Reshad jones

Blue Shark
Sand$: 1,599.63
What do you guys think about reshad jones for the rest of the year? Everywhere I look he's still rated a top 2 db both for the week and the rest of the year but the guy hasn't done anything through 3 games so far. He's far and away the lowest scoring defender on my roster and I need to get rid of someone for a trade or waiver pickup that will help me fill a hole. So what do you guys think? Am I crazy to be considering trading or even dropping him?

My D team:
We start 2 db, 2 lb, and 2 flex
R jones
J Peppers
M Farley
Cj Mosley
J Davis
B Marshall
Kirksey
Blue Shark
Sand$: 810.37
I love Reshad Jones. Not. He started in my lineup week 2, week 3, and week 4. He did very little. He was pedestrian. I benched him for week 5, based on the matchup, and he went off. I don't know what to do with him. He has no consistency, and I agree with your assessment. Maybe I'll find a spot in my roster and just leave him in, more of a dice roll. Ridiculous.

Megalodon
Sand$: 19,898.64
Reshad Jones, in most std scoring leagues is a top 5 DB.

Im including CBs in that.

Trading any DB is never crazy. Dime a dozen and its one of only a few positions its possible (emphasis on possible, not easy, not without a lot of risk) its possible to stream (Unless you have specific Safety & CB limitations)

If you can get good value for him, like with any player, then do it.

Otherwise, i definitely wouldnt drop him just yet.

He plays in and around the box, on a D that figures to be on the field plenty (based on early results), playing behind LBs that (Kiko aside) arent great.

Thats a good recipe for Safety production.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,932.30
Jones is the #1 DB in our league, and has posted two big games in a row. Losing him is crazy.
Blue Shark
Very inconsistent, but when he produces it's impressive. It might be the nature of the DB position, as I'm finding out the hard way.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 5,932.30
DB's seem to be more volatile, but that's why you should hang on to ones who have reasonably low floors and the potential to explode. Just curious what you wound up doing with him.
Blue Shark
I hung onto him. He'll be a keeper another season. I might just have to plug the "best" guys in and not overthink it. If they have a bad game, those are the breaks.