2010-2011 NCAA Hockey Thread

Megalodon
Sand$: 2.00
und2006 wrote:
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:Figured I'd put this in here instead of the WCHA thread.

MN State-Moorhead is having a press conference tomorrow to announce that they will become the 6th D1 hockey school in the state of Minnesota =D>

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/327082/

Not so much official yet it seems. I like it, I relocated to Fargo so my Sioux are a bit of a trek to see live.

My bad, read it from a poster on another forum who is usually reliable, he made it sound like it was a done deal!

University of Minnesota Golden Gophers

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks
Megalodon
und2006 wrote:
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:The Sioux lose highly touted recruit JT Miller to the OHL.

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=88221

Ouch... why?

Why would you go to Plymouth over UND? Does not compute! Look at the guys who went through UND playing in the pros, now look at the guys who went through Plymouth. Personally if I was the Rangers, I'd want my draft pick playing for the Sioux for a year.

Yeah I don't really get it. If it was the Gophers I would say his NHL team talked to him and wanted him at Plymouth, but I can't imagine an NHL team not wanting their prospect to be a part of the system at UND.

The only thing I can think of is that something happened between him and the coaches/school/future teammates at UND. I am guessing it's a personal issue, and not so much a hockey issue.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks
Megalodon
Sand$: 43,593.64
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:
und2006 wrote:
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:Figured I'd put this in here instead of the WCHA thread.

MN State-Moorhead is having a press conference tomorrow to announce that they will become the 6th D1 hockey school in the state of Minnesota =D>

Not so much official yet it seems. I like it, I relocated to Fargo so my Sioux are a bit of a trek to see live.

My bad, read it from a poster on another forum who is usually reliable, he made it sound like it was a done deal!

This seems to be happening based on what I am hearing around town.

Unfortunately for you... it's not 100% accurate to say it's another Minnesota D1 team. They will be playing in North Dakota at Scheel's Arena.
Megalodon
und2006 wrote:
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:
und2006 wrote:

This seems to be happening based on what I am hearing around town.

Unfortunately for you... it's not 100% accurate to say it's another Minnesota D1 team. They will be playing in North Dakota at Scheel's Arena.

Well, they'll be playing in North Dakota, but the campus is in Minnesota. Which, in my eyes makes it an MN school!

-Herb Brooks
Megalodon
Megalodon

Jeez. This thing needs to go away. Keep it or don't. I wish they would make a final decision, and for people to stop suing each other :lol:

-Herb Brooks
Megalodon
http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/a ... id/212842/

That's all she wrote... game over.

Name and logo to be retired by the end of the year.

Political Correctness claims another victim ](*,)
Megalodon
Even as a gopher fan, I'm disappointed to see the name go.

Although in a way, it kind of symbolizes the beginning of a new era. I am thinking that we will play UND less and less after the conference breaks up, and our rivalry will fade away into a shadow of it's former self...

they should go back the old name. The UND Flickertails :thumbright: :lol:

-Herb Brooks
Megalodon
Sand$: 16,457.00
Dammit.

Image Image
Megalodon
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:Even as a gopher fan, I'm disappointed to see the name go.

Although in a way, it kind of symbolizes the beginning of a new era. I am thinking that we will play UND less and less after the conference breaks up, and our rivalry will fade away into a shadow of it's former self...

UND/DU will be the premier college hockey rivalry in five years... book it. It's been building for the last few years.

There isn't a name out there than people in Grand Forks will be happy with...
Megalodon
und2006 wrote:
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:Even as a gopher fan, I'm disappointed to see the name go.

UND/DU will be the premier college hockey rivalry in five years... book it. It's been building for the last few years.

Hopefully Michigan/Minnesota is right up there with it =D>

-Herb Brooks
Megalodon
und2006 wrote:

It's true. I'm not sure that there was were many better games than the WCHA Championship this year (yay bias!).

The new conference will only build on it.

Image Image
Megalodon
marik7772003 wrote:
und2006 wrote:

It's true. I'm not sure that there was were many better games than the WCHA Championship this year (yay bias!).

What kind of TV coverage is this conference going to get?

-Herb Brooks
Megalodon
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:
marik7772003 wrote:
und2006 wrote:

What kind of TV coverage is this conference going to get?

There's been a lot of talk that I remember about deals with Versus to air games every week. That, and I'd assume that the FSN affiliates would probably continue airing local games as well (I know that FSN in Denver usually has DU games most every week).

Image Image
Megalodon
I'm not looking forward to games on the Big Ten Network :neutral:

Our FSN crew is so much better. I know that the BTN is much better exposure, and that's good for the sport, but I really hope BTN expands their hockey coverage, because the couple Gopher games that were on there in the past were terrible, from a broadcasting standpoint.

-Herb Brooks