Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,946.82
After loading up last year, who's realistically in the market for a 1st round receiver?

Miami Dolphins (not happening with the #3 so it'd have to be the #18, unless they trade down the #3 if Sewell isn't there)
Carolina Panthers
NY Giants
WFT
Chicago Bears (depending how FA shakes out... maybe)
Tennessee Titans (if Corey leaves in FA)
LA Rams
TB Buccaneers (depending FA)
Green Bay Packers (stupid Funchess deal is going to make signing their FAs hard so they need to reload)

The bolded teams are the only ones I could see actually doing it.

The others would depend on how FA pans out, but they have other needs and could easily take a WR in the 2nd/3rd.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 122,140.12
FantasyHussy wrote:Random musing that may/may not be controversial:

Waddle>Smith

Higher ceiling, more uncertainty, and as a result much wider variance. His traits are night-and-day vs Smith (and Jeudy/Ruggs), but he's not just a traits player either. When he's been given opportunities he's flourished, but until this season he was used in a limited and decoy manner. And I don't think it's as simple as saying there's too many mouths to feed. The timing of his injury was unfortunate because he appeared to be in the process of breaking out. Because of it we're left asking ourselves if that 4 game stretch was the lid being lifted or just a high point in a player's career arc full of peaks and valleys.

I think he's a safer bet than the other high variance WR brought up earlier this month (Rondale Moore), but where exactly he falls above him I'm not so sure.
Supreme Megalodon
jnadke wrote:After loading up last year, who's realistically in the market for a 1st round receiver?

A lot more teams than you listed. Just because a team is in good shape at the position does not mean they should bypass a superior WR prospect for a next level player at a position that appears to be of need. That's something that should be addressed in March then come April if presented with an option to improve upon an existing strength then jump on it.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 19,946.82
OarChambo wrote:
jnadke wrote:After loading up last year, who's realistically in the market for a 1st round receiver?

A lot more teams than you listed. Just because a team is in good shape at the position does not mean they should bypass a superior WR prospect for a next level player at a position that appears to be of need. That's something that should be addressed in March then come April if presented with an option to improve upon an existing strength then jump on it.

Oh I agree, a blue-chip player is a blue-chip player no matter what and you take him if he's there.

DeVonta and Chase go top 10 and someone will trade up for them.

But with 4-5 QBs possibly going in the draft this year that's going to change the draft dynamics a bit.

If 3 QBs go Top 5 along with Sewell there's simply not enough room for 2 WRs to go Top 5 as well. This is not a 2 WR Top 5 draft.

But I could see Bengals or Lions taking a WR.
Supreme Megalodon
I think what will happen between picks 2 and about 15-20 this year will be especially chaotic.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 49,215.91
Philly needs WRs too, even with last years draft taken into consideration

2020 House of Bourbon Champion
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 83,703.12
the lions have quintez cephus and chipped beef currently under contract at WR going into 2021 week 1.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount St. Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Megalodon
Sand$: 6,135.47
Ravens need a wr1 but don't exactly have the money to afford one in FA, so they will most likely draft 1 in the first round (that or a center)

Twitter :@Adenchiz
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,756.88
Very few teams have 3 WR talents.. and a lot of teams run a ton of 3 WR sets.

So most of the NFL is not going to pass up a difference making WR regardless of if they have an established #1

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Megalodon
Sand$: 23,247.66
OarChambo wrote:

Chiefs
Who do they have besides Hill after Watkins is gone next season?
Supreme Megalodon
Toss Mecole on that roster too.

Megalodon
Sand$: 23,247.66
Mecole has a trust issue
His lack of awareness and sometimes him looking completely lost has drawn the ire of Mahomes
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 26,774.56
jnadke wrote:

If the Bengals don’t move up for Sewell, or all hell breaks loose and Sewell falls to them, they should take Chase or Pitts without hesitation.

I saw a mock recently that had them taking Slater, and that would be a colossal mistake.

#FIREGRUDEN
Supreme Megalodon
10ball wrote:Mecole has a trust issue
His lack of awareness and sometimes him looking completely lost has drawn the ire of Mahomes

Fair.

His production in his first two years as the 3rd or 4th option in KC are pretty sporty and if there is anything to that 3rd year WR jump....

Supreme Megalodon
SJSwarm wrote:
jnadke wrote:

If the Bengals don’t move up for Sewell, or all hell breaks loose and Sewell falls to them, they should take Chase or Pitts without hesitation.

I saw a mock recently that had them taking Slater, and that would be a colossal mistake.

If the below is true and it's for good reasons then I think trading up for Sewell is a bad idea.

If he falls? Great. If he doesn't? Starting caliber tackles will be available later. Don't use multiple bullets on one. Use one of them on an alternative and the others that would be used on Sewell to improve other areas of the team.