Probert Dead

Great White Shark
Sand$: 8,055.24
This is sad. He wasn't the greatest citizen at all times but always a respected hockey player.

Originally published Monday, July 5, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Comments (0) E-mail article Print view Share

Retired enforcer Bob Probert dies at 45 | NHL
Retired enforcer Bob Probert, adept with his fists and with a stick in a 16-season career with the Detroit Red Wings and Chicago Blackhawks, died Monday after suffering chest pains while boating with his family. He was 45.

By STEPHEN WILSON
AP Sports Writer
NHL

Probert, 45, had chest pains while boating: Retired enforcer Bob Probert, adept with his fists and with a stick in a 16-season career with the Detroit Red Wings and Chicago Blackhawks, died Monday after suffering chest pains while boating with his family. He was 45.

"Bob lost the fight of his life this afternoon," said Probert's father-in-law, Dan Parkinson, a police officer who performed CPR before Probert was taken to Ontario's Windsor Regional Medical Center.

Probert was on a boat on Lake St. Clair with his wife, children and in-laws when he "developed severe chest pains," family friend Rich Rogow said at a news conference at the medical center.

Probert, a forward who struggled to overcome drinking problems during his time in the NHL, played for the Red Wings from 1985 to 1994 and for the Blackhawks from 1995 to 2002.

"Bob was always there for his teammates and was one of the toughest men to ever play in the NHL," Red Wings owners Mike and Marian Ilitch said in a statement. "He also was one of the kindest, most colorful and beloved players Detroit has ever known."

Windsor, Ontario, native Probert had 384 points (163 goals, 221 assists) in 935 career regular-season games. His 3,300 career penalty minutes rank sixth in league history.

Probert was charged multiple times with driving under the influence while playing for Detroit. He also was caught trying to carry cocaine from Canada into the United States in 1989 and served a six-month sentence in federal prison and a halfway house.

It is impossible to introduce into society a greater change and a greater evil than this: the conversion of the law into an instrument of plunder.
The Law par. L.31
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,269.29
one of the toughest mofos ever to play the game............ had some skillz too.

Follow me on Tumblr http://jd666.tumblr.com
2015 LOT Norse League Champion
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 19,773.66
he was the gateway to old time hockey and was the reason is started following hockey.

currently consulting my FF appraiser/advisor
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,724.18
There are some great videos of him on youtube. I don't know why anybody messed with Yzerman with Probert around.

krazeejb wrote:I went back to my friends house to wash up and I remember his grandmom freaking out but I told her I was ok ... It's about an inch long.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 312,268.49
as a wings fan who was young during his era, this was a sad day. rip bobby!

Image Image

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 0.00
I'm just seeing this. Damn shame.

I heard that the Lark has died on the mountain. If I knew these words were true I would go with a group of men and arms to fetch the Lark's body home.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,870.54
I met Bob a few times. He was a great guy. Don't let his problems with drugs and alcohol overshadow the fact that he would do anything for anyone. He was as tough as nails on the ice but he had a heart of gold off of it.

RIP, Bob the world lost a great one when you left.

Don't do anything in the daytime that'll keep you awake at night.
Megalodon
Sand$: 136,264.91
Reading this right now. Simply written but entertaining.