2022 NFL Combine/NFL Draft Thread

Post Reply  
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 36130
Joined: Tue May 18, 2004
Sand$: 31,632.46
Now that the Super Bowl is over, it is officially #draftSZN

As to not clog the Dynasty Rookie Draft thread with discussion of non fantasy relevant players, I created this thread.

Want to discuss your team's preferred strategy, who you like best out of the OL class, how many reps Jordan Davis does at the combine, or other non fantasy football related draft items? This is the thread for you :thumbright:
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 13792
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010
Sand$: 96,956.76
Obvious needs for the Browns right now are WR and DE, but that can all change thru FA. May need to address the OT positions, depending on Jack's progress.

Somebody is going to get a helluva WR in WanDale Robinson. He's a stud.
_______________________________________

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 36130
Joined: Tue May 18, 2004
Sand$: 31,632.46
As a Raiders fan, I am hoping the new regime adopts the successful methods of Patriots drafting and starts in the trenches. Based on where we pick, Penning is my guy.

If Linderbaum or Jordan Davis magically fell to us, I won’t be mad at that. :lol:
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 13792
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010
Sand$: 96,956.76
Linderbaum may be the surest thing in this draft. He looks like a 10- year all pro that somebody like the Steelers will use to anchor their lines of the future.
_______________________________________

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 40316
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006
Sand$: 88,312.16
The only thing I'll give quinntricia credit for is drafting some good OL while they were here dismantling the rest of the roster. Sewell was the final piece.

The loins need to go DE or Hamilton at 1.02. We'll see how things shake out, but BPA has been the telegraphed strategy so far. At 32 and 34, I'd like to see WR and LB personally.
_______________________________________

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount St. Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 58322
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 125,654.22
bluemist wrote:Obvious needs for the Browns right now are WR and DE, but that can all change thru FA. May need to address the OT positions, depending on Jack's progress.

Somebody is going to get a helluva WR in WanDale Robinson. He's a stud.

Position isn't as valuable, but DT is as big of a hole as WR. If we knew this group's 2023 priorities then I think the 2022 picture would be clearer, but since we don't it's clear as mud. Variables exist at every position except for LB and OG.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 58322
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 125,654.22
getdownmmmkay wrote:The only thing I'll give quinntricia credit for is drafting some good OL while they were here dismantling the rest of the roster. Sewell was the final piece.

The loins need to go DE or Hamilton at 1.02. We'll see how things shake out, but BPA has been the telegraphed strategy so far. At 32 and 34, I'd like to see WR and LB personally.

If there is a CB to build a defense around then I think that's your 2nd priority behind EDGE. That'd give you 3 of the 4 foundation pieces in 2 drafts, setting the table for the big one in 2023.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 35250
Joined: Mon Sep 6, 2004
Sand$: 39,729.22
What I've come around on:

Avoiding a draft strategy because it previously backfired (Okudah at 3) is bad process. Stingley has felt like the most coveted player in college for 3 years now. I want him.

There will be excellent pass rushers at the 1/2 turn.
_______________________________________

I'm a dude.

Check out The Apex, Our Shark-infested Superflex IDP Dynasty League: https://www67.myfantasyleague.com/2021/home/54237#0
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 40316
Joined: Sun Jul 30, 2006
Sand$: 88,312.16
There will be rushers at the turn, yes. And I covet Hamilton over all defensive players. Generational safeties are generational.
_______________________________________

House of Purgatory Champion - 2014, 2015

"Don't plant your flag on Mount St. Jackass" - Sean Baligian
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 36130
Joined: Tue May 18, 2004
Sand$: 31,632.46
bluemist wrote:Linderbaum may be the surest thing in this draft. He looks like a 10- year all pro that somebody like the Steelers will use to anchor their lines of the future.



Agreed, I don’t think there is any way he falls out of the top 12-15 picks, but I can dream ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 36130
Joined: Tue May 18, 2004
Sand$: 31,632.46
getdownmmmkay wrote:There will be rushers at the turn, yes. And I covet Hamilton over all defensive players. Generational safeties are generational.



I think all you Big 10 fan Loins fans don’t understand how special KT is, but if the DE you get at the turn is Cameron Thomas, I’d have no problem with y’all going Hamilton/Thomas.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 36130
Joined: Tue May 18, 2004
Sand$: 31,632.46
Hawt taek: Cameron Thomas will be a better NFL player than Hutch.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 35250
Joined: Mon Sep 6, 2004
Sand$: 39,729.22
Thomas is one of the reasons why I want to go non-DE at #2 lol. Monster.
_______________________________________

I'm a dude.

Check out The Apex, Our Shark-infested Superflex IDP Dynasty League: https://www67.myfantasyleague.com/2021/home/54237#0
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 36130
Joined: Tue May 18, 2004
Sand$: 31,632.46
FantasyHussy wrote:Thomas is one of the reasons why I want to go non-DE at #2 lol. Monster.



If he wasn’t an Aztec, he’d be a top 5 pick.

But, “competition level” :lol:

Due to them being ranked and falling into the late west coast slot on ESPN, I watched a fair amount of SDSU this year. This kid is elite.
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 58322
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 125,654.22
SJSwarm wrote:
getdownmmmkay wrote:There will be rushers at the turn, yes. And I covet Hamilton over all defensive players. Generational safeties are generational.



I think all you Big 10 fan Loins fans don’t understand how special KT is, but if the DE you get at the turn is Cameron Thomas, I’d have no problem with y’all going Hamilton/Thomas.

If I'm wrong then c'est la'vie, but I didn't notice anything discernable about KT in comparison to Hutch and Karlaftis. I don't think any of them are Chase Young, Myles Garrett, Nick Bosa, etc caliber. They're all in that next tier. Nothing wrong with that tier, but I think there's a clear line. We'll see if athletic testing proves my eye wrong though.

Assuming it's not then I won't bang the table if the Loins (or another team in the top 8 or so) go CB over EDGE. They're both foundation positions. Can't do it banking on getting a particular EDGE at the top of round 2 though. If they're that good then expect them to go in the back half of round 1.

In order to justify Hamilton over them I think a team needs to convince themselves that the EDGE's and CB's available are not foundation pieces. An A- EDGE/CB is more valuable than an A+ safety in today's game. The one variable that can sway the calculation is who they are in the locker room though.