Megalodon
Sand$: 68,193.84
A few posters were interested in how my team turned out with an Antonio Brown - Keenan Allen start. Here goes:

A few comments about the league before we dive in.

league info:
12 man conferences (NFC and AFC). Full PPR
Roster 20, starting QB, RB, 2WR, TE, 1 flex WRT, K, 2 DL, 2LB, 2 DB

This is a NFL style homer league with the requirement to start at least one home player on your team outside of the bye weeks. Teams can pick their draft spots per the the NFL draft order. Example: In AFC, Brows pick their draft spot first, followed by the Jets etc.. I am representing the Bengals and chose to pick #7.

With 13 starters and 7 backup spots, restorable depth will be very limited, expect no more than 4-5 RB and WR to be rostered, plenty of talent on the waiver wire, especially on the IDP side.

Draft site: http://www58.myfantasyleague.com/2018/o ... 44882&O=17

I will post my pre-pick thoughts and post pick analysis periodically if interested.

1.7 Antonio Brown WR
2.6 Keenan Allen WR
3.7 Alex Collins RB
4.6 Doug Baldwin WR
5.7 Jay Ajayi RB
Last edited by R2000 on Fri 08.17.2018, 14:18, edited 2 times in total.
Megalodon
1.7:

Pre-pick:
I was looking to go RB in the 1st round, expected Kamara at #7, assuming Brown would go #5, and Hunt #6 (KC homer pick).

Draft options:
Kamara/Hunt went #5 and #6, leaving me staring at Antonio Brown or Hopkins/Gordon if I was concerned about AB injuries.

Pick:
Went for broke, and chose to accept the gift of AB at #7.
Megalodon
2.6:

Pre-pick:
Hoped for a viable RB1 to drop in vain. I expected that I could at least select AJ Green as my homer pick if I had to go WR-WR

Draft options:
Suprisingly AJ Green went ahead of some tiger ADP WRs like Keenan Allen and Davante Adams. As expected, all the RB1 including Devonta Freeman were taken.

Looking at Keenan Allen, Davante Adams, McCaffery as BPA @ RB.

Pick:
This was an easy pick inspite of punting RB again for a 2nd time in a row. Keenan Allen all the way.
Last edited by R2000 on Fri 08.17.2018, 14:23, edited 1 time in total.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,852.28
Sorry to break into your thread....I've got the exact same start with my 1st two picks in the NFC...we can compare notes after if you want

Hey Everyone, we are going into the conference room to hear Doug's strategy as to why he picked four kickers in Fantasy Football....
Megalodon
sure sea dog, will be an interesting exercise but in a large part dependent on what our partners in the conference do. I am glad we can get away with starting 1 RB if necessary though. Makes it a lot easier on us.
Megalodon

Pre-pick:
Was hoping against hope for either Mixon or Kelce. Knew McKinnon and McCaffery would be taken. Kelce/Mixon went 2.10/3.3.Mike Evans @ 3.4 was great value for Titans.

Draft options:
RB: reach a bit for Collins, or choose McCoy
WR: plenty of WR2 available, including Diggs, Cooper and Baldwin

Pick:
I saw plenty of WR2 available and thought I had a good chance of landing one back in the return 4th round. Also had a couple of teams who went WR-WR to start at the #9 and #12 slots, so I decided to pick an RB I felt most comfortable with despite it being a reach. That was Alex Collins.

Did not consider Ertz/Rodgers.
Megalodon
4.6:

Pre-pick:
Was hoping for a WR2 of value or Ertz to drop. Lynch was the only major surprise taken @ 4.1.

Draft options:
Surprisingly, all the WR I considered seriously Cooper, Baldwin + Ertz made it to my pick

Pick:
Ertz would have been a hands on pick if neither of the 2 WRs dropped. Despite the knew injury, I expect Baldwin to be more consistent and get more targets than Cooper this year, who still has to contend with Jordy and Bryant. So, went Baldwin
Megalodon
5.7:

Pre-pick:
Was open to going in any direction based on where the value landed. Cooper went right after 4.8, bu Wilson/Ertz almost dropped to me at 5.3/5.4

Draft options:
None of value at QB/TE
WR: Watkins, Crabtree
RB: Ajayi ..... rookie RB, Ingram, Miller

Pick:
Given that I already had 3 top WRs, and none of value in the 5th, Ajayi seemed the best value on the board.

Having filled the RB/WR/flex positions, I now expect to look to fill the rest of the starting positions barring DB/K going BPA and backing RB/WR when someone of real value drops.

I feel slightly better now after my 5th round pick than after the 2nd and feel like I got away with the reach for Collins in the 3rd. It would seem like a completely normal draft if you flip flop the order in which Collins, Baldwin and Ajayi were taken.
Great White Shark
Here’s how my draft unfolded going WR-WR with my first two picks in the NFC of this same league. I had the 5th pick in the 1st round and the 8th pick in the 2nd round.

Pick 1.05 – Brown, Antonio PIT WR

In setting up my pre-draft way ahead of time I initially put Antonio Brown as my #5 pick. I seriously thought DJ might actually fall to 5th (yeah right). Anyways as it got closer to the draft I figured that I needed to go all RB with my pre-draft so I switched my 5th pre-draft to Kamara….or so I thought…I did it on my phone and whether the submit didn’t work or what, I just messed that up. So thinking I was going to be getting a RB with my first pick and began formulating a “strategy” based off of that…anyways things change and I got AB

Pick 2.08 - Allen, Keenan LAC WR

Really wrestled with this. RBs were flying off the board so I revamped my strategy. “Forget” RB and try to go for the 3 WR-1RB starting line-up. I’ve had a crappy RB before in this league and did pretty well, so I decided to forgo RB for the time being. Keenan Allen was IMO the best WR available so I went after him instead.

Pick 3.05 - Hilton, T.Y. IND WR

Going for broke with my 3 WR strategy with this pick. I figured with all the RBs going off the board that the tide would turn back to WR very soon, so I figured I’d try to get another decent one. Hilton is a gamble here, but I’m betting on Luck coming back this year and these two have the chemistry… Hilton could have a great year.

Pick 4.08 - Lewis, Dion TEN RB

Time for a RB (yeah a bit desperate I guess). If he stays healthy, Lewis is one of those guys that generally won’t hurt your team and like last year he was a huge boost. He seems to be playing with a little bit of a chip on his shoulder since the Pats let him go. I’m banking on him being above average fantasy production…also, I was thinking that I could get Henry and handcuff them together…Henry went a couple of picks before 5.05…

Pick 5.05 - Wagner, Bobby SEA LB

Home team player….I like to use LB or DB as my home team player if possible instead of relying on Seattle’s kicker. Wagner is a stud LB and last year I waited too long and missed my chance to get him. This may have been a little high for a LB pick, but sometimes I feel the IDPs in this league really go ADP and his name is right up there. Wasn’t sure I’d see him by my next pick.

Pick 6.08 - Woods, Robert LAR WR

Continuing to pound the WRs…Woods is a guy that I’m trying to get on all of my teams this year. I know, a lot of mouths to feed, and Goff isn’t any good, blah blah…Woods produced last year and I think he has developed chemistry with Goff….I’m going for it…

Pick 7.05 - Carson, Chris SEA RB

Okay, so I need to find a diamond in the rough at RB. Carson seems to be the back in Seattle – not Penny. I need to take a shot with him. Maybe he will way over produce his draft pick here (please, please). BTW, by now I’m getting real antsy about not picking a QB, but there seems to be a good list still left to pick from. Holding out there is a guy I want available next pick.

Pick 8.08 - Stafford, Matthew DET QB
Pick 9.05 - Goff, Jared LAR QB

I’ve got a lot of faith in both these guys this year from a fantasy perspective. They are not going to be the elite QBs but I can see them both doing pretty well. I’ve got stuck in this league before with a crappy QB so I think I’m doing all right with these two picks.

10.08 - Burkhead, Rex NEP RB

Never trust Patriot RBs…I know, I know, but I need another RB….for some reason NE is holding him out for pre-season with a small knee tear. I think they need him bad and have plans for him…if not off to the WW I go….

11.05 - Shepard, Sterling NYG WR
Was looking at Shepard and Tyrell Williams here. Since I already had K Allen, I went with Shepard. I’m hoping he builds off of last year.

I’m not going any further, but that’s how I’ve built my draft WR-WR (Antonio Brown-Keenan Allen). Feel free to rip on it all you want. I generally get poor draft grades especially in this league….whatever…
I am drafting 12th in another 12 team redraft and went WR-WR in that one too. I ended up with OBJ and M Thomas as my 1st two picks. Hey, I always say to myself “waiver wire is your friend” so I guess I’ll lean on that if these draft strategies don’t work out….

Hey Everyone, we are going into the conference room to hear Doug's strategy as to why he picked four kickers in Fantasy Football....
Megalodon
Let's compare after round 20, my draft went offtrack somewhere between rounds 9 and 16.

I was forced to go WR-WR in Blue 5, when the top 10 players drafted were all RB and #11 was AB. I went Hopkins & Beckham at the turn.
Megalodon
My team shaped up as

QB: Luck, Mariota
RB: Collins, Ajayi, SonyMichel
WR: ABrown, KAllen, DBaldwin, RCobb, SShepard
TE: Njoku, Ebron
K: Boswell
DL: Bosa, CCampbell, Dunlap
LB: Wagner, Trevathan
DB: ReshadJones, JamaalAdams

Yours
QB: Stafford, Goff
RB: DLewis, Burkhead, CCarson
WR: Brown, KAllen, TY Hilton, RWoods , Shepard, Lockett
TE: OJHoward
K: Gostkoswki
DL: Hunter, RQuinn
LB: Wagner , Mack, Jaylon Smith
DB: TMathhieu, Evans
Great White Shark
R2000 wrote:My team shaped up as

QB: Luck, Mariota
RB: Collins, Ajayi, SonyMichel
WR: ABrown, KAllen, DBaldwin, RCobb, SShepard
TE: Njoku, Ebron
K: Boswell
DL: Bosa, CCampbell, Dunlap
LB: Wagner, Trevathan
DB: ReshadJones, JamaalAdams

Yours
QB: Stafford, Goff
RB: DLewis, Burkhead, CCarson
WR: Brown, KAllen, TY Hilton, RWoods , Shepard, Lockett
TE: OJHoward
K: Gostkoswki
DL: Hunter, RQuinn
LB: Wagner , Mack, Jaylon Smith
DB: TMathhieu, Evans

Not too outrageous I guess...I don't really want to compare and contrast too much, but on paper, I think I would give the nod to you, but not overwhelmingly. However, based on my track record, I will be shocked if my team looks close to the same by the end of the year

Megalodon
I thought I had a good shot at best WR corps, but you have me beat clearly as depth and overall corps go.

I like my DL and DB better and maybe RB if they get healthy, but your WR are far superior and like MyesJack/Jaylor better than Trevathan, as well as your RB for now.

TE will be interesting.

I hated that there was not much choice at keeper options for Cincy once Green/Mixon were taken. Lesson for next year.
Great White Shark
Fair assessment....

Funny thing is that I wanted Njoku as a 2nd TE but he got taken so I opted to just go with 1 for now. For some reason, I punt on TE in this league. I guess with adding that as a new flex option I should have paid more attention....oh well...

Megalodon
Sand$: 143,177.07
1.10 Gordon, Melvin LAC RB - pleasantly surprised to land him. True bellcow.
2.03 Thomas, Michael NOS WR - ecstatic to land him.
3.10 Landry, Jarvis CLE WR - hopefully a solid #2
4.03 Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB - I never do this. Decided to give it a try.
5.10 Engram, Evan NYG TE - My most worrisome pick. Prime for a regression.
6.03 Jones, Deion ATL LB - Early but I was determined to get 2 set em and forget em LBs
7.10 Brown, Zach WAS LB - see above
8.03 Collins, Landon NYG S - knew my 2nd S would be weak so I made sure I got him for my 1st
9.10 Donald, Aaron LAR DE - much more value as a DT but still an elite option
10.03 Garcon, Pierre SFO WR - decent wr3 or bye week play
11.10 Griffen, Everson MIN DE - solid #2 DE
12.03 Carson, Chris SEA RB - may become a viable starter
13.10 Schobert, Joe CLE LB - solid #3
14.03 Zuerlein, Greg LAR PK - a little early but with a week 12 bye I don't need to address the position for awhile
15.10 Barber, Peyton TBB RB - see Carson comments
16.03 Kittle, George SFO TE - If he hadn't got banged up in the preseason game I think he goes sooner
17.10 Thompson, Chris WAS RB - probably doesn't stay on my roster long
18.03 Simmons, Justin DEN S - home player
19.10 Ross, John CIN WR - late round flier
20.03 Jones, Josh GBP S- a startng SS. Not much else to say

Despite the drop from 16 to 12, I stayed with my basic strategy for this league = fill out starters first. Benches are very short still. All in all, I'm satisfied with it.