Draft recap for Retired...Not Dead.
So this is my third year in Fantasy Sharks and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It's nice to play against dedicated and knowledgeable players.
So far I have been lucky to level up each year, but I can tell by this draft, it's going to be a lot harder this year. Each time I had the next player(s) ready to draft they were taken by the time it was my turn. So well done to all of you.
Here's my personal recap.
1. Trent Richardson - I really wanted Trent in spite of him probably not being the best PPR pick. But I liked his durability better than Charles or Spiller or Foster. So I got who I wanted here.
2. Brandon Marshall - I really wanted him too. I think he's getting close to Megatron tier at this point, so I was happy he was still available.
3. Drew Brees - here's where all my troubles began. I should have stuck with RB here and picked Reggie Bush, but I couldn't resist a top two QB, so I elected to scramble later with RBs. As it turns out, this league knew the value of RBs early and it would be an uphill fight for them the rest of the draft.
4. Ryan Mathews - he was the best on the board for RBs and I had to take him, in spite of his injury risk. But I took AP last year with injury risk and it turned out great. So I'm hoping he'll finally produce as he should. But this is the pay back for drafting QB early.
5. Antonio Brown - WRs were flying off the board. Nelson and Colton were gone and I thought, why not pick WR1 from the Steelers, let's see if he pans out now that Wallace is gone.
6. DeSean Jackson - probably best available WR here and the two RBs I would have picked were gone, Bradshaw and Bernard. Hope this guy gets his head out of his rump while Maclin is gone and fits the new offense. But risky. A lot of my success this year may hinge on his performance.
7. DeAngelo Williams - still trying to catch up with the competition with RBs here and Williams was the best and a starter. Now with Stewart out, he may do well, as long as he stays healthy. So between Mathews and Williams I should have a decent RB2 to start. Whew, the RBS were really thin here already. Again, tough competition.
8. Bernard Pierce - still grabbing what RBs I could and you guys just kept the pressure on. I like Pierce here, and hope he gets the touches he deserves. Heaven forbid Rice goes down....snicker, snicker..
9. Owen Daniels - TEs were already thinning out, but I like Owens and I would be picking another one soon, now that I had 4 RBs in action.
10. DeAndre Hopkins - so now was the time to beef up my WRs and man were they already gone. So I went with a rookie prospect. Don't trust rookie WRs but maybe late season he will emerge. Pretty risky but not many options were left.
11. Texans - teams were starting to go for the tier 1 and 2 defenses, so I thought I would get in on the action. I like the Texans here and would not have them later so I pounced. I would have taken Emmanual Sanders or Alshon Jeffires, but I already had teammates, and that didn't make sense.
12. Brandon Myers - a good bye week filler with some upside. He has potential to outdo his ADP in NY if their offense clicks.
13. Carson Palmer - I think this guy is going to be top ten this year and felt fortunate to pick him this late as my bye week filler. He may even play well enough for a Strength of Schedule pick from time to time. I think he's going to do well this year and Arizona may be a team to watch...
14. Shonn Greene - I don't like this guy, but he was the best of the rest, and who knows what may happen in Ten with Chris Johnson (which one will play this year). So I used a flyer on him because you guys were taking all my deep sleepers ahead of the pick.
15. Eric Woods - all my late round flyers for WRs were gone, completely. So I just picked the best and maybe only WR2 left in the draft. But another rookie WR. He'll probably end up going away on a waiver pickup.
16 Steve Hauschka - what can I say, the best K available in the last pick. But I think he'll do alright. And I usually pick Ks weekly based on matchups.
So there you have it, struggled with RBs because of early QB pick and then scrambled for decent WRs late. You guys are tough and I'm going to predict I finish somewhere in the middle this year. Oh well, it wasn't going to last forever...