11-2, secured #1 seeding and bye week.

Roster Moves

Wk 12:

IN: D.Manning (S, HOU)
OUT: A.Bigby (S, SDC)
IN: S.Brown (CB, CLE)
OUT: D.Butler (CB, IND)

Pretty straightforward moves.

Bigby's gone down injured, the Skrine gravy i thought would dry up with the return to health of a couple of starters - and it is - hence the Brown add.

Wk 13:

IN: D.Moses (LB, GBP)
OUT: B.Skrine (CB, CLE)

With confirmation that Skrine's usefulness is at an end i picked up a player who has a soft home stretch if there are any regressions or delays with Clay Matthew's recovery timetable. With the depth i have i probably wont use him, but thatd be some pass rush GBP can operate if they move fwds with one on either side. So im taking a longer view with that ...

The playoff picture then:

Congratz to all who're here and commiserations to all that arent. Its a tough league and i expect itll all change come next season!

I'll update this some more with some commentary on those teams in action during the bye and WW info in the coming days.

EDIT: Ill update this accordingly, but all change. Joe (Red October) pipped us to #1 spot and as a result my bye will see me matchup against one of Porch Crawlers or Amity in wk2. Well done Joe!
Great White Shark
Sand$: 7,741.92
Congrats on an excellent regular season sir. :thumbright:

Follow IDPSharks on Twitter!
SandShark
Sand$: 156.00
Kilroy1872 wrote:Congrats on an excellent regular season sir. :thumbright:

From another team owner that has taken on a team languishing in the basement of the league. Who is also another year into rebuild and with yet another post season appearance?

Id say its a case of well deserved congrats all around =D> =D>
SandShark
Not much time, but compelled to update ...

Those two L's - either one of them (one thanks to a pts correction turning a slender win into a even more slender loss and an outright hammering at the hands of October) - which cost me #1 seed is biting me in the rump right now.

As usual the Amity/Bitten game is another close one.

Im down 8 Pts heading into tonights game. I got two left to play, hes played out. Thats the good news.

The bad news? Its my DT & DE im left counting on ...

J.Casey & M.Wilkerson

Its doable. But its very far from being very likely too.

Theres also alot to catch up on from the 1st round of playoffs too, all of which i'll do tomorrow. You have my word :D As well as looking fwds to whoever makes the finals and the roster dilemmas theyll both be facing.

Well played Gary, whichever way it goes down. Another great season and another close game. =D> =D>

SandShark
Well, we did it.

15 FPts (largely thanks to Mo Wilkerson wading in with 12 Pts - we needed 7 - +4 Pts of which came from a great play - blocked FG) made it look better than it was. Clemons monster game vs the Bills current injury ravaged line was a great matchup and almost sank us.

As did the decision to risk playing Ahmad Black while TBB were playing musical chairs in the secondary (injuries).

Great game and you always know a game with Gary will be a comeptitive game and a 3rd/4th place finish and a 2nd conseuctive play off appearance since taking over a team ranked #12 is no mean feat and shouldnt be overlooked. Great job, sir =D>

Rusty Nails vs Shark Bitten in the Final
SandShark
Play-Offs:

Some very close games. When you consider its 2pts for a solo and 1 for an assist and we start 1 DT, 2 DE, 3 LBs, 2 CBs, 2 S's & 1 Flex at any position and you can see what i mean when i say really tight. Those 3 games could easily have gone a different way on another day. Heck, they could easily have gone differently on the night!!

Game/surprise of the play-offs, looking at the form book, must be the 6-7 Rusty Nails sweeping past the 11-2, #1 seed 146 - 120. Well played Gina and commiserations to Joe who had another great season :thumbright: =D>

You can find more detailed Info on how the play-offs shook down via the MFL site here
SandShark
Next Season:

The problem with this team, is its owner :stupid:

Those safeties i gambled earlier on in the season (and it paid off for a while) have gone far, far away ...

TJWard: IR. Thanks a bundle :F We're such a thankless bunch in FF ...
    Kurt Coleman: Being moved to FS, that could diminish his value, have no impact, or (unlikely but possible) increase his value. Debate away, but its pretty much the last thing you want to hear going into your championship game of a player you were - more or less - counting on.
    Corey Lynch: Im not sure you can consider yourself in good shape when youre counting on Lynch to be a "Lynch-pin" at the back. And i am.

EDIT: WW Adds:
    Colt Anderson: The "New" SS in PHI. His stats to date havent been what youd call prolific by any standards. Hes on the roster purely because i dont know what will happen to Colemans numbers. Not a clue.

At this point im really glad i drafted Harrison Smith.

Not so glad i cut him as i thought i had decent depth with Bigby, Coleman, Smith & TJ. Simply awesome work, fella :F

Its something ill need to address this offseason - so if anyone reading this is in the league & might be in the market to move some safety depth and/or might need to make their cuts this offseason, then look me up! I have depth at DE & LB ...
SandShark
UPDATE:

Remember the safety mess and how i was counting on Lynch?

Well in another k-nick in the k-nackers, SDC are going to roll with Brandon Taylor at Safety.

As a result, ive been trying to find something on the WW ... its slim pickings at best. In fact TBH Slim Pickens would be a viable option at this point for the guys at the back :F

Corey Graham (BAL) is the best of a bad bunch right now. Hes been picked up and Lynch dropped.

Its an FF rule: If you have too many Corey's on your team you'll start to grow 80's hair. If youre of a certain age youll know what i mean ;)

Another move?

Dropped Cassius Vaughn, added Jabari Greer @CB.
SandShark
CONGRATULATIONS TO BUNNYWAFER!!!

IDP! TANKED CHAMPION 2012

It was a well fought game and i dont think either of us left all that much on the bench to be honest.

I had a catalogue of disaster at Safety which didnt help, but even so the winning margin suggests it mightnt have made all that much of a difference. Credit to Bunny who beat #1 & #2 seed en route to the championship!

I'll give a run down of off-season needs and roster assesment in the next couple of weeks, but for now heres the boxscore :)

Red October finished #3 and Gary #4 (with another post season playoff spot from another delinquent team from only 2yrs back) in an incredibly close game. Well done all =D> =D> =D> :party-smiley-050:
Whale Shark
Sand$: 14.92
IDPeople wrote:CONGRATULATIONS TO BUNNYWAFER!!!

IDP! TANKED CHAMPION 2012

It was a well fought game and i dont think either of us left all that much on the bench to be honest.

I had a catalogue of disaster at Safety which didnt help, but even so the winning margin suggests it mightnt have made all that much of a difference. Credit to Bunny who beat #1 & #2 seed en route to the championship!

I'll give a run down of off-season needs and roster assesment in the next couple of weeks, but for now heres the boxscore :)

Red October finished #3 and Gary #4 (with another post season playoff spot from another delinquent team from only 2yrs back) in an incredibly close game. Well done all =D> =D> =D> :party-smiley-050:

What was the name of the delinquent team from 2 years back?

:firestarter:

2012 Feeding Frenzy Champion
2015 Dirty Dozen Champion
Megalodon
Sand$: 20,067.06
NMGhostrider wrote:What was the name of the delinquent team from 2 years back?

Allegheny Archtops i believe?

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
Sand$: 15,470.86
jamcutpost wrote:

I use that team name and have never been a delinquent owner in anything.
Megalodon
Sand$: 20,067.06
jesteva wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:

I use that team name and have never been a delinquent owner in anything.

Sorry :D

1) Yes, it was the Archtops
    2) Yes, Jesteva has never been a delinquent owner. In fact, you'd have to go a very, very long way to find a more conscientious or more thorough owner.
    3) No, i dont believe anyone said it was the owner that was delinquent. Tho, im sure there are doormen in & around the Carsont St environs that may debate that on occasion :)

When i used delinquent i was using it in the classical sense (delinquere: de - away & linquere - to leave). Vacant would have been just as accurate in terms of what was meant.

Colloquialism ftw and apolgies if there was any misunderstanding. Dare i say, mea culpa? :D

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
Sand$: 15,470.86
My attorneys have withdrawn the slander litigation that was pending.

We're good. :lol:
Chum
Sand$: 73.04
Lol