2013 Mako 2

Chum
Sand$: 97.92
I saw the forum hadn't been created for this league yet so here it is. Let the yacking begin.
Chum
Hey Deep, congrats on leveling up. But did you have to land in my league? We had enough head-butting last year.
Chum
Hey Moderator, is there some setup that needs to be done in order to have these messages copied to the league members?
SandShark
Sand$: 220.34
What's up all!!!!!!
Wish we could get this draft going now!
Cheers :Drink)
Whale Shark
Sand$: 3,281.08
McPhisto2 wrote:Hey Deep, congrats on leveling up. But did you have to land in my league? We had enough head-butting last year.

Haha, you won Blue Shark 3 last year yeah? Congrats! Looking forward to this year...and trying to level up again. I expect it's only gonna get harder...
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,505.92
Last year was my 3rd year in the shark leagues and my first year I didn't level on up. Come on guys, let's not repeat that. :lol:

Good luck, all. :Drink) Now that I've gone all-in on dyno leagues, this and my home league with buddies are my only redrafts.
Great White Shark
Welp, looks like I better hope Gronk comes back in epic form. :F

Sorry for letting the clock expire. Must have missed that email notification, went through the day thinking the draft was just moving slow and waiting for my pick. #-o
SandShark
Sand$: 145.00
pinksheets wrote:Welp, looks like I better hope Gronk comes back in epic form. :F

Sorry for letting the clock expire. Must have missed that email notification, went through the day thinking the draft was just moving slow and waiting for my pick. #-o

Good value pick in the 5th. Going into the round, I knew I wanted a top TE if available. I had Gronk ahead of Witten on my list and kept going back and forth on whether to take a risky of safe pick. You made my choice easy.

2018 Champion Great White Shark
2017 Most Points Great White Shark
2016 2nd Place Great White Shark
2015 Most Points Whale Shark 1
2014 Champion Hammerhead Shark 1
2013 Champion Mako Shark 2
2012 Most Points Blue Shark 4
2010 Champion Tiger Shark 12
Great White Shark
Maaaaan, having missed that pick is killing me. Being on auto-draft, especially in these late rounds, is killing me. My own damn fault, though! Going to make things a little more interesting having only gotten X number of pieces that I really wanted.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,421.38
What's up! Looking forward to some football...
Chum
So the draft is over, and I'm mildly happy with the results.

I tried to use the live scoring summary link on the MFL website and it said you had to be a pay customer to see it....

I don't remember this from last year, is this something new, or will it be displayed once the games start. Really a question to the moderator I suppose.

McPhisto dba Retired...No Dead

BTW is there a way to match the user name in this forum to the team name?
Chum
Draft recap for Retired...Not Dead.

So this is my third year in Fantasy Sharks and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It's nice to play against dedicated and knowledgeable players.

So far I have been lucky to level up each year, but I can tell by this draft, it's going to be a lot harder this year. Each time I had the next player(s) ready to draft they were taken by the time it was my turn. So well done to all of you.

Here's my personal recap.

1. Trent Richardson - I really wanted Trent in spite of him probably not being the best PPR pick. But I liked his durability better than Charles or Spiller or Foster. So I got who I wanted here.

2. Brandon Marshall - I really wanted him too. I think he's getting close to Megatron tier at this point, so I was happy he was still available.

3. Drew Brees - here's where all my troubles began. I should have stuck with RB here and picked Reggie Bush, but I couldn't resist a top two QB, so I elected to scramble later with RBs. As it turns out, this league knew the value of RBs early and it would be an uphill fight for them the rest of the draft.

4. Ryan Mathews - he was the best on the board for RBs and I had to take him, in spite of his injury risk. But I took AP last year with injury risk and it turned out great. So I'm hoping he'll finally produce as he should. But this is the pay back for drafting QB early.

5. Antonio Brown - WRs were flying off the board. Nelson and Colton were gone and I thought, why not pick WR1 from the Steelers, let's see if he pans out now that Wallace is gone.

6. DeSean Jackson - probably best available WR here and the two RBs I would have picked were gone, Bradshaw and Bernard. Hope this guy gets his head out of his rump while Maclin is gone and fits the new offense. But risky. A lot of my success this year may hinge on his performance.

7. DeAngelo Williams - still trying to catch up with the competition with RBs here and Williams was the best and a starter. Now with Stewart out, he may do well, as long as he stays healthy. So between Mathews and Williams I should have a decent RB2 to start. Whew, the RBS were really thin here already. Again, tough competition.

8. Bernard Pierce - still grabbing what RBs I could and you guys just kept the pressure on. I like Pierce here, and hope he gets the touches he deserves. Heaven forbid Rice goes down....snicker, snicker..

9. Owen Daniels - TEs were already thinning out, but I like Owens and I would be picking another one soon, now that I had 4 RBs in action.

10. DeAndre Hopkins - so now was the time to beef up my WRs and man were they already gone. So I went with a rookie prospect. Don't trust rookie WRs but maybe late season he will emerge. Pretty risky but not many options were left.

11. Texans - teams were starting to go for the tier 1 and 2 defenses, so I thought I would get in on the action. I like the Texans here and would not have them later so I pounced. I would have taken Emmanual Sanders or Alshon Jeffires, but I already had teammates, and that didn't make sense.

12. Brandon Myers - a good bye week filler with some upside. He has potential to outdo his ADP in NY if their offense clicks.

13. Carson Palmer - I think this guy is going to be top ten this year and felt fortunate to pick him this late as my bye week filler. He may even play well enough for a Strength of Schedule pick from time to time. I think he's going to do well this year and Arizona may be a team to watch...

14. Shonn Greene - I don't like this guy, but he was the best of the rest, and who knows what may happen in Ten with Chris Johnson (which one will play this year). So I used a flyer on him because you guys were taking all my deep sleepers ahead of the pick.

15. Eric Woods - all my late round flyers for WRs were gone, completely. So I just picked the best and maybe only WR2 left in the draft. But another rookie WR. He'll probably end up going away on a waiver pickup.

16 Steve Hauschka - what can I say, the best K available in the last pick. But I think he'll do alright. And I usually pick Ks weekly based on matchups.

So there you have it, struggled with RBs because of early QB pick and then scrambled for decent WRs late. You guys are tough and I'm going to predict I finish somewhere in the middle this year. Oh well, it wasn't going to last forever...

Later
Whale Shark
Sand$: 3,281.08
I like the Richardson/Marshall combination for your squad.

We definitely hit the RBs hard, early, and often. This was definitely a good draft with informed folks, not a lot of value dropped.

I felt fortunate to grab Decker (Rd. 6) and D. Richardson (Rd. 7) where I did, but kind of regret grabbing Cobb over Fitz in Rd 3.

Good luck this year...
SandShark
Sand$: 145.00
Live scoring should work when the season begins and you log into the league.

Thanks for sharing your approach. Here is mine.

With the #7 pick, I had a quite a challenge drafting a winning team. I was surprised to see Charles and Spiller fall to me in round one. May regret not taking Spiller, but the prospect of Charles being used more in the receiving game really appealed to me. In round #2, I again went with value when I was surprised to see A.J. fall to me. At that point, I had the #2 running back and #2 receiver from my rankings. In the thrid round, I picked Newton because I did not think he would be there for me in the 4th. I had Newton ranked as #1 QB due to him being a running QB and our league giving only 3 points for passing TDs. By default, round #4 was time to select a second running back--like the potential of Lamar Miller. Round # 5 went according to plan--selecting a top TE, Witten who I had ranked as #2 TE. In round #9, I decided to go against the experts again by selecting the top ranked defense which gave me a fifth stud for my 8 starters (will probably regret not waiting on defense, but I was not comfortable with my rankings of the remaining defenses). Very pleased with my 4 WR picks and did not see any value in drafting a WR 5. I loaded up on running backs at the end of the draft since that is the position where I was the weakest (and still am). Picked a kicker in the last round who I think will do well in weeks 1 & 2. Final distribution is really against the grain--1QB, 8RBs, 4WRs, 1TE, 1DEF, and 1 PK. I very well may end up back in Blue Sharks next year but, with a middle round pick, I preferred to be bold and go with this high risk/high reward approach.

2018 Champion Great White Shark
2017 Most Points Great White Shark
2016 2nd Place Great White Shark
2015 Most Points Whale Shark 1
2014 Champion Hammerhead Shark 1
2013 Champion Mako Shark 2
2012 Most Points Blue Shark 4
2010 Champion Tiger Shark 12
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,421.38
1- D.Martin at the 2... pretty much the safest pick
2- Demariyus Thomas.... no RB I liked at this point, considered R.Bush for a moment.
3- A.Rodgers.. ahhh, probably should have taken Bush at this point, but having a top RB, WR, and QB was so tempting... maybe a mistake in this RB W#0R3 league? time will tell..
4- Montee Ball, a reach maybe? but had to take a RB... and like the upside.
5- Jordy Nelson, think he'll be a good #2 WR... was hoping for Colston to fall...
6- B. Green-Ellis, again, had to take RB... starting to hate people in this draft...
7- Andre Brown - same as last pick..
8- Kyle Rudolph - TE was getting thinner...
9- Mike Williams - best WR available at this point.
10- Eli Manning - QB2, great matchup in Rodgers bye week; and I'll feel confident with him in case Rodgers has to miss time (knock on wood)
11- Sidney Rice - why not?
12 - Steelers D - consistent
13 - Gostkowski - top kicker in my rankings! ha...
14 - J. Gresham - TE2, good value this late I think...
15 - Knowshon Moreno - handcuff for Montee Ball.. wanted Hillman also but was taken too early for my taste.. Moreno somehow always find playing time...
16- NYG D. - homer pick.

The pick that I might regret the most? A.Rodgers at 3... but it's hard to resist taking a top QB at this point.. where the other options are second/third tier RB/WRs...

Good luck to all...