2013 World Junior Championships

Megalodon
Sand$: 2.00
This is probably my favorite hockey event every year. Love seeing all the young talent playing together. With no NHL, I strongly encourage some of you hockey sharks who maybe haven't watched it before to check it out! It starts right after Christmas. Hopefully there will be some sharks watching the tournament :D

NHL Network airs all USA and Canada games, along with some various other games.

USA has a new head coach: Phil Housley (Saint Paul, Minnesota). He played about 20 years in the NHL and is currently the coach at Stillwater HS in Minnesota. USA Hockey is putting a lot of faith in him, and many have questioned having a high school coach take over the team. Although I think a change was needed after last year's horrible performance.

The Canadians have got to be the favorite, led by Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Jonathan Huberdeau. They will be a great team as always. You can also expect the Russians to have plenty of scoring ability and flare, like always.

Team USA's prelim roster includes 15 NCAA players:
Shayne Gostisbehere (Union), Matt Grzelcyk (Boston University), Jake McCabe (Wisconsin), Mike Reilly (Minnesota), Brady Skjei (Minnesota) and Jacob Trouba (Michigan), Cole Bardreau (Cornell), Riley Barber (Miami), John Gaudreau (Boston College), Rocco Grimaldi (North Dakota), Sean Kuraly (Miami), Mario Lucia (Notre Dame), Blake Pietila (Michigan Tech), and Jimmy Vesey (Harvard).

University of Minnesota Golden Gophers

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks
Megalodon
Sand$: 22,858.04
True Hockey fan right here

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,269.29
World Juniors are great. We hosted the tournament in Vancouver one year; awesome hockey. I have have had season tix to the local Junior team here since day 1 (the past 11 years) - I prefer junior to NHL regular season any day; I'm not missing the NHL at all.....

Follow me on Tumblr http://jd666.tumblr.com
2015 LOT Norse League Champion
Megalodon
USA making 3 cuts today or tomorrow before they submit the final roster for the tournament.

First game is Thursday against Germany

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks
Megalodon
Things might be coming together for USA. Watched the first two periods of our game vs. the Czechs this morning, great puck movement.

Canada up next!

-Herb Brooks
Whale Shark
Sand$: 3,154.74
Big game in a few hours. As a Jets fan, I've been pretty pleased with how Trouba & Scheifele have looked in this tourney.
Megalodon
USA! Hell of a game! =D>

Johnny Gaudreau is such a fun player to watch.

Sweden up next for the Gold 8)

-Herb Brooks
Megalodon
USA!

Golden =D> =D> =D>

-Herb Brooks
Whale Shark
Sand$: 3,154.74
Congrats on the Gold, US played a tough tournament.

Canada looked good at times, but not hungry enough - especially in that Semi-Final.

I'm ready for the NHL right about now... well, in a few weeks.
Megalodon
Sand$: 43,674.22
Grimaldi!!

Sioux Yeah Yeah!
Megalodon
Nice to see him respond well to being benched. He must have prayed real hard :wink:

-Herb Brooks
Great White Shark
Sand$: 6,269.29
Been in Thailand since the 27th so missed almost the whole tourney this year..... Congrats to the winner!

Follow me on Tumblr http://jd666.tumblr.com
2015 LOT Norse League Champion