Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 318,660.23
Off Constantly wrote:
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
Off Constantly wrote:Stafford to Niners, says my crystal ball

Please!

Grant Cohn won't shut up about it

Seems to be the most likely destination for him.

Image Image

Sand$: 42,202.29
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Matt Ryan and Julio Jones are "not going anywhere" this offseason.
The Falcons have the third fewest cap space (-$36.2 million) in the NFL right now, but moving on from Ryan or Jones wouldn't help their situation because of their dead cap numbers. The new coaching staff also probably wants these two around for the next two or so seasons before fully going into the rebuild. Coach Arthur Smith could elevate the Falcons offense if Jones (nine games) can stay healthy and if Ryan avoids falling off a cliff as a 36-year-old. Any speculation that Atlanta is rebuilding in 2021 can be put to bed.
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Eagles have been fielding calls for disgruntled QB Carson Wentz.
Rapoport and Mike Garafolo mention the Colts directly, although there are reportedly "others" inquiring about Wentz, too. This report obviously leaked from Philadelphia's organization since its the only side privy to this type of information. Even so, the Eagles would be stuck with $34 million in dead money if it actually were able to move Wentz. It at least makes sense to pick up the phone and gauge interest for the 28-year-old since Matthew Stafford recently garnered a haul including two future first-round picks. Whether or not GM Howie Roseman actually parts with Wentz remains to be seen.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 84,462.52
that should actually read:

It at least makes sense to pick up the phone and gauge interest for the 28-year-old since the Rams found a partner to offload their overpriced and underperforming quarterback.

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount St. Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Great White Shark
Sand$: 13,105.72
getdownmmmkay wrote:that should actually read:

It at least makes sense to pick up the phone and gauge interest for the 28-year-old since the Rams found a partner to offload their overpriced and underperforming quarterback.

All the more reason why the Colts seem like a reasonable partner if the Eagles do want to move Wentz.

However, it's not going to be the Eagles giving up picks to acquire Jacoby Brisset.
ESPN's Tim McManus reports the Eagles have "already received aggressive offers" for Carson Wentz.
The Eagles have been fielding trade calls for Wentz, with the Colts showing the most interest. It's not a surprise given Wentz's ties to Frank Reich, but Philly's asking price — they reportedly want "significant compensation" for Wentz — is going to make any deal difficult coming off a season where Wentz played like one of the worst quarterbacks in the league. The Eagles would need a first-round pick to justify taking the $30 million dead cap hit to trade Wentz. Even with Doug Pederson fired, Wentz has made it clear he wants out of Philly.

I'm still finding it hard to believe that any team other than Reich and the Colts are in on Wentz.

Seems like this report is coming from the Eagles hoping to get the Colts to up their current offer.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 27,438.72
I could see the Pats getting involved.

#FIREGRUDEN
Great White Shark
Sand$: 23,131.70
A lot of coaches think they're the smartest guys in the room.

The "Talent" Wentz posses + his 2017 success are going to create some suitors for him even with his contract. Assuming he gives them adequate QB play (and no one is trading for him if they don't believe he will) his contract isn't that bad because the Eagles will eat up a chunk of it.

Some zig when others zag. I zug.
Supreme Megalodon
SJSwarm wrote:I could see the Pats getting involved.

You don’t see garapolo going back?

Image Image

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 27,438.72
Budmonsan wrote:

A lot of moving parts, but sure that is something I can see happening.

Hearing that dumber teams like Chicago are getting involved on Wentz, and the Pats will be looking for bargains. They could easily sit and wait on the draft and see who is dumping their incumbent after they pick a top QB.

#FIREGRUDEN
Supreme Megalodon
SJSwarm wrote:
Budmonsan wrote:

A lot of moving parts, but sure that is something I can see happening.

Hearing that dumber teams like Chicago are getting involved on Wentz, and the Pats will be looking for bargains. They could easily sit and wait on the draft and see who is dumping their incumbent after they pick a top QB.

I saw a mock last night that had Fields slipping to the Pats. I don’t think it’s gonna happen but you never know. No one thought Rodgers would fall to the pack.

Image Image

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Panthers offered Detroit Teddy Bridgewater, the No. 8 pick, and a fifth-round pick for QB Matthew Stafford.
Schefter also added that the Lions tried to acquire Aaron Donald from the Rams but LA quickly took that option off the table. The Panthers' serious offer makes it obvious that they're in the market for a new quarterback. It also seems like they view themselves as a win-now team despite going 5-11 last year. Unless they can find someone else willing to move on from their quarterback, the Panthers are likely eying a passer with the No. 8 pick. Whoever they take may not be their first choice but it's clear that Bridgewater is not in this team's future.
Supreme Megalodon
Bridgewater is not the answer. Wonder if they get in on either wentz or Watson

Image Image