Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 20,689.46
Come one, come all, the FS hockey league is back up and running! If you were in it last year, check your email and your junk box for the invite. If you are new, PM me your email and wait a few days since I'm not here frequently.
Supreme Megalodon
Before the season starts, is there anything that people would like to change? Right now we have 2 lines (2 centers, 4 wingers, 4 defensemen, 1 utility guy, 2 goalies). Do you want to split the wingers to LW/RW, add a 3rd line, maybe a 4th line?

Scoring: We have kind of a standard set up (goals, assists, +/-, PPP, SHP, shots, hits, blocks). There are a few other scoring categories out there: PM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, shooting percentage, faceoffs won, and faceoffs lost. Goalies have goals against, shots against, and saves as additional scoring categories. Any changes to this before the draft starts?
Blue Shark
Sand$: 1,490.42
Hi Panny,

Thanks for setting this league up again.

Changes I'd like to see:
A live draft not autopick
2LW and 2RW instead of 4W
Eliminate SHP and GWG as scoring categories. There are too many O scoring categories IMO compared to Goalies, and these two are the best to chop. Too few SHP in a week.
Eliminate L as a scoring category for goalies. I don't like categories where you want the least amount. We have Wins already, which is enough.

Anyway, that's my opinion, I'm fine with whatever is decided.

Great White Shark League Champion 2014, 2015
"When we play like we play when we play, nobody can beat us." -- Dennis Green
Supreme Megalodon
mf wrote:Hi Panny,

Thanks for setting this league up again.

Changes I'd like to see:
A live draft not autopick
2LW and 2RW instead of 4W
Eliminate SHP and GWG as scoring categories. There are too many O scoring categories IMO compared to Goalies, and these two are the best to chop. Too few SHP in a week.
Eliminate L as a scoring category for goalies. I don't like categories where you want the least amount. We have Wins already, which is enough.

Anyway, that's my opinion, I'm fine with whatever is decided.

Funny you should feel that way because I'm of the opinion that if they want to track it, we can use it. :)

I like splitting the wings apart as I think that adds strategy as there are fewer good wingers on one side than the other (can't remember which at the moment). The autopick will go away as soon as we want, it was in place because we had an odd number of teams. Let me know a time and we'll do it for then, just keep in mind that there could be multiple time zones involved so some folks might not be able to make it.
Blue Shark
Sand$: 1,490.42
Live draft next Saturday 7 pm?

Great White Shark League Champion 2014, 2015
"When we play like we play when we play, nobody can beat us." -- Dennis Green
Supreme Megalodon
mf wrote:Live draft next Saturday 7 pm?

Sounds good to me unless anyone wants it changed. That would also be EST, just in case anybody was wondering.
Supreme Megalodon
I am going to increase the players on each team to 3 full lines with separate wings plus 3 defense pairings because with 6 teams that will be overly stacked teams. At least keep some strategy should be involved in managing a team. No changes to scoring will be made.
Megalodon
Sand$: 42,558.34
I'm in again.

EDIT: I see I'm late to the party on joining, and I make it an odd number. I'll back out.

2009 Tanked Dynasty League Champ
2010 Draft Sharks Semi-Pro West Champ
2011 Draft Sharks Pro Champ
2012 Deep Black Dynasty Champion
Supreme Megalodon
Sorry to the guys who did want to get in late, but we did draft. At least hockey starts up in a couple of days!