2013 Mako 2

Chum
Sand$: 97.92
Picking a QB early was the consensus conundrum it seems. I was monitoring the big boys draft in the Great White and Whale Shark leagues though, and Rodgers went in the 2nd round in all three. And Brees went in the third round in all three leagues. So I thought they must know something to be where they were... But our league drafted RBs more agressively than any of those leagues. By the 5th round, our league was a whole draft pick ahead of the other leagues in picking RBs. And the trend was starting in the 2nd round, so I should have adjusted.

But as I look at each other's team, we all had the same problems, and overall we look pretty balanced.

I like the Destin Destroyers and Bel Air Rat teams a little better than mine though. That's gonna make that West division a blood bath. Glad I'm not in it...

Boy...if you guys are as good in setting lineups and waivers, this is going to be a tough year.
Chum
Week 1 is past and it clears the scenery a bit.

Deep is the Deep threat I thought he would be. It's just not right that he has the emerging Kaepernick along with AP. And Cook was a stroke of genius. Now Daryl Richardson is looking like a threat. He's going to be tough to beat.

Destin I warned you about as having a great draft. And it's not just Manning...Welker is the better pick between him and Amendola, Ray may be sharing carries but is still a stud and Olsen is a great late pick. Watch out.

Rats I warned you about as well. Just too bad he ran into the Destroyers in the first match up. He'll get his. Nice pick up with Jordan, hope your team doesn't run into the injury bug with McFadden not very deep at RB if it happens...

Diggler looks to be on track with Megatron. And it looks like Griffin may pay off. Bush is a beast if he stays healthy and with Vereen out he will be troubled to replace him. First major injury affecting a team roster.

Retired, I got lucky this week and don't have the confidence right now. I've got a stable of so-so players beyond Marshall and Brees. Here's hoping that Richardson gets on track and DeSean keeps rolling or it's gonna be a tough year.

Oscar, sorry about that, your team looks pretty good though. Your starting WRs are great, both with hurlers getting them the ball. Rodgers will keep producing and you will keep winning. Just try not to do that in our return engagement.

Milkface, you scare me and we meet this week. Please screw up your starting lineup for me.

Zipper you have a great team if your boys would just wake up. Starting RBs are impressive especially McCoy, but your WRs need to produce like they're supposed to.

Hogs and Gladiator are looking upward right now.

Feel free to flame me....
Great White Shark
Sand$: 9,421.38
lost a tough one last week.. good game though.
Whale Shark
Sand$: 3,281.08
McPhisto - I dig the analysis, nice week 1 y'all.
Chum
Only three undefeated teams after two weeks, I told you this was going to be a tough league.
Nice participation too, all but 4 teams picked up waivers, 7 during the waiver sort, 5 with two waivers. Oscar then added to the list of waivers shortly after the sort resolution. Gladiator's pick of Edelman was fruitful, but in a losing effort. Zipper picked up the hot Julius Thomas, and saw good points, but still in a losing effort. I'll bet Edelman and Thomas were on everyone's list, they were on mine. Destin traded Raiders for Buc, should have kept the Bucs. Tha'ts it for the waiver comments. Hope you all sleep on this week's pickups.

Destin won again, for a 2-0 start. He is what I said we was, scary. Although it didn't help Diggler to have Jackson go out with an injury and Celek put up a goose egg. Rice may be hurt but Destin has the newly emerging Bernard to back him up. Greg Olsen is a stud now, and Destin will keep on winning....rats!

Foundation is quietly winning to go 2-0. Has some depth there and still picked 89% for starters. Good picking. Gladiator improved his WRs but may not have much back up, maybe the return of Josh Gordon will help this week and Blackmon in two weeks. But still has problems with MJD and David Wilson. The Wilson bust has got to hurt. Most are saying stay the course though.

I got lucky again and went 2-0 but will not gloat. I'm not winning big, and I'm lucky to have DeSean who has gone ballistic both weeks. Milkface would have won if Lacy didn't get hurt and Reggie had a normal day. I'll take some credit for picking 94% but that was lucky too.

Deep ran into a buzz saw with the Rats, but I told you about both of these teams. It was a slugfest and if it weren't for an injured(decoy) Roddy White, you probably wouldn't have seen Julio go nuts. But he is a stud. The Rats picked 95% and will continue winning with that kind of insight. But both of these teams will emerge at the end of the season.

Oscar bounced back and I'm glad he didn't have this week last week. That was a bold move to put Moreno in, I don't know if I would have pulled the trigger on that one. And Rodgers....well he's Rodgers. Proving that an early QB draft can be fruitful....tell that to Brees for me willya? BTW Oscar picked almost 100%, and had highest points. Sheesh, can you move to another division please? Hogs could have picked 100% and still would have lost by 20 points....sheesh. Hogs still has some life after Oscar though with some great depth at WR and RB with Bell.

Zipper got nipped by the Roddy White decoy play. But did anyone see 38 points out of The Beast? Not me. Commutes may be coming on and with Bell returning and Austin playing like most thought he would, he's going to be tough down the stretch.

That's it for now, happy waivering, oh nevermind, there are no waivers this week... [-X
Great White Shark
Oscar wrote:1- D.Martin at the 2... pretty much the safest pick

D. Martin probably out for the year...

There goes the 'safest pick'....
Chum
Yeah, well, I took Richardson as the 4th pick in the 1st round and look what that's gotten me...
Great White Shark
Week 9, I was hoping it will never come... my main players are on a bye... and playing for the division lead...
Great White Shark
with Rogers out... Eli Manning is my QB :shock:
Chum
That was a really unfortunate game for you. You were poised to take the game with Rodgers and Nelson, and then BooM!, you get screwed. If it's any consolation, I lost two of my other leagues with about the same bomb.
Great White Shark
McPhisto2 wrote:That was a really unfortunate game for you. You were poised to take the game with Rodgers and Nelson, and then BooM!, you get screwed. If it's any consolation, I lost two of my other leagues with about the same bomb.

Yeah, plus GB Def... Definitely affected the outcome of the game..
But hey, injuries are part of the game...
Go Eli-te...