Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,873.08
Since many of us are done with the 2020 fantasy season, and many of us are in dynasty leagues, let’s start talking about the 2021 NFL Draft!

Anyone have any flag plant players? Under the radar guys?

Mine isn’t very under the radar after the last couple weeks, but my guy Jaret Patterson is en fuego right now. Most pundits will rank Najee Harris (who I also love) and Travis Etienne (who I think is Gio Bernard at best) well above Patterson, so even with all the recent press I think Patterson could be one of the steals of the draft.

I’ll also plant my flag on the following: Trey Lance and Zach Wilson will both be better in the NFL than Justin Fields.

And the Bengals are taking Sewell.

Discuss.

#FIREGRUDEN
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 122,227.80
Wilson, I get - but I don't understand the appeal with Lance. Sell me.

I hope Buffalo gets a legit bowl game. The MAC is a lot worse than they usually are and especially on defense. It's provided some mid-week pandemic infused entertainment, but it is not good football. I'd love to see what Patterson is capable of against meaningful competition.
Supreme Megalodon
Lance, to me, is exactly what the NFL is looking for in a QB these days. Super accurate, mobile, athletic, has a little bit of a gunslinger mentality to him. Can he make the leap competition wise? Time will tell.

I am concerned about the long layoff. Not playing for an entire year is not good, I don’t care who you are.

Really, I think Lance and Wilson are very similar. I’d say Lance is a little more accurate (tall Kyler?), Wilson is a little more Brett Favre-ish and will just chuck it sometimes.

And yeah, the leap in competition and the landing spot will be everything for Patterson. I will weep openly if he lands somewhere with an established stud back as a backup, like Tennessee or New Orleans.
Last edited by SJSwarm on Mon 12.07.2020, 14:15, edited 1 time in total.

#FIREGRUDEN
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,025.24
I mean, it's not a bold call or anything, but I think Ja'marr Chase will be a Destroyer of Worlds. If Justin Jefferson is having one of the best rookie WR seasons ever, I can only imagine what he might do.

I'm a dude.
Supreme Megalodon
FantasyHussy wrote:I mean, it's not a bold call or anything, but I think Ja'marr Chase will be a Destroyer of Worlds. If Justin Jefferson is having one of the best rookie WR seasons ever, I can only imagine what he might do.

I love Chase. I am a big Devonta Smith fan too. Wildly different players, but I think both will be stars in the NFL.

#FIREGRUDEN
Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,973.44
Teams with QB interest (in draft order):
Jets?
Jaguars
Cowboys
Falcons? (probably dumb to move on from Matt Ryan, but a pick this high they could do it)
Broncos? (if Drew Lock plays well enough they're probably out and total house-cleaning next year... probably OL pick here)
WFT?
Bears
Patriots?
Colts (probably re-signs Rivers)
Steelers? (Ben retires if SB win?)

with free agents:
Dak Prescott
Matt Ryan (if Falcons take a QB)
Cam Newton?
Ryan Fitzmagic (I don't see him re-signing after the way Miami played him -- that last game was his audition for next year)

Took Panthers out because Bridgewater has a decently hefty contract, but as their pick spot goes up they could re-enter.
Last edited by jnadke on Mon 12.07.2020, 14:29, edited 1 time in total.
Supreme Megalodon
SJSwarm wrote:
FantasyHussy wrote:I mean, it's not a bold call or anything, but I think Ja'marr Chase will be a Destroyer of Worlds. If Justin Jefferson is having one of the best rookie WR seasons ever, I can only imagine what he might do.

I love Chase. I am a big Devonta Smith fan too. Wildly different players, but I think both will be stars in the NFL.

I should apologize in advance to whoever is the first one that references size concerns with Devonta. I don't think I'm going to be nice about it.
Supreme Megalodon
jnadke wrote:Teams with QB interest (in draft order):
Jets?
Jaguars
Cowboys
Falcons? (probably dumb to move on from Matt Ryan, but a pick this high they could do it)
Broncos? (if Drew Lock plays well enough they're probably out and total house-cleaning next year... probably OL pick here)
WFT?
Bears
Patriots?

with free agents:
Dak Prescott
Cam Newton?
Ryan Fitzmagic (I don't see him re-signing after the way Miami played him -- that last game was his audition for next year)

This is a good subject, but probably one best for another thread. The only thing more exhausting than this March's QB carousel will be the February rumor mill in front of it.
Supreme Megalodon

It'll take a very compelling argument for anyone else to be the 1.1 in dyno rookie drafts.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,973.44
OarChambo wrote:
Jets?
Jaguars
Cowboys
WFT?
Bears
Patriots?

with free agents:
Dak Prescott
Cam Newton?

This is a good subject, but probably one best for another thread. The only thing more exhausting than this March's QB carousel will be the February rumor mill in front of it.

Yeah, this isn't meant to be a discussion per se, just adding up the numbers to see if all the QBs discussed here are even 1st round picks.

It's widely accepted QB in the NFL is important, the later teams have a lot of free agency stuff to go through for all the musical chairs to finish.

But I'm guessing 4-5 QBs go off the board.

Not enough QBs to fill all the holes and some key franchise QBs are nearing retirement. Teams might panic.
Last edited by jnadke on Mon 12.07.2020, 14:35, edited 1 time in total.
Supreme Megalodon
OarChambo wrote:
SJSwarm wrote:

I should apologize in advance to whoever is the first one that references size concerns with Devonta. I don't think I'm going to be nice about it.

Devonta is a BALLER. I was all of the sad emojis when he got sniped from me in the Premier college draft.

#FIREGRUDEN
Great White Shark
Sand$: 13,746.04
Jets?
Jaguars
Cowboys
WFT?
Bears
Patriots?

with free agents:
Dak Prescott
Cam Newton?

Dalton is a FA next year too. If he closes out the season decent he might get a shot at starting somewhere next year. Could be a good bridge guy for a team that drafts a QB but doesn't want to start him right away...

I'm a dudette. Image
Supreme Megalodon
OarChambo wrote:

It'll take a very compelling argument for anyone else to be the 1.1 in dyno rookie drafts.

Agreed. Chase is going to be amazing for at least 10 years.

#FIREGRUDEN
Megalodon
Sand$: 39,281.44
bunnywafer wrote:
Jets?
Jaguars
Cowboys
WFT?
Bears
Patriots?

with free agents:
Dak Prescott
Cam Newton?

Dalton is a FA next year too. If he closes out the season decent he might get a shot at starting somewhere next year. Could be a good bridge guy for a team that drafts a QB but doesn't want to start him right away...

Crap. I forgot about Dalton. He's going to end up in Chicago, leading another strong defense to an 8-8 season.

Stupid Bears.

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."
-Mike McD, Rounders
Sand$: 41,046.83
hard 10 wrote:
Crap. I forgot about Dalton. He's going to end up in Chicago, leading another strong defense to an 8-8 season.

Stupid Bears.

:lol: