Burns to SJ for Setoguchi

Megalodon
Sand$: 2.00
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=567110&navid=mod-rr-headlines

I was VERY happy with this deal. As much as I like Burns, I imagine he was asking for a lot of money. He will be missed here, but we essentially got 3 first round picks for him in return!

Setoguchi is the goal scorer we need. A top line with Koivu and Seto is going to be very fun to watch. I think our D will be okay, Scandella and Cuma will have a chance to show what they've got at the NHL level.

Also very excited to get Coyle, he is a stud forward for BU. Now we have 2 of the top college hockey forwards, and not to mention Granlund coming over in 2012-13

I think the future is very bright for the Wild! =D>

University of Minnesota Golden Gophers

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks
Megalodon
And now Heatley for Havlat. The Wild are wheelin' and dealin'! I like it!

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks
Megalodon
Sand$: 12,170.26
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:And now Heatley for Havlat. The Wild are wheelin' and dealin'! I like it!

Hmm :?
Megalodon
OilersNut wrote:
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:And now Heatley for Havlat. The Wild are wheelin' and dealin'! I like it!

Hmm :?

I am surprised SJ made the trade. Trying to see it from a non-objective point of view, but I think it's a win for Minnesota.

Reading the San Jose boards, they like the trade for them, and they seem to think Havlat has world class speed :lol:

I feel like Havlat never really "fit" here. I don't know what it was, but it seemed like he never really reached his full potential. Maybe it's because of who he was playing with (I believe his center was Brodziak most of last year). Maybe if he plays with a guy like Thornton he will score 10 or so more goals next year and the trade will work out for both teams.

I am stoked for the Wild's future, though. I love our top 2 lines, I'm thinking they might look like this: Bouchard-Koivu-Heatley, Latendresse-Cullen-Setoguchi. And with Granlund, Coyle, and Zucker all coming within the next 2 years (speculating that Zucker and Coyle will leave school early).

I can't remember the last time a Minnesota team had this great of an off-season. Drop the puck! =D>

-Herb Brooks
Megalodon
Sand$: 12,170.26
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:I feel like Havlat never really "fit" here.

Probably can say the same for Heatley in SJ, maybe this will make both players better :?
SandShark
Sand$: 122.00
These trades have been great for both teams. I have Burns, Heatley and Havlat on my fantasy hockey team.