IDP news and notes

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 33,507.08
Vikings | M. Johnson to receive blocking support
Fri, 22 Sep 2006 08:50:12 -0700

Don Seeholzer, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell said the team will assist right tackle Marcus Johnson in Week 3 as he matches up against Chicago Bears DE Adewale Ogunleye. "There's some things that we can do to help him out, and we'll do that," offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell said. The club will likely use a running back or tight end to stalemate Ogunleye and assist Johnson, who struggled versus Carolina Panthers DE Julius Peppers in Week 2.

Titans | Haynesworth leaves practice early
Fri, 22 Sep 2006 08:26:59 -0700

Teresa M. Walker, of the Associated Press, reports Tennessee Titans DT Albert Haynesworth (shoulder) left practice early Thursday, Sept. 21, with a shoulder burner.

Lions | Bullocks believes he's ready to produce
Fri, 22 Sep 2006 08:26:58 -0700

Chrissie Zavicar, of DetroitLions.com, reports Detroit Lions rookie S Daniel Bullocks, who will see significant playing time in place of injured S Kenoy Kennedy (foot) during Week 3, believes he has the physical tools to succeed at this level, but the mental aspect needs some maturation. "I feel like I'm right in the mix, it's just that the mental part of it you kind of have to work your way up in," said Bullocks. "Everybody's much smarter – they out-think you. That's the hard part to come in and try adapt to; [players] getting much smarter on the field, watching film and learning tendencies of the players. I've got to keep poised at the beginning of the game so I don't get too excited or overexcited – just be patient and let it come to me."

Bears | C. Harris looking to rebound after demotion
Fri, 22 Sep 2006 07:53:57 -0700

Larry Mayer, of ChicagoBears.com, reports Chicago Bears S Chris Harris was disappointed after being demoted in favor of rookie S Danieal Manning at the starting free safety position heading into Week 3. But Harris, a second-year pro, will continue to push to re-gain his starting role. "I'm disappointed and upset, but being upset isn't going to do anything about it," Harris said. "So I'll just keep going back to work and keep doing what I've been doing. I'll just have to go out there and get better; make sure I'm fundamentally sound with my techniques."

Jets | Rhodes displaying leadership skills
Fri, 22 Sep 2006 07:44:36 -0700

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports New York Jets second-year S Kerry Rhodes has displayed strong leadership skills that have garnered the attention of first-year head coach Eric Mangini. "Kerry's really embracing the idea of being a core communicator," Mangini said. "There's his preparation during the week, his maturity." Rhodes is coming off his best game of his career during Week 2, in which he recorded a team-leading 11 tackles, one sack and a forced fumble. "Coach told me I had the potential to be a good leader," Rhodes said, "so I've tried to put it out there on the field and see what I can do. It's working so far."

I used to be good at Fantasy Football......no really!
Great White Shark
Sand$: 8,535.00
Nice, you have anything on Takeo? :?
Megalodon
Sand$: 5,512.00
on the panthers front:
colin branch fills in for shaun williams
Starter Shaun Williams (SS) is listed as doubtful, as he has been since opening day, and not expected to play Sunday. The Panthers will turn to Colin Branch, and they're just fine with that.
Pat Yasinkas Charlotte Observer Posted on Fri, Sep. 22, 2006

chris draft moves into the MLB spot
MR. VERSATILITY: Chris Draft just shrugged. Switching positions is nothing new for him. The Panthers' versatile backup, who started the last two weeks at weakside linebacker, said he was moving inside again as the Panthers try to find a combination of linebackers that work.

"I feel comfortable in the middle, and that's the one I'm playing this week," Draft said. "That's the one I played in Atlanta, it's the one I played all last year. It's the one I've got the most looks at in this defense. I have the most history with it, so that's where I feel more comfortable.

"As far as game time, experience in this defense, that's what I know. I know the mike position."

If he starts there this week, it would mean second-year linebacker Adam Seward returns to his backup/special teams role. That would also likely signal a return to the weakside starting job for Na'il Diggs, who won the job in training camp, missed the opener with a knee injury and played as a reserve and on special teams, although the Panthers have more options there.

Seward has looked good against the run in two games, but has struggled on passing downs with coverage assignments. He was in after starter Dan Morgan left the opener with a concussion.

"That's just how it's going right now," Draft said. " We've lost some games and in the process we've lost some people. Which this makes it a little harder to get going, but it's something we have to do. At the end of the day, nobody really cares., ... all they know is we're 0-2."
By Darin Gantt · The Herald - Updated 09/22/06 - 8:00 AM
http://www.heraldonline.com/247/story/7051.html
Last edited by raynman on Sat 09.23.2006, 09:12, edited 1 time in total.

Great White Shark
Sand$: 1,516.48
Kingctb27 wrote:Nice, you have anything on Takeo? :?

September 22, 2006, 10:29
Bills :: LB, DB

LB Spikes, S Bowen Game Time Decisions
Chris Brown, BuffaloBills.com - [Full Article]

Bills HC Dick Jauron said that both S Matt Bowen and LB Takeo Spikes will be game time decisions this week. He said with Takeo they'll err on the side of caution. LB Mario Haggan and rookie S Donte Whitner would likely start if Spikes and Bowen can't play.
Great White Shark
Sand$: 8,535.00
seadog wrote:
Kingctb27 wrote:Nice, you have anything on Takeo? :?

September 22, 2006, 10:29
Bills :: LB, DB

LB Spikes, S Bowen Game Time Decisions
Chris Brown, BuffaloBills.com - [Full Article]

Bills HC stick Jauron said that both S Matt Bowen and LB Takeo Spikes will be game time decisions this week. He said with Takeo they'll err on the side of caution. LB Mario Haggan and rookie S Donte Whitner would likely start if Spikes and Bowen can't play.

Who would have thought, a game time decision... :?
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 63,882.52
S Kerry Rhodes (ankle) was not limited on Friday and will start Sunday. (PFS/New York)
Supreme Megalodon
CB/R Phillip Buchanon (ankle) practiced on Thursday and Friday and is expected to play. (PFS/Houston)
Supreme Megalodon
DE Dwight Freeney (buttock) missed practice again Friday and is will be a difficult game time decision. (PFS/Indianapolis)
Supreme Megalodon
DE Marcellus Wiley (groin) was downgraded to doubtful on Friday and isn't expected to play. (PFS/Jacksonville)

SS Troy Polamalu (shoulder) was upgraded to probable after practicing on Friday. Polamalu will be in Sunday's starting lineup.(PFS/Pittsburgh)

CB Deltha O’Neal (knee) practiced Friday and will start Sunday vs Pittburgh. (PFS/Cincinnati)

CB Brian Kelly (foot) was expected to practice this week but once again was on the sidelines for Friday's team drills. Kelly is likely to give way to Juran Bolden for yet another game. (PFS/Tampa Bay)

According to the Denver Post, "DE Courtney Brown (knee) practiced this week, but Shanahan has said he doesn't expect Brown to play until Oct. 9 against Baltimore at the earliest."
Supreme Megalodon
Sheppard will miss Sunday's game against San Francisco after spraining his ankle in the first series of the season opener. The Eagles' cornerback also missed the final six games of last season with an ankle injury, but still recorded 28 tackles and a forced fumble on the season.

VIEW: Sheppard's backup, Rod Hood, is also doubtful with a heel strain, but Joselio Hanson will go if both players are out.
(STATS, Inc.)
Supreme Megalodon
McGinest is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against Baltimore. The Browns linebacker, who tested his strained calf during practice on Friday, said there's a chance he could play. The veteran was listed as probable for last week's game but decided to sit out after a flare-up during warmups.

VIEW: McGinest spent 12 years with the Patriots, but signed a three-year, $12 million contract in March. Without him in last week's loss to Cincinnati, the Browns were unable to orchestrate their defensive plan, which was designed around him.
(STATS, Inc.)
Supreme Megalodon
Kennedy will miss Sunday's game against Green Bay, according to injury reports. The Detroit safety injured his foot during the Lions 34-7 loss to Chicago on Sept. 17.
Supreme Megalodon
Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports Tennessee Titans FS Chris Hope has been fined $7,500 by the NFL for a horse-collar tackle of San Diego Chargers RB Michael Turner during Week 2.
Supreme Megalodon
Clarence E. Hill Jr., of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, reports Dallas Cowboys LB DeMarcus Ware has been fined $5,000 by the league for his helmet-to-helmet hit on Washington Redskins QB Mark Brunell Week 2. Ware attempted to ease up and was flagged for roughing the passer. He is planning to appeal the fine.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 33,507.08
nice work guys, maybe we should sticky this?

I used to be good at Fantasy Football......no really!