Great White Shark
Sand$: 4,891.84
MadLove wrote:um, we have a problem here.

i seem to be on some auto-pick bs - Jets then Janikowski at 10th and 11th pick? I've been checking in on the draft every hour today, waiting.... just checked and my pick was passed over with some (fockin ridiculous) adp pick. adp for who, insane asylum patients?

this is cr@p

This bs/cr@p to which you refer is the well publicized and discussed here in the tank rule, that has been in place in the shark leagues for years, that if you allow your 12 hour window to expire you are picked for and therafter are placed on auto for the remainder of the draft.

You went on the clock at 10:54 pm. When 10:54 am rolled around and you had not picked (go look, you did not pick, despite checking every hour today), the auto drafter kicked in and shortly after that you were picked for. Then you went on auto. And, as has been said many times here in the tank, as well right here in the rules, this is what happened:

"After twelve hours on the clock a team forfeits it right to draft in that round and the missed pick will result in an auto pick being made in accordance with myfantasyleague.com pre-ranked autodrafter. In addition, the missed pick will activate the autodrafter and it will no longer wait twelve hours, and instead will immediately make each and every pick for the offending team. For the remainder of the draft, the offender must create pre-draft lists to have their pick be selected instead of the myfantasyleague Average Draft Position auto selection."

This rule is important and uncompromising. Without it, drafts could drag into the season. I would guess over 50 people are currently on auto, this rule is both necessary and fair.

Sorry that you view the fair application a rule to all players, long standing tank members and newbies alike, as cr@p. From here on, pre-draft.

aka Vee's Doghouse
Staff Writer, FantasySharks.com
Shark Leagues Commish, Retired
Offensive Coordinator, FantasySharks HAFAX, Retired
2004, 2008 & 2011 Great White Shark League Site Champion

Pat had god-like abilities apparently - OilersNut
SandShark
Sand$: 411.00

i seem to be on some auto-pick bs - Jets then Janikowski at 10th and 11th pick? I've been checking in on the draft every hour today, waiting.... just checked and my pick was passed over with some (fockin ridiculous) adp pick. adp for who, insane asylum patients?

this is cr@p

If you were here every hour, why not pre-draft when your pick got close? And when you were here every hour, did you not see it was your turn? Something about this doesn't make sense to me.

Mako Shark League #6
Stafford, Eli
MJD, DThomas, Addai, Jennings, McGahee
White, Welker, LMoore
Gates
Great White Shark
Sand$: 37,083.00
FYI- If you prerank players in the "My draft list" list, it will autopick them and not use the ADP in the system during the next few rounds. You can also use the Draft Preferences option to identify positions as well.

Every man has his price. Buy Low. Sell High.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,105.00
Pat_Smith wrote:

this is cr@p

This bs/cr@p to which you refer is the well publicized and discussed here in the tank rule, that has been in place in the shark leagues for years, that if you allow your 12 hour window to expire you are picked for and therafter are placed on auto for the remainder of the draft.

You went on the clock at 10:54 pm. When 10:54 am rolled around and you had not picked (go look, you did not pick, despite checking every hour today), the auto drafter kicked in and shortly after that you were picked for. Then you went on auto. And, as has been said many times here in the tank, as well right here in the rules, this is what happened:

"After twelve hours on the clock a team forfeits it right to draft in that round and the missed pick will result in an auto pick being made in accordance with myfantasyleague.com pre-ranked autodrafter. In addition, the missed pick will activate the autodrafter and it will no longer wait twelve hours, and instead will immediately make each and every pick for the offending team. For the remainder of the draft, the offender must create pre-draft lists to have their pick be selected instead of the myfantasyleague Average Draft Position auto selection."

This rule is important and uncompromising. Without it, drafts could drag into the season. I would guess over 50 people are currently on auto, this rule is both necessary and fair.

Sorry that you view the fair application a rule to all players, long standing tank members and newbies alike, as cr@p. From here on, pre-draft.

Understood and my bad. The rant was more about my own frustration than the shark leagues or the rules. The adp picks I was granted at 10 and 11 are - as i'm sure you might attest - cr@ptastic by normal standards, and sheer insanity by shark standards.

I've always been anti-predraft, typically because I like to see all picks prior to making a selection. Whatever - it's done and I own it. Que sera sera.

"If it doesn't make sense, it's usually not true."
Great White Shark
Sand$: 24,358.10
2nd time out of the draft.

:roll:

Whale Sharks 1 League 2019 - Fear The Spear
League of Titans 2019 Norse League - Nole Man
NFL Challenge 2019 AFC - Tennessee Titans
Mako Shark
Sand$: 2,876.78
Only 2 is pretty darn good. In my experience, anyway.
Great White Shark
Time for a recap of the draft!

How’d ya do?? Reaches? Best value? Overall draft thoughts and who do you think has the best chance to win.

Ok, things like ADP, projected points etc. are starting points, but who the hell knows how a season will shape up. Injuries can play a big role. While there may be skill to this game, a lot of it ends up being blind luck in head to head formats sometimes.

I have no way of knowing that reaching for a Super Sleeper like a DeMarco Murray might not pay off in the end handsomely, or that getting the "Value of the Decade" like a Tony Romo a couple of rounds after his ADP doesn't mean squat because he might have had that "once in a life time" season last year. Who knows. Still, looking at where others drafted, it's kind of fun (to me at least) to analyze the results. (Yeah, I get geeked out, but analysis and performance management are what I do, so..)

The methodology was taking our league size and scoring formats and getting projected points from Fantasy Sharks (www. fantasysharks.com) and rankings from Football Guy’s Consensus rankings (http://www.footballguys.com), then matching them up in Excel. Each time a player was selected, it was noted by player and draft position.

The details are located at:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub ... utput=html

Projected points can be deceptive as can ADPs of course. It's all based upon assumptions at a point in time, and things change daily almost. Each year someone pulls an Arian Foster type of pick, so watching the wire like a hawk is as equally as important as drafting.
So, how'd we do? When look at potential scoring averages, and where players got picked in the draft, the data would suggest there are three pretty solid teams that could go all the way:

Hoots89
Rogue/(Wave
Abu Dhabi Assassins

Badreligionhead had the highest rank QB class, and Rouge/(Wave the highest ranked RB group. Abu Dhabi Assassins shines in the WR category.

From a pure point perspective, number of "value picks" and comparing the draft position to the ADPs, our auto draft team,

Top 10 "Value Picks" (Consensus Rank to Actual) were:
Variance/Team/Player

59 Northstar/ Ronnie Brown
41 Abu Dhabi Assassins/ Johnny Knox
39 Rogue/(Wave/Delone Carter
33 mc126/Deion Branch
31 Badreligionhead/Ryan Torain
27 Swampgirl/Brandon Jacobs
24 Fear the Spear/Mike Williams (SEA)
23 Fear the Spear/Malcom Floyd
23 Badreligionhead/Roy Williams
21 Baustin TD Party/James Starks

Top 10 "Reaches" were:
-101 Hang10/Kansas City Chiefs
-84 mc126/ Toby Gerhart
-73 Baustin TD Party/Shaun Suisham
-60 Abu Dhabi Assassins/Ben Tate
-56 Jerric's Browncoats/Ben Watson
-54 mc126/ Javon Ringer
-53 Swampgirl/Rob Bironas
-50 Jerric's Browncoats/Bernard Scott
-46 Rogue/(Wave/Jacoby Jones
-46 Abu Dhabi Assassins/Josh Brown

Another way to look at it is the “FBG Rate My Team” application. Pretty cool. For example, with excellent management, my team has a 75% chance of making the playoffs. Strengths are my RBs and weaknesses are the WRs. Pretty much what I thought throughout the draft.

Anyway, some fun facts to argue about. I would like to hear how others think they did as well as who they think did well?

Best of luck for the season!

Tiger Shark
Sand$: 640.48
I've seen one of your spreadsheets before. Thanks for doing that. Very good information.

Now if CJ would just sign a frickin deal... I'm getting worried.
Great White Shark
badreligionhead wrote:I've seen one of your spreadsheets before. Thanks for doing that. Very good information.

Now if CJ would just sign a frickin deal... I'm getting worried.

Things are not looking good here for him so far. Someone better blink soon this week. :cry:

Great White Shark
ok. the irony of the Jets D and Janikowski basically winning my match-up this past weekend is not lost on me. :icon_mrgreen:

Great White Shark
MadLove wrote:ok. the irony of the Jets D and Janikowski basically winning my match-up this past weekend is not lost on me. :icon_mrgreen:

Take it anyway you can get it brotha!

Great White Shark
Hello??? Is this thing on???

Great White Shark
Sand$: 37,083.00
wat?

Every man has his price. Buy Low. Sell High.
Great White Shark
NoleMan wrote:Hello??? Is this thing on???

sorry Nole... not feelin too chatty with my team in shambles. I mean, holy moly ](*,)

Great White Shark
MadLove wrote:
NoleMan wrote:Hello??? Is this thing on???

sorry Nole... not feelin too chatty with my team in shambles. I mean, holy moly ](*,)

Yeah, me too. But we gotta get the forum rockin'. Too much fun to talk about games without worrying about it!