NCAA Hockey 2012

Megalodon
Sand$: 43,593.64
MN_HockeyGuy wrote:A grown man flipping off a college student because of the result of a sporting event can be called many things :lol:

Revisiting the last game between the two squads 8)

Do we already have a sand bet in place? 5K?

I believe we do.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,393.19
I miss seeing my team in the bracketology discussion.

What women really want is security. I know because every time I approach a woman at a bar, that is what she starts screaming.
Megalodon
Sand$: 43,593.64
Come on!

1:07 left in OT, put it in the net!

I do NOT want to pay up to that dirty Gopher fan...
Megalodon
Sand$: 2.00
:D

Great game on Friday.

UND came back and played a much better game tonight. I was there tonight, second time watching Grimaldi in person. He is great. Got nervous every time he had the puck on his stick.

Overall happy to come out of the weekend with 3 points. 3 or 4 years ago, if the Gophers were down 2 goals with less than 10 minutes to go in the 3rd, I would have turned the TV off. But there is something very different about this team, they have so much scoring depth. When UND was up 2 goals late in the 3rd, I just knew the game wasn't over.

Wilcox was fighting the puck a little bit I thought. Tough to blame him for the Knight and Grimaldi snipes, and I didn't see the other two very well (down at the other end)

Fitting that this rivalry would end in a tie :lol: Although I'm pretty sure we will play again this season. F5 or regionals.

Very happy with the position this Gopher team is in. They have scoring depth, solid defense, and great goaltending. That's a dangerous trio.

University of Minnesota Golden Gophers

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks
Great White Shark
Big win for us at Notre Dame* on the heels of the sweep against Mich. St. Notre Dame has had a really bad start to the 2nd half of the season, just like Ohio State did last year. Still, we've got to start taking the points from teams we should be beating...

*I take the time to type this out instead of using ND out or respect for my WCHA breathren.

What women really want is security. I know because every time I approach a woman at a bar, that is what she starts screaming.
Megalodon
beerbarian wrote:Big win for us at Notre Dame* on the heels of the sweep against Mich. St. Notre Dame has had a really bad start to the 2nd half of the season, just like Ohio State did last year. Still, we've got to start taking the points from teams we should be beating...

*I take the time to type this out instead of using ND out or respect for my WCHA breathren.

I can't believe how bad Michigan is this year. I haven't seen them play. But man, this has to be one of the worst Michigan teams of the millennium, for sure.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks
Great White Shark
MN_HockeyGuy wrote:
beerbarian wrote:Big win for us at Notre Dame* on the heels of the sweep against Mich. St. Notre Dame has had a really bad start to the 2nd half of the season, just like Ohio State did last year. Still, we've got to start taking the points from teams we should be beating...

I can't believe how bad Michigan is this year. I haven't seen them play. But man, this has to be one of the worst Michigan teams of the millennium, for sure.

MSU too. Laying the groundwork for you guys to take the inaugural Big Ten championship,

Megalodon
beerbarian wrote:
MN_HockeyGuy wrote:

MSU too. Laying the groundwork for you guys to take the inaugural Big Ten championship,

Yeah, we slaughtered MSU that first week of the season, and I assumed they would figure some things out. Looks like they haven't...

-Herb Brooks
Great White Shark
Sand$: 16,053.60
beerbarian wrote:
und2006 wrote:
MN_HockeyGuy wrote:WOW. Awesome game.

I approve wholeheartedly on the decimation of BC...

Ditto

x3. Jason and Maggie Seaver can suck it.

Veritas Odium Parit
Megalodon
Split against Cloud. Would have liked a sweep. Tough to complain, though. This team has only lost 5 games all year.

The MacNaughton will be tough to get now, but the Mac is just a secondary goal. Going for the National Championship. Eyes on the prize.

Oh, and Schmidt for Hobey :D

For real, though. He is SO good. He would definitely be able to start on D for the Wild right now.

-Herb Brooks
Great White Shark
4 games left. 2@ home vs. Bowling Green, 2@ Michigan. All very winnable. I think if we can take 8 points out of that, we'll be able to hold off Ohio State and Alaska for 4th place (and a home playoff series). While we don't strictly control our own desitiny (since OSU has 6 games to play), their schedule looks a lot harder.

I dread saying it, but Go Broncos [shudders]! Beat the Buckeyes!

Megalodon
Solid win over Wisconsin last night. Should be interesting to see what the outdoor game is like tomorrow.

Looks like the Gophers are a virtual lock for a number 1 seed in the tournament :thumbright:

-Herb Brooks
Great White Shark
Tie for 4th between Ferris and OSU. Whomever captures the most points this weekend will host the other in the conference tourney.

We have 2 at Michigan (always a problem for us).

OSU has 2 at Miami. Miami still needs 2 points to lock up the #1 seed, and hopefully there is some in-state rivalry drive for them!

Things look promising for us to capture 4th.

Then all we need to do is win our 1st ever conference tournament to make the NCAA! :censor:

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 162,568.48
knock knock..

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Great White Shark
godammitsomuch