NCAA Hockey 2013

Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,395.47
birddog wrote:
beerbarian wrote:A great year for us! WCHA regular season champs. Still have never won a conference tournament, but we should make the NCAA field.
This whole reorganization has got me all mixed up.. Ferris State right BB?

Correct! This will be our 3rd ever NCAA appearance, all in recent history (we sucked back when I went there).

Now we bookend the season...our 1st game was against Colgate, our midseason tournament was agaisnt Colgate, and now we face them again.

Only 1-2 agaisnt them so far though :(

What women really want is security. I know because every time I approach a woman at a bar, that is what she starts screaming.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 162,568.48
beerbarian wrote:
birddog wrote:
beerbarian wrote:A great year for us! WCHA regular season champs. Still have never won a conference tournament, but we should make the NCAA field.
This whole reorganization has got me all mixed up.. Ferris State right BB?

Correct! This will be our 3rd ever NCAA appearance, all in recent history (we sucked back when I went there).

Now we bookend the season...our 1st game was against Colgate, our midseason tournament was agaisnt Colgate, and now we face them again.

Only 1-2 agaisnt them so far though :(
Perfect opportunity to even it up, BB .. good luck to your school :wink:

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 162,568.48
Funny blurb from espn.com

6. Play it again Sam. No. 4 national seed Wisconsin will open NCAA tournament play against former WCHA rival North Dakota. The two teams didn't play this season, as they both went to new conferences, but UND holds a 9-6-2 advantage over the Badgers in the six seasons before that. The last time these two met in the NCAA tournament was in 2008 at the Midwest Regional final at the Kohl Center in Milwaukee, where North Dakota won a 3-2 OT thriller. Ironically, it was Wisconsin's win over Ohio State in the Big Ten tournament final that helped UND get into the NCAA tournament.

:F :lol:

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Great White Shark
birddog wrote:Funny blurb from espn.com

6. Play it again Sam. No. 4 national seed Wisconsin will open NCAA tournament play against former WCHA rival North Dakota. The two teams didn't play this season, as they both went to new conferences, but UND holds a 9-6-2 advantage over the Badgers in the six seasons before that. The last time these two met in the NCAA tournament was in 2008 at the Midwest Regional final at the Kohl Center in Milwaukee, where North Dakota won a 3-2 OT thriller. Ironically, it was Wisconsin's win over Ohio State in the Big Ten tournament final that helped UND get into the NCAA tournament.

:F :lol:

Nice to see the rivalry continue.

Plus, of the folks who traditionally posted in the NCAA hockey threads, we all have teams in the tourney this year.

Double bonus is the W. Michigan and Miami (the teams I blame for killing the CCHA) are nowhere to be seen!

What women really want is security. I know because every time I approach a woman at a bar, that is what she starts screaming.
Megalodon
Sand$: 43,594.86
Suck it Bucky!

Sioux yeah yeah!
Megalodon
Beerbarian, I have 1000 shiny sands that say UND knocks off Ferris State tomorrow.
Great White Shark
und2006 wrote:Beerbarian, I have 1000 shiny sands that say UND knocks off Ferris State tomorrow.

done!

Megalodon
Overtime... I can't watch but I can't look away!
Megalodon
Ferris State goalie is insanely good...

How did he make that save?
Megalodon
Back to the Frozen Four for the 20th time!

Sioux Yeah Yeah!
Great White Shark
A good game my friend! I wish it had turned out differently, but these were very evenly matched teams.

Megalodon
Go St. Cloud, I love a good Minnesota upset.
Megalodon
Sand$: 2.00
Great weekend for the Gophers. Just an absolute clinic against Cloud. If they play like they did this weekend there isn't a team in the country who can beat them.

Ended St. Cloud's season in the regional, and now we get to end UND's season in the Frozen Four. Wouldn't have it any other way :D

University of Minnesota Golden Gophers

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks
Megalodon
MN_HockeyGuy wrote:Great weekend for the Gophers. Just an absolute clinic against Cloud. If they play like they did this weekend there isn't a team in the country who can beat them.

Ended St. Cloud's season in the regional, and now we get to end UND's season in the Frozen Four. Wouldn't have it any other way :D

I got 2500 sand that says otherwise.
Megalodon
Sand$: 2.00
You're on, my man!

Should be a fun game.

University of Minnesota Golden Gophers

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back"
-Herb Brooks