Blue Shark
Sand$: 810.37
OK, Gary, I've finally come back to the IDP side of the fence, and am giving it another try. But now I've got a general question.

The league parameters are:
1 point for every Assisted Tackle
2 points for every Solo Tackle
7 points for every Interception
5 points for every Sack
4 points for every Fumble Forced
1 point for every Fumble Recovered
10 points for every Safety
6 points for every Defensive TD
2 extra points for every Defensive TD between 40 and 79 yards (inclusive)
4 extra points for every Defensive TD of 80 or more yards
3 points for every Pass Defended
2 points for every Conversion Return

We start 2 DL, 2 DB, and 2 LB, plus one flex.

Is it generally preferable to start a LB, a DB, or DL in that flex slot, or is it wise to start the best player on your roster?

Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,741.92
That's pretty balanced scoring so far as tackles vs. big plays. I'm still likely gonna want a LB as my flex most of the time, but pass-rushers could clean up too -- especially if the matchup's right.

Follow IDPSharks on Twitter!
Blue Shark
OK, thanks for the advice. I'll view a LB sort of as I do a RB in my offensive Flex spot. Start one if I can, but if there's a DE or S with a good matchup, consider one of those.

Chum
Sand$: 12.68
Waited on drafting my IDP's so this is what I have at LB: Thomas Davis, Telvin Smith and Derrick Johnson. Johnson is a big ? coming of the injury do any of these guys sound better than what I have? TJ Watt, Hightower, Foster, Vigil, Ahmad Brooks.

3 points sack, 2 INT, 1 tackle, 1 forced fumble, 1 pass defend
Thanks!
Great White Shark
Which Foster?

Assuming you mean Mason, I'd rather have him than Davis at this point. Sub snaps in Carolina are a crapshoot between him and Thompson.

SandShark
Sand$: 246.24
In a league that counts return yards, how attractive is Jabril Peppers?

Is he gonna be the starter there?
Blue Shark
I'm plugging Jabrill Peppers in my starting lineups. I don't think Cleveland drafted him in the first round to leave him on the bench. In he goes.

Great White Shark
Until wee see how the team plans to use him starting Peppers is risky.

Chum
Sand$: 40.40
Hi Gary,

I've been following you over at the IDP guru for the last couple of years and find you insight very helpful on a week to week basis. Your weekly ranking, Every down Linebackers and especially your Tuesday IDP waiver wire pickups are particularly helpful. Thanks for all the choice advice over the years!!

My question for you is this, I have Lavonte David on the bye this week and only have De'Vontre Campbell on my bench to fill in for him and as he is not an every down LB only averaging just over 4.3 tkls last year. I also have T.J. Watt starting which I'm also not sure about. There is a few decent options on the waiver wire that I'm considering and really could use your advise.

Available Free Agents: 1) Todd Davis ( Like his upside, Everydown player, Avg. 5.6 total TKLS as starter last year, TJ Ward gone)
2) Corey James ( Great play as starter last year Avg 6.8 TKLS over 5 games, but burned by Raider LBs before)
3) Korey Toomer ( Really like him as well, Whoping 7.6 TKLS as starter 2016, not sure if starting)
4) Marquel Lee ( Rookie on a short leash and not everydown LB, but starting MLB)
5) David Harris ( Wiley Vet, but I agree with you in not trusting NE LBs)

I really like the first 3 and am considering dropping Campbell and possibly Watt for 2 of these guys. What do you think , Brother?

Defensive Player Scoring system is very tackle heavy and is as follows:
Solo Tackle : 3 pts
Assist Tackle: 1 pt
Sack: 5
Int: 5
FF: 2
FR: 2
Def TD: 6
Safety: 3
Pass Def: 2
Blk Kick: 2
Tkl for Loss: 1

Defence Roster is: D/D/DB/DB/DL/LB/LB

With the league scoring system you can see that LBs and lots of tackles are key to success and winning.

Thanks again Gary for all your advice and wisdom!!

Cheers
Great White Shark
Watt and Campbell out. Toomer and either Davis or James in.

Chum
Thanks Gary, If your ever in Newfoundland beers on me!!

In my other IDP league. I am starting Brandon Marshall and Vince Williams as my #3 and #4 LBs respectively. On my bench I have BJ Goodson and Haason Reddick, I like both these guys for their potential, but would you drop either of them for a Toomer/Cory James/Wesley Woodyard ?

If you would pick either of these guys up would you start them over Marshall or Williams?

Thanks again Gary!
Great White Shark
Hard call...but I like Toomer quite a bit.

Chum
Hey Gary, wondering your thoughts on Ron Parker last night and going forward. With Berry apparently out for the year with a torn Achilles and Parker going off in his own right with 10 solos and an assist would you recommend an immediate pick up?

Thanks
Great White Shark
I knew this was coming.

The Patriots give up big stat lines to deep safeties from time to time. But that's probably also the biggest game Parker will have all season long.

That's not to say he doesn't have SOME value, but I wouldn't stampede to grab him in shallower formats. Don't get carried away after one game.

The Berry injury doesn't mean a ton for him. Maybe a few more tackle opps, but his role will be the same(ish) next week that it was Thursday.

Chum
Good perspective, He really only had 2 good games last year against the Saints 7 tkls and the Titans 9 tkls. Other than that he averaged a very non-dynamic 3.25 Solos and 0.56 Assists a game.

Thanks for talking me off the ledge.