Sand$: 42,202.29
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport's "understanding" is the Rams are "expected to have an open competition" at quarterback in training camp next summer, featuring Jared Goff and John Wolford.

Fun!
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 49,558.15
If Stafford doesn't end up in Indy...I won't be pretending.

HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,270.16
Stafford to Niners, says my crystal ball

Blue 14 (casualty)
49ers loyalist
not changing -
Arizona Cardinals - Murray
Baltimore Ravens - Lamar
Buffalo Bills - Josh Allen
Cincinnati Bengals - Burrow
Cleveland Browns - Mayfield
Dallas Cowboys - Dak?
Green Bay Packers - Rodgers
Jacksonville Jaguars - Trevor
Kansas City Chiefs - Mahomes
Los Angeles Chargers - Herbert
Minnesota Vikings - Cousins?
Giants - Jones
Eagles - Wentz/Hurts
Seattle Seahawks - Russ
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - GOAT
Tennessee Titans - Tannehill

"likely" new starters -
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
Chicago Bears
Denver Broncos
Detroit Lions
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Las Vegas Raiders
Los Angeles Rams
Miami Dolphins
New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints
New York Jets
Pittsburgh Steelers
San Francisco 49ers
Washington Football Team

"available" QB's -
Matt Ryan
Bridgewater?
Trubisky
Foles
Lock
Stafford
Watson
Carr
Mariota
Goff?
Tua?
Cam
Winston
Darnold
Jimmy G
Megalodon
Sand$: 25,292.02
Like I said, the earlier crap about only 10 teams keeping their QB was garbage. I personally think the Rams, Falcons and Raiders all stay put.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Supreme Megalodon
I agree 100%...either because their contracts are favorable to their current team and no one wants to part with the likely inflated compensation needed or in the Rams case, no one wants Goff at his contract.

PIT is not going to release Roethlisberger and it's a long shot he retires.

WAS is probably going to ride Alex Smith next year at only $19M in cash and a $24m cap hit and look to draft a QB. They need too much at other positions to give up drsfticks for any non FA QB.
Last edited by jesteva on Fri 01.29.2021, 06:36, edited 1 time in total.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 21,850.08
jesteva wrote:I agree 100%...either because their contracts are favorable to their current team and no one wants to part with the likely inflated compensation needed or in the Rams case, no one wants Goff at his contract.

WAS is probably going to ride Alex Smith next year at only $19M in cash and a $24m cap hit and look to draft a QB. They need too much at other positions to give up drsfticks for any non FA QB.

Yeah, that's what concerns me about these trade rumors and WFT. We'd done pretty darn well in the past couple drafts (imo), but we're letting Kyle Smith (VP Player Personnel) walk this offseason. I'm afraid we'll go back to the big spending FA approach at the expense of building through the draft. I'd much rather throw stupid cash at Dak Prescott (admittedly a pipe dream), than offer a bunch of picks to teams for Watson or Stafford.
Blue Shark
Sand$: 825.66
jesteva wrote:WAS is probably going to ride Alex Smith next year at only $19M in cash and a $24m cap hit and look to draft a QB. They need too much at other positions to give up drsfticks for any non FA QB.

While this is most likely true, don't underestimate douchebag Danny. As much as I hate the guy, he's willing to throw around picks/money like they're nothing. They gave up more than what some of the other guys are speculating in here for Watson on unproven RG3.....

Dream offseason for Football Fans, Danny goes all out/lands Watson only to have the team taken from him as fallout from the NFL's investigation into the sex scandal.

:eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray:
Steelers owner Art Rooney II said there would have to be "significant concessions" for Ben Roethlisberger to be back with the team in 2021.
Roethlisberger's $41.2M cap hit won't work for the Steelers with the reduction in salary cap, Rooney said. It's a loaded statement about a soon-to-be 39-year-old QB who struggled mightily through large parts of the 2020 season. Roethlisberger's adjusted yards per attempt has plummeted over the past couple seasons and he struggled with accuracy at times in 2020, coming off elbow surgery. Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin said "it’s reasonable to assume there is a chance [Ben Roethlisberger] is going to be back, certainly," shortly after the team was embarrassed by the Browns in the Wild Card round. Rooney's statement creates real questions about whether Roethlisberger will give it one last go with Pittsburgh. The Steelers will have to grapple with difficult salary cap decisions in the coming months.

Ben Roethlisberger said he wants to restructure his contract.
"I want to do everything I can and made that very clear to them from the very beginning that it was my idea to basically help the team however I can this year," Roethlisberger said. It puts team owner Art Rooney's Thursday comments in a very different light. Rooney said the Steelers would require "significant concessions" from the veteran if he was going to play another season in Pittsburgh. It seems Roethlisberger -- who has a $41.2 million cap hit in 2021 -- is on board with making the necessary adjustments needed to keep him at the head of the Steelers' offense for at least one more season.

I see we have reached the "negotiating through the media" portion of this potential drama
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,269.00
jesteva wrote:I agree 100%...either because their contracts are favorable to their current team and no one wants to part with the likely inflated compensation needed or in the Rams case, no one wants Goff at his contract.

Pouncey is a retiring, juju is most likely gone , 2 coaches, one of them the oc are leaving. He And pouncey at the end of the game we’re talking awhile, picture of Ben covered in ice bags at practice, late season collapse by the team and Ben.

I don’t see him back.
Megalodon
Sand$: 24,547.64
Off Constantly wrote:Stafford to Niners, says my crystal ball

Please!

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 75,269.00
If Ben stays, the Steelers get worse. Theyre going to need an significant upgrade in the running game to be competitive.
rugger48 wrote:If Ben stays, the Steelers get worse. Theyre going to need an significant upgrade in the running game to be competitive.

agree
Supreme Megalodon
I see we have reached the "negotiating through the media" portion of this potential drama

Before the public Roethlisberger & Rooney comments, he met with Tomlin and GM Kevin Colbert. While I have no doubt no negotiations took place, both sides exchanged rough parameters, if nothing more than we want you back / I'm willing to restructure my contract.

I doubt you'll see any public negotiating by either either side with an end game in Roethlisberger back for 1 year in probably a two year contract allowing them to release him / him retire at the end of 21 spreading whatever cap hit over 2 years, one of which will be totally dead money.

If Ben stays, the Steelers get worse. Theyre going to need an significant upgrade in the running game to be competitive

Yes...but it starts with a line that can't run block anymore....why they may target an O-lineman in the first round and maybe even the 2'nd and look for a RB later in the draft.
HammerHead Shark
Sand$: 2,270.16
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
Off Constantly wrote:Stafford to Niners, says my crystal ball

Please!

Grant Cohn won't shut up about it

Blue 14 (casualty)
49ers loyalist