Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 312,168.35
sctroyfan wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:
Budmonsan wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:I don't see the Rangers beating the Blackhawks or Kings. Whoever wins that series is gonna win the cup.

Well, I wouldn't count them out... I didn't think they could beat Pitt or Montreal.

Unless Lundqvist steals the series, no way can they hang with either West Coast team. Both teams are superior to the Rangers. Stranger things have happened though I suppose. And as long as the Rangers beat Montreal, I could care less what happens. As long as the Habs don't get to play for the cup!

anyone can get hot and anyone can get beat..I never expected the Kings to do what they did two years ago.

The cup is wide open! I can see either of the these four winning it. Would like to see game 7's from here on out.

Image Image

Supreme Megalodon
Kings looking good!

Image Image

Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,714.68
Budmonsan wrote:Kings looking good!

seems like they get stronger as the game goes on while their opponents tire. The Kings physicality in the 3rd was ridiculous. Hope they can keep that kind of play up.

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
William G. McAdoo
Supreme Megalodon
If they can pull this off they will be tough for the rangers.

Image Image

Great White Shark
Good win Rangers but that game was some ugly hockey. Can't recall a game where i've seen so many breakaway 1 v 1's.

William G. McAdoo
Supreme Megalodon
sctroyfan wrote:Good win Rangers but that game was some ugly hockey. Can't recall a game where i've seen so many breakaway 1 v 1's.

Yea that was crazy!

Rangers rolling though.... Can they blow a 3-1 lead in same postseason they came back from a 3-1 deficit?

Image Image

Great White Shark
Budmonsan wrote:
sctroyfan wrote:Good win Rangers but that game was some ugly hockey. Can't recall a game where i've seen so many breakaway 1 v 1's.

Yea that was crazy!

Rangers rolling though.... Can they blow a 3-1 lead in same postseason they came back from a 3-1 deficit?

crazy talk. Habs don't have what it takes to win 3 in a row. They are a rung below NYR.

William G. McAdoo
Megalodon
Sand$: 51,666.40
I love how the Canadiens and their fans complain about not being given respect. Their play and actions do not deserve any respect to be given.

I liked how the Rangers got completely screwed too on that 5-min major in the 3rd. A worse hit by Prust wasn't penalized at all during that game and Moore gets 5 minutes and gets tossed from the game. I don't think it was the wrong call to make on Moore, but it is ridiculous that Prust didn't even get a 2 minute penalty in that game for his hit.
Great White Shark
Jcb890 wrote:I love how the Canadiens and their fans complain about not being given respect. Their play and actions do not deserve any respect to be given.

I liked how the Rangers got completely screwed too on that 5-min major in the 3rd. A worse hit by Prust wasn't penalized at all during that game and Moore gets 5 minutes and gets tossed from the game. I don't think it was the wrong call to make on Moore, but it is ridiculous that Prust didn't even get a 2 minute penalty in that game for his hit.

didn't see the Prust hit but that Moore one was deserving of the penalty and he may be facing a suspension.

At least the Habs played straight last night. Either that or they're acting got better. I still don't see them beating the Rangers. Correct me if I'm wrong as I watched no Habs games during the regular season but do they seem completely reliant on long shots? They're style doesn't seem one that will consistently get goals in a long series against a solid D.

with ya on that respect part. Even Eddie O scolded them in the pregame. ANother reason i love hockey. Don't know another sport where it's commentators would call out a player/team like that.

William G. McAdoo
Megalodon
sctroyfan wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:I love how the Canadiens and their fans complain about not being given respect. Their play and actions do not deserve any respect to be given.

didn't see the Prust hit but that Moore one was deserving of the penalty and he may be facing a suspension.

At least the Habs played straight last night. Either that or they're acting got better. I still don't see them beating the Rangers. Correct me if I'm wrong as I watched no Habs games during the regular season but do they seem completely reliant on long shots? They're style doesn't seem one that will consistently get goals in a long series against a solid D.

with ya on that respect part. Even Eddie O scolded them in the pregame. ANother reason i love hockey. Don't know another sport where it's commentators would call out a player/team like that.

MTL seems to play rope-a-dope style and they score on a large % of their shots because their team is full of guys that can shoot/finish and they are fast. This is what killed the Bruins.

As far as the Habs playing straight last night, you must have been watching a different game than I was. Plekanec finally got called for an embellishment penalty after he threw his head back trying to draw a high-sticking penalty, except the Rangers player's stick never even touches his body or came close to his head. Kudos to the refs for getting that one. But, then shortly after, Subban dove big time and got away with it.

What happened to the "black list" the NHL was going to make and publicize around the league with a list of players who were diving/embellishing and then those players being fined? Hopefully we'll see something like this brought up again this off-season. It makes any game the Habs are involved in almost un-watchable. If I wanted to watch soccer, I'd watch MLS. It is an unbelievable difference in a series like LAK vs CHI where the games are played hard and lots of checking and hard finishes on checks. Both teams playing hard and mostly honest. The Canadiens simply don't. They dive, they flop, they hold, they whine. It is the reason that even most of Canada despises them (outside of Quebec).
Great White Shark
Jcb890 wrote:
sctroyfan wrote:

MTL seems to play rope-a-dope style and they score on a large % of their shots because their team is full of guys that can shoot/finish and they are fast. This is what killed the Bruins.

As far as the Habs playing straight last night, you must have been watching a different game than I was. Plekanec finally got called for an embellishment penalty after he threw his head back trying to draw a high-sticking penalty, except the Rangers player's stick never even touches his body or came close to his head. Kudos to the refs for getting that one. But, then shortly after, Subban dove big time and got away with it.

What happened to the "black list" the NHL was going to make and publicize around the league with a list of players who were diving/embellishing and then those players being fined? Hopefully we'll see something like this brought up again this off-season. It makes any game the Habs are involved in almost un-watchable. If I wanted to watch soccer, I'd watch MLS. It is an unbelievable difference in a series like LAK vs CHI where the games are played hard and lots of checking and hard finishes on checks. Both teams playing hard and mostly honest. The Canadiens simply don't. They dive, they flop, they hold, they whine. It is the reason that even most of Canada despises them (outside of Quebec).

totally agree. Looked better but I may have missed a couple things last night as i was switching back and forth to the OKC game.

It really is pitiful how they play. Game 4 was an absolute joke. Particularly when you watch the Kings v Hawks which, and I'm biased, has been great hockey. Hate to see the Habs win this series but I might enjoy the Kings checking them into submission.

Eddie O brought up "the list" pregame and Milberry made mention of post game reviews and the idea of suspensions. I'm all for that.

William G. McAdoo
Megalodon
sctroyfan wrote:
Jcb890 wrote:
sctroyfan wrote:

totally agree. Looked better but I may have missed a couple things last night as i was switching back and forth to the OKC game.

It really is pitiful how they play. Game 4 was an absolute joke. Particularly when you watch the Kings v Hawks which, and I'm biased, has been great hockey. Hate to see the Habs win this series but I might enjoy the Kings checking them into submission.

Eddie O brought up "the list" pregame and Milberry made mention of post game reviews and the idea of suspensions. I'm all for that.

PK Subban would wind up playing maybe 1/2 of the season each year if they are going to suspend guys for diving/embellishment.

They are going to have to do something though. It is an embarrassment and makes it awful to watch, it hurts the overall product. I imagine the refs probably don't like it much either.

Other players do it too and they should also be impacted by fines/suspension - this means you Brad Marchand.

I haven't watched every game from every series, but I watched a good amount of games this post-season. No team does anything close to what MTL does when it comes to diving and embellishing. I couldn't even watch the TB vs MTL series. MTL was clearly the superior team and they're still pulling that garbage. Give me a break!

I would MUCH rather see NYR make it to the finals against either of the WC teams because then it will at least be watchable. The Rangers are a respectable team and play hockey like it should be played. I don't think I saw a single embellishment by them in the games I have watched. Not to say I know there hasn't been anything at all, but I haven't seen it.
Supreme Megalodon
Didn't see much of the game but wow the Canadians looked like they put on a clinic!

Image Image

Great White Shark
Budmonsan wrote:Didn't see much of the game but wow the Canadians looked like they put on a clinic!

Evidently a clinic in diving

William G. McAdoo
Great White Shark
Kings lost but what a game!

William G. McAdoo