Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 20,689.46
Whenever Yahoo remembers that hockey will be played again, I'll reactivate the league. Until then, if you are interested and aren't already in the league, post here.

We start 2 Cs, 4 Ws, 4 Ds, 1 utility, and 2 Gs with 5 bench. If there are more options or new features available, I certainly would like to explore them. Since they reintroduced hits as a category, I'd like to add that in order to give the tough guys some love. Let me know if there's other things that you'd like to change (bigger rosters, LW/RW split, that kind of thing).
Supreme Megalodon
Hockey is up and running, everyone from last year should get some kind of notification in your email. If you want in, there's plenty of room. Let's get this party started!
Supreme Megalodon
New stat categories I'd like to include this year for the skaters:
-hits
-blocks
There is also faceoffs won/lost but I'm not proposing that change. However, I am open to it if people want it. It does make centers more important. For goalies there are saves, shots against, goals against, and games started that are categories we are not using. If anyone wants to include them, let me know.

Include 1 IR position (currently 0).

Increase from 2 lines (2C, 4 W, 4 D) to 3 lines (3 C, 6W, 6D) to create position scarcity and get more players in there. The addition of hits/blocks should open up new scoring opportunities for more defensive players.
Megalodon
Sand$: 2.00
spots open in this, pana?

University of Minnesota Golden Gophers

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks
Supreme Megalodon
vikes_fan_4_life! wrote:spots open in this, pana?

I believe the league holds 12, there were 10 last year. I'll PM you the login info.
Megalodon
Sand$: 26,749.15
I'll be back !!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: And I'm registered!!!!!!!!!!!1

stuffedcrust3meat wrote:to all the people we never meet that leave a lasting impression :Drink)

Great White Shark
Sand$: 10,917.50
I'm back baby!
Great White Shark
panachevitz wrote:New stat categories I'd like to include this year for the skaters:
-hits
-blocks
There is also faceoffs won/lost but I'm not proposing that change. However, I am open to it if people want it. It does make centers more important. For goalies there are saves, shots against, goals against, and games started that are categories we are not using. If anyone wants to include them, let me know.

Increase from 2 lines (2C, 4 W, 4 D) to 3 lines (3 C, 6W, 6D) to create position scarcity and get more players in there. The addition of hits/blocks should open up new scoring opportunities for more defensive players.

I'm not sure about adding a category, let me think about that. Maybe something for forwards, but not for goalies. When you don't have enough starts in a week you lose 4 or 5 points as it is, anything more would be bad. Maybe something that adds to the productivity of grinders.

We always had an IR spot. I've used it anyway. :)

No to another line! 5 more spots, means even more drafting and managing.
That's overkill to me. Besides, do you really want to have Matt Cooke on your team because you have had to draft another 50-60 players.
Megalodon
Sand$: 2.00
I'm Da Coach Guysss, is in! (homage to Jaques Lemaire)

Excited to play this year, I've always wanted to, but never done it before :thumbright:

University of Minnesota Golden Gophers

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks
Supreme Megalodon
sport.nut wrote:
panachevitz wrote:New stat categories I'd like to include this year for the skaters:
-hits
-blocks

I'm not sure about adding a category, let me think about that. Maybe something for forwards, but not for goalies. When you don't have enough starts in a week you lose 4 or 5 points as it is, anything more would be bad. Maybe something that adds to the productivity of grinders.

We always had an IR spot. I've used it anyway. :)

No to another line! 5 more spots, means even more drafting and managing.
That's overkill to me. Besides, do you really want to have Matt Cooke on your team because you have had to draft another 50-60 players.

Adding the extra stat categories increases the fantasy-relevant pool of players. If you can't get the goalie start in, then I suggest rolling with 3 or 4 goalies and making sure that you put them in your lineup. You can set lineups days in advance, so you don't need to manage your team every day. I usually set my team twice or three times a week (usually monday and friday) to keep guys in there.

As for the number of players: I have 3 full lines in the other league I commish and we don't seem to have a problem, plus we have 10 teams in that league against the 8 teams in this one. It really isn't that hard to manage or draft, and it is one of the reasons that I want to increase the size of the roster so there is some challenge. Stacked small teams take no skill to manage and no amount of ability to find the diamond in the rough to give your team an edge. I don't want a boring league that people can leave their teams on autopilot and still win.
Great White Shark
I see what you are saying, but I dissagree.

People can not leave their team on auto-pilot in this league and win (outside of a fluke). I don't mind checking once or twice a week to change my line-up, but I don't want to get to the point where you have to be active on the waiver wire every week to keep competitive.

I just don't want this to be more work then it was.
Supreme Megalodon
I put waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more work into my ff teams than I ever put into my hockey teams, no matter the size or complexity.
Megalodon
Sand$: 42,558.34
Can I hop back in again this year?

2009 Tanked Dynasty League Champ
2010 Draft Sharks Semi-Pro West Champ
2011 Draft Sharks Pro Champ
2012 Deep Black Dynasty Champion
Supreme Megalodon
LaSean4Heisman wrote:Can I hop back in again this year?

grab a partner, draft happens next saturday.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 32,263.52
Im interested in playing if there is another opening..

2009 Deep Emerald Dynasty League Champion
2011 Stealing Home Keeper League Champion - '12 Runner-Up
2012 Gridiron Post Whore Keeper League Champion - '09 Runner-Up