Sand$: 42,202.29
had to reference George Plimpton and also mention Matthew Stafford because that's where the conversation is going to turn regardless.

Lions have requested interviews with Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy, 49ers defensive coordinator Robert Saleh, Saints tight end coach Dan Campbell, and Titans offensive coordinator Arthur Smith to fill the team's head coaching vacancy.

Are the Lions hiring a coach before a GM?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,971.06
I've become ambivalent about that sort of thing. I know it's widely accepted now that the proper decorum is to pick a GM>GM picks the coach...but really, if you have any faith in your org leadership at all (I dont, btw), they should make both decisions.

Anyways, I'm hoping for Bieniemy or Smith.

I'm a dude.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 84,462.52
public statements say they're going into this process with wide open eyes and intend to let the process organically play out. they're not fixated on necessarily hiring one or the other first. those are the public statements.

i think the hiring of spielman for a somewhat unconventional but evolving full time role could be seen as an example of that. dan campbell seems interesting if only in that it'd be somewhat of a homecoming and he's been showing some coaching chops for a few years now. in the end, it'll be the same tire fire in different clothes until proven otherwise.

re: stafford. i hope he stays. i hope he finishes his career as a lion, but that's me being selfish. the best thing that could happen to him would be to get traded to a contender on his team friendly contract and finally have a real chance to make a run at a championship. objectively, there's merit in either decision. just depends on what the vision of the new HC and FO is.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount St. Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Supreme Megalodon
...eat arby's.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 122,405.48
FantasyHussy wrote:I've become ambivalent about that sort of thing. I know it's widely accepted now that the proper decorum is to pick a GM>GM picks the coach...but really, if you have any faith in your org leadership at all (I dont, btw), they should make both decisions.

Anyways, I'm hoping for Bieniemy or Smith.

Worked for the Browns this time last year. Alignment, staying within your role, culture, etc. That's what matters. The means to assemble it within your organization is not a preset formula - nor should it.
"The Lions are planning to interview Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy today, interim coach Darrell Bevell on Tuesday and 49ers DC Robert Saleh on Thursday for their HC position, I'm told. Detroit is expected to interview Titans OC Arthur Smith and Saints AHC Dan Campbell next week" - Albert Breer from yesterday

Marvin Lewis was the first to interview
Supreme Megalodon
there are whispers that smith won't take that interview.

Supreme Megalodon
brad holmes for GM. i don't hate it. can't say i love it. i know better.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 39,721.80
Same with Paton in Denver, won't know if you're happy for a little bit.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 39,721.80
getdownmmmkay wrote:brad holmes for GM. i don't hate it. can't say i love it. i know better.

I like the outside the box thinking
The Rams will also become the first team to receive two third-round compensatory draft picks for Bradley as part of the NFL's new hiring initiatives.
According to multiple reports, the Lions are set to interview Buccaneers defensive coordinator Todd Bowles on Friday.

It will be the team’s first head coaching interview since hiring General Manager Brad Holmes on Thursday. That move could accelerate the process of making a hire, although there may also be second interviews to come if the Lions want Holmes to take part in conversations with candidates.

Former Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis, Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy, Saints assistant head coach/tight ends coach Dan Campbell, and Lions interim head coach Darrell Bevell are the others who have interviewed with the team.

Arthur Smith has a deal in the table with the Falcons. The Lions gig should be the next to be filled. Texans and Eagles after.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 27,438.72
Didn't the Lions interview Jerod Mayo too? Could have sworn I read that somewhere.

#FIREGRUDEN
SJSwarm wrote:Didn't the Lions interview Jerod Mayo too? Could have sworn I read that somewhere.

I think Eagles