up an additional starter to get Sewell when you can draft an adequate starting tackle a round later is a bad idea.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,131.70
OarChambo wrote:Lots of reasons the teams Joe Thomas was on sucked, but lack of talent around him was certainly one of them. Giving up an additional starter to get Sewell when you can draft an adequate starting tackle a round later is a bad idea.

Granted, a HoF LT isn't going to get you to the Superbowl.. but they're obviously valuable assets. CIN is littered with talent at QB, WR, RB they don't need another weapon, they need someone that will protect Burrow and open up running lanes for Joe Mixon.
If your goal is to help the offense, I'd rather go for the sure bet that is Sewell over a 2nd round OT prospect with an historical 30% chance of busting outright.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
zuggyawesome wrote:
OarChambo wrote:Lots of reasons the teams Joe Thomas was on sucked, but lack of talent around him was certainly one of them. Giving up an additional starter to get Sewell when you can draft an adequate starting tackle a round later is a bad idea.

Granted, a HoF LT isn't going to get you to the Superbowl.. but they're obviously valuable assets. CIN is littered with talent at QB, WR, RB they don't need another weapon, they need someone that will protect Burrow and open up running lanes for Joe Mixon.
If your goal is to help the offense, I'd rather go for the sure bet that is Sewell over a 2nd round OT prospect with an historical 30% chance of busting outright.

History matters, but its application to the current is paramount.

OarChambo wrote:If the below is true and it's for good reasons then I think trading up for Sewell is a bad idea.

If he falls? Great. If he doesn't? Starting caliber tackles will be available later. Don't use multiple bullets on one. Use one of them on an alternative and the others that would be used on Sewell to improve other areas of the team.

If this tackle class really is that strong and Sewell doesn't fall then keep your 2022 #1, pick someone else #5, and pick an OT at the top of round 2.
Megalodon
Sand$: 6,225.85
Dane Brugler's top 100 draft board is out

1. Trevor Lawrence, QB1, Clemson (6-6, 220)

2. Penei Sewell, OT1, Oregon (6-6, 330)

3. Ja’Marr Chase, WR1, LSU (6-0, 210)

4. Zach Wilson, QB2, BYU (6-2, 212)

5. Kyle Pitts, TE1, Florida (6-6, 240)

6. Rashawn Slater, OT2, Northwestern (6-4, 308)

Twitter :@Adenchiz
Sand$: 42,195.13
we all know mock drafts are worthless (besides the one we do here of course)

but had to share this -

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremia ... on-to-jets

Sewell is not the first OT off the board. In fact, he slips to the Cowboys.

I kind of stopped looking at it after that to be honest.
Supreme Megalodon
Jeremiah has been foaming at the mouth over Slater for a while.
Great White Shark
endzoneview wrote:we all know mock drafts are worthless (besides the one we do here of course)

but had to share this -

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremia ... on-to-jets

Sewell is not the first OT off the board. In fact, he slips to the Cowboys.

I kind of stopped looking at it after that to be honest.

He's the scout that tells the Raiders to draft Clelin Ferrell over Josh Allen. :lol:

I do agree that we'll have 4 QBs go top 10, though.

Supreme Megalodon
zuggyawesome wrote:He's the scout that tells the Raiders to draft Clelin Ferrell over Josh Allen. :lol:

I think it's important we disregard that sorta low effort content in this forum. We all have been wrong in the past and will be wrong again in the future.
Great White Shark
OarChambo wrote:
zuggyawesome wrote:He's the scout that tells the Raiders to draft Clelin Ferrell over Josh Allen. :lol:

I think it's important we disregard that sorta low effort content in this forum. We all have been wrong in the past and will be wrong again in the future.

I have no idea if he actually touted Ferrell over Allen. Allen was by consensus a no-brainer top 5 talent that the Raiders chose to bypass for a guy they were high on... which would be similar to selecting Slater over Sewell, imo.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,254.50
Josh allen?
Great White Shark
rugger48 wrote:Josh allen?

EDGE Jaguars

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,254.50
zuggyawesome wrote: