IDP cutdown

Megalodon
Sand$: 51,846.20
Thoughts on Dareus and David Irving value in DT required leagues?

I also need to cut about 4-5 IDP players. Recommendations?

DT (start 1): Irving, Dareus
DE (start 2): Mario Addison, Vic Beasley, Jerry Hughes, Noah Spence, Cameron Wake
LB (start 2-4): Telvin Smith, Reuben Foster, DBucannon, Darren Lee, B McKinney, JBostic, Navarro Bowman
CB (start 1-3): Darby
S (start 1-3) : Budda Baker, Tyvon Branch, Quandre Diggs, Matthias Farley, Micah Hyde, Adrian Phillips

League has a slight bias for big play with yardage for splash plays like return/defensive TD, sacks, fumbles, interceptions.
Megalodon
Sand$: 126,313.79
Telvin, Bucannon, Hyde, Baker, Beasley. No brainers.

:)

Megalodon
Sand$: 19,915.58
R2000 wrote:Thoughts on Dareus and David Irving value in DT required leagues?

I also need to cut about 4-5 IDP players. Recommendations?

DT (start 1): Irving, Dareus
DE (start 2): Mario Addison, Vic Beasley, Jerry Hughes, Noah Spence, Cameron Wake
LB (start 2-4): Telvin Smith, Reuben Foster, DBucannon, Darren Lee, B McKinney, JBostic, Navarro Bowman
CB (start 1-3): Darby
S (start 1-3) : Budda Baker, Tyvon Branch, Quandre Diggs, Matthias Farley, Micah Hyde, Adrian Phillips

League has a slight bias for big play with yardage for splash plays like return/defensive TD, sacks, fumbles, interceptions.

Dark Blue are your blue chip/ keepers.
Green are the guys id err towards keeping if possible, but are vulnerable.
Red guys id absolutely cut as things stand

Everyone else, imho, is potentially expendable as things stand. Some have more upside than others. It'll come down to your personal preference, overall roster makeup, draft picks available & whats on the waiver wire as to who will go.

Couple of interesting guys/ situations to watch out for?

Cam Wake & Adrian Phillips.

With Wake itll depend on fitness and snap counts ... With Phillips, what they do at LB in LA. Reason he was hot last season is they were using him as an emergency LB thanks to a glut of injuries (Perryman, Jatavis etc). If they continue to do that? Hes another green or potentially even a blue. If they dont? Not worth a lot.

Both are volatile stock. Going to be worth more to the current owner than anyone else and either be worth something or nothing with little in between.

Bucannon

Would consider trading him away, but *only* if you can get the price you want (So dont do it at cutdowns!) and *only* if youre not in a championship window.

Its not that i dont like him (I put him in Blue, dont forget! )but the bigger picture doesnt make it a bad idea (Slightly smaller than the norm means he plays nicked up a bit + its a good/ deep LB class this year) to kick around either.

If he can perform more like he did in yrs 1 & 2 and less like 3 & 4, selling might be sub optimal, but this early, its personal pref. Be interesting to see how he does a Will - hes certainly got the speed & instincts for it, if not the bulk.

So, if youre in a "Championship window"? Ignore this.

If you have holes elsewhere, though? This is a draft class (perhaps barring impact WRs) - esp at QB, RB & LB - that is a good one to stock up on.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
Thank you JCP! :thumbright:

Curious about Addison and Noah Spence cuts mentioned.

Thought Addison was beginning to establish himself as the primary DE in Carolina?

I thought Spence might be too early to give up on? Is it the signings of DP Paul and Curry, or Spene's performance/lack of so far that concerns you?
Last edited by R2000 on Fri 06.08.2018, 13:02, edited 1 time in total.
Megalodon
scootm44 wrote:Telvin, Bucannon, Hyde, Baker, Beasley. No brainers.

:)

:lol: Glad this post entertained you. LMK if you want first dibs/trade on players I may/may not cut. :wink:

I probably should have removed my for-sure keepers but wanted to give a holistic picture of each position so that they might potentially help in identifying cut players at strong vs weak positions.
Megalodon
Sand$: 19,915.58
R2000 wrote:Thank you JCP! :thumbright:

Curious about Addison and Noah Spence cuts mentioned.

Thought Addison was beginning to establish himself as the primary DE in Carolina?

I thought Spence might be too early to give up on? Is it the signings of DP Paul and Curry, or Spene's performance/lack of so far that concerns you?

Spence

Yeah, JPP & Curry both big name FA acquisitions make me think id cut Spence for roster cut downs.

He isnt a bad player, but if you like him? Dollars to doughnuts, hes likely going to be there when you get around to reacquiring players (draft & WW).

Addison

I dont feel strongly about the trio of: Wake, Hughes, Addison.

Feel free to flip the red, green and black any way you like on those 3. Itd be a brave man to pound the table about any one being vastly superior to any of those other 2 at this stage of the season.

The only thing that worries me a little bit about Addison is that Carolina tend to cycle their DEs more than most. Some of that is due to age (Peppers) and out of necessity.

I quite like Marquis Haynes, i think he was a bit undervalued coming out and was glad to see a team move up for him.

So yeah, he could be still be the best of those trio of DEs (Wake, Hughes & Addison) but he does come with some negatives as well as positives.

But then thats true of all 3 of those guys, so pick your poison! :D

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
:thumbright: