NCAA Hockey Thread '11-'12

Megalodon
Sand$: 2.00
birddog wrote:this is getting interesting guys.. tough way to go through for UMD and UND.. kind of a brick wall syndrome.

and I just looked. I have BC in the Random draw. Rabbits foot up my woohoo I guess. Tough to be pulling for both the Gophers to land the trophy and then BC for the sands at the same time.. I'm so conflicted..

You've got enough sands, cheer for the Gophers :wink:

University of Minnesota Golden Gophers

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks
Megalodon
Sand$: 43,593.64
MN_HockeyGuy wrote:
birddog wrote:this is getting interesting guys.. tough way to go through for UMD and UND.. kind of a brick wall syndrome.

and I just looked. I have BC in the Random draw. Rabbits foot up my woohoo I guess. Tough to be pulling for both the Gophers to land the trophy and then BC for the sands at the same time.. I'm so conflicted..

That's the difference between Wisconson and North Dakota... we would never even consider rooting for Minny. We hate BC, but its a different level with the Gophers... I want to see their tears as BC skates off the ice victorious.
Megalodon
The Wild sign Zucker today. He will be playing on Thursday

JT Brown soon to go pro. According to Bucci: Philly, Tampa Bay, and Boston are the finalists.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 162,568.48
und2006 wrote:
MN_HockeyGuy wrote:

That's the difference between Wisconson and North Dakota... we would never even consider rooting for Minny. We hate BC, but its a different level with the Gophers... I want to see their tears as BC skates off the ice victorious.
Personally I've always been a 'conference guy' with all sports. Easy to separate any amount of disdain for a particular team/school. WCHA and Big10 alike.. I'd rather the Champions come from within the conference.. helps the conference(s) and the schools out financially, too.

Never put you in the typical UND mold.. as a group/whole I've never seen such toolish behavior from a fan base in my life.. ever :lol:

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Supreme Megalodon
MN_HockeyGuy wrote:The Wild sign Zucker today. He will be playing on Thursday

JT Brown soon to go pro. According to Bucci: Philly, Tampa Bay, and Boston are the finalists.

=D>

I'm really hoping Justin Schultz decides to stick around for his senior year.. we've lost too many skaters early to the NHL the last couple years and we're young and suffering from it.

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Megalodon
Sand$: 43,593.64
birddog wrote:
und2006 wrote:
MN_HockeyGuy wrote:

Personally I've always been a 'conference guy' with all sports. Easy to separate any amount of disdain for a particular team/school. WCHA and Big10 alike.. I'd rather the Champions come from within the conference.. helps the conference(s) and the schools out financially, too.

Never put you in the typical UND mold.. as a group/whole I've never seen such toolish behavior from a fan base in my life.. ever :lol:

We are the Philly of College Hockey...

I tend to root against whatever team knocked my team out, whoever that might be, whatever sport that might be. When it's a rival... it's more so. I have seen that behavior as well, it's not something I support, but I certainly won't root for Minnesota either!
Megalodon
birddog wrote:

=D>

I'm really hoping Justin Schultz decides to stick around for his senior year.. we've lost too many skaters early to the NHL the last couple years and we're young and suffering from it.

I put the probability of Schultz coming back for a senior year at about 0.3%

He just doesn't want to go to Anaheim, waiting until he's a FA to sign anywhere he wants.

Maybe he'll want to come play for the Wild :lol: :lol: :lol:

-Herb Brooks
Megalodon
I'm really hoping for a Minnesota vs. Ferris State championship game. :D

-Herb Brooks
Supreme Megalodon
und2006 wrote:
birddog wrote:
und2006 wrote:
MN_HockeyGuy wrote:

We are the Philly of College Hockey...

I tend to root against whatever team knocked my team out, whoever that might be, whatever sport that might be. When it's a rival... it's more so. I have seen that behavior as well, it's not something I support, but I certainly won't root for Minnesota either!

"Philly of College Hockey" lollolol yea.. thats a good comparison.

Supreme Megalodon
MN_HockeyGuy wrote:
birddog wrote:

=D>

I put the probability of Schultz coming back for a senior year at about 0.3%

He just doesn't want to go to Anaheim, waiting until he's a FA to sign anywhere he wants.

Maybe he'll want to come play for the Wild :lol: :lol: :lol:
0.3% ?... so there a chance! The Wild.. omg I think just p'd :lol:

Yea I midas well buy a lottery ticket .. might have better odds. :D

Megalodon
Rapidly approaching game day. Team left today for Tampa.

2 more wins!

-Herb Brooks
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,393.19
MN_HockeyGuy wrote:Rapidly approaching game day. Team left today for Tampa.

2 more wins!

Yep. Just 2 more wins! :P

What women really want is security. I know because every time I approach a woman at a bar, that is what she starts screaming.
Megalodon
beerbarian wrote:
MN_HockeyGuy wrote:Rapidly approaching game day. Team left today for Tampa.

2 more wins!

Yep. Just 2 more wins! :P

I hope the Gophers and Ferris win. I'm ready for the rematch, brother :D

4:12-5:35 :wink:

Watching that 2003 video reminds me just how dominant Vanek was that year :shock:

-Herb Brooks
Megalodon
GAME DAY BABY.

-Herb Brooks
Megalodon
Union up 1-0 on Ferris State halfway through the game.

-Herb Brooks