25%
Bruins in 7
25%
Canucks in 7
25%

Total votes : 4
Great White Shark
Sand$: 8,780.73
Which rule are you talking about? - there is no rule against hitting a guy from the front who isn't looking; nor is there a rule against hitting a guy up high... in fact shoulder to shoulder is the preferred "strike zone" if you will...... there isn't even a rule against making contact with a guy in the head as long as the hit is otherwise "clean" - meaning you didn't "target" the head, no leading with the elbow, no blindsides etc. The reason Rome got suspended (and deserved to be) was because the hit was VERY late; that's it. If Horton had the puck it isn't even a penalty.

Follow me on Tumblr http://jd666.tumblr.com
2019 LOT “The Resurrected One”
2015 LOT Norse League Champion
Great White Shark
Sand$: 16,170.86
canadianraiderfan wrote:Which rule are you talking about? - there is no rule against hitting a guy from the front who isn't looking; nor is there a rule against hitting a guy up high... in fact shoulder to shoulder is the preferred "strike zone" if you will...... there isn't even a rule against making contact with a guy in the head as long as the hit is otherwise "clean" - meaning you didn't "target" the head, no leading with the elbow, no blindsides etc. The reason Rome got suspended (and deserved to be) was because the hit was VERY late; that's it. If Horton had the puck it isn't even a penalty.

As everyone and yourself are correctly pointing out, it's not the hit itself... it's the timing of it such that he was not the puck handler when it happened. If he was the puck handler, he would have been much more aware of his immediate surroundings and likely able to evade or deflect the incoming hit instead of looking away while changing direction and skating almost right into it. What's heinous is that Rome launched himself at Horton when it was so obvious he could not legally do so, and the most likely reason Horton was not watching Rome was because he had gotten rid of the puck and had no reason to expect that kind of a hit coming his way.

As for the violated rule, the refs got it right...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26348

Rule 56 - Interference.
And rules 56.4 and 56.5.

You don't hit a non-puck handler like that and you don't hit a QB who has already released the ball long before you get to him.

Veritas Odium Parit
Megalodon
Sand$: 2.00
Wow! I thought Vancouver would play a little better tonight.

University of Minnesota Golden Gophers

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks
Great White Shark
And we're all tied up at 2 games apiece. Very nice win tonight. Luongo's got more leaks than a 43-year old Thai prostitute's anus. No way Vancouver can beat us at the Garden. We just have to steal one on the road. Then the Canucks and their fans can go back to complaining and questioning why there's a killer whale? on their jerseys. :lol:

Veritas Odium Parit
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 21,029.46
So this is how it goes down: I watch games 1 and 2, Vancouver wins. I miss games 3 and 4 (don't get vs), Boston trashes Vancouver. I will be seeing the rest of the series. Do the Bs buck the trend and win, or will Vancouver emerge victorious?
Megalodon
Sand$: 28,062.99
I was at the game last night. WOW. The place was electric!!!! As soon as the third goal was scored I said it would get chippier...as time wound down. Sure enough, it did. I think Vancouver started to feel desperate and thought they could man up a bit. Boston didn't let them. Great win for the Bs. I think they should be able to take the next two games now...as long as they play the same way.

On a side note. I was in a suite thanks to a vendor of ours. In the suite was Chris Berman, who I am not a fan of. I think he always sounds horse and has the same dumb lines he had had for 15 years. His schtick is old. BUT....also in the booth was John Saunders, he of Sports Reporters fame. I love that show and he is awesome. I told him, then talked to his buddy about John taking over for Dick Schap when he passed. Totally cool.

stuffedcrust3meat wrote:to all the people we never meet that leave a lasting impression :Drink)
Great White Shark
Sand$: 8,523.10
panachevitz wrote:So this is how it goes down: I watch games 1 and 2, Vancouver wins. I miss games 3 and 4 (don't get vs), Boston trashes Vancouver. I will be seeing the rest of the series. Do the Bs buck the trend and win, or will Vancouver emerge victorious?

This is what it comes down to???? :lol: :lol:

Hey Everyone, we are going into the conference room to hear Doug's strategy as to why he picked four kickers in Fantasy Football....
Great White Shark
honingskills wrote:I was at the game last night. WOW. The place was electric!!!! As soon as the third goal was scored I said it would get chippier...as time wound down. Sure enough, it did. I think Vancouver started to feel desperate and thought they could man up a bit. Boston didn't let them. Great win for the Bs. I think they should be able to take the next two games now...as long as they play the same way.

On a side note. I was in a suite thanks to a vendor of ours. In the suite was Chris Berman, who I am not a fan of. I think he always sounds horse and has the same dumb lines he had had for 15 years. His schtick is old. BUT....also in the booth was John Saunders, he of Sports Reporters fame. I love that show and he is awesome. I told him, then talked to his buddy about John taking over for Dick Schap when he passed. Totally cool.

Who's jealous?

<------This guy.

I can only imagine how much Game 6 tix are going to sell for here. If the average ticket price for game 3 was over $300, and we can win game 5, I can see that price easily doubling.

Sucks that I have to spend the evening painting and won't have a TV around. But will at least have a radio going.

Veritas Odium Parit
Supreme Megalodon
seadog wrote:
panachevitz wrote:So this is how it goes down: I watch games 1 and 2, Vancouver wins. I miss games 3 and 4 (don't get vs), Boston trashes Vancouver. I will be seeing the rest of the series. Do the Bs buck the trend and win, or will Vancouver emerge victorious?

Yup, whether I watch or not.
Megalodon
Sand$: 28,062.99
panachevitz wrote:
seadog wrote:

STOP WATCHING!

stuffedcrust3meat wrote:to all the people we never meet that leave a lasting impression :Drink)
Great White Shark
Sand$: 8,523.10
I think the Bruins were wondering if you were watching or not last night....it was like they lost all their aggressiveness

The Canucks made some great adjustments, but Bs weren't bringing it IMO Good game though

The target on Lapierre just got a little bigger....

Hey Everyone, we are going into the conference room to hear Doug's strategy as to why he picked four kickers in Fantasy Football....
Supreme Megalodon
honingskills wrote:
panachevitz wrote:
seadog wrote:

STOP WATCHING!

Boston does not need another sports championship. I'll be watching Monday for sure. :P
Great White Shark
I missed the first two periods of Friday night's game while we were busy painting, but caught most of the 3rd period. Even with the relative lack of energy I saw, it was still only a 1-0 loss. The Garden is going to be rocking tonight. This series has to go to a game 7. Anything less would be anticlimactic. I just hope I can get home in time to watch the whole thing, and hope I can stay awake for it all.

Veritas Odium Parit
Great White Shark
Sand$: 960.04
DropkickFluties wrote:I missed the first two periods of Friday night's game while we were busy painting, but caught most of the 3rd period. Even with the relative lack of energy I saw, it was still only a 1-0 loss. The Garden is going to be rocking tonight. This series has to go to a game 7. Anything less would be anticlimactic. I just hope I can get home in time to watch the whole thing, and hope I can stay awake for it all.

x2

This has been a very entertaining series to watch.. at least the games i've got to watch. Don't get stupid VS, so missed the blowout games. Home ice has ruled so far. I'm guessing it goes to game 7.
Great White Shark
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! In the dictionary next to the word "awesome" it says -- "See Bruins vs. Vancouver when playing in Boston." This is already a rout only halfway through the 1st period. We'll be in double digit goals by the 3rd period.

Veritas Odium Parit