User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 28306
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006
Sand$: 37,032.26
If I'm not mistaken, back when he was being recruited, geography played a crucial role in his decision because his father wasn't in good shape, and he wanted to be close to home..


That was making the rounds in the college recruiting sites and blogs when Pryor was in the short hairs of making his decision. I've discounted it because if that was a big factor, he'd have went to Penn State which if I recall correctly, is where his Dad wanted him to go.

As far as his propsects are concerned, he may be hugely talented in terms of athleticism but those skills are not translating into him being an effective college QB. At this point, although early, can you really project him as an NFL caliber starting QB?

The emergence of mid major college type QB's who demonstated the pro-style attributes needed to succeed in the NFL like Flacco and Ben should be more than enough evidence to demonstrate to NFL scouts that they need to stop drafting athletes who happen to play the QB position with the intent of coaching them up after they are drafted.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 34652
Joined: Mon Sep 6, 2004
Sand$: 42,026.62
jesteva wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, back when he was being recruited, geography played a crucial role in his decision because his father wasn't in good shape, and he wanted to be close to home..


That was making the rounds in the college recruiting sites and blogs when Pryor was in the short hairs of making his decision. I've discounted it because if that was a big factor, he'd have went to Penn State which if I recall correctly, is where his Dad wanted him to go.

As far as his propsects are concerned, he may be hugely talented in terms of athleticism but those skills are not translating into him being an effective college QB. At this point, although early, can you really project him as an NFL caliber starting QB?

The emergence of mid major college type QB's who demonstated the pro-style attributes needed to succeed in the NFL like Flacco and Ben should be more than enough evidence to demonstrate to NFL scouts that they need to stop drafting athletes who happen to play the QB position with the intent of coaching them up after they are drafted.

Well, I dont think Buckeye or college football fans in general are too interested in his NFL prospects at the moment. The reality is, it takes a lot of effort to hinder the success of someone as exceptionally talented as Pryor at the college level - and that's all coaching.

One needs to look no further than Texas pre-Vince and with-Vince. They were your standard, balanced offense with Major Applewhite and Chris Simms. When VY(whose just as highly-rated and dumb and raw as Pryor) stepped in, they introduced the zone-read option. The rest is history. Ohio State continues to give Pryor like 2 designed runs a game. It's retarded. But I'm sure they'll figure it out for the Game and promptly rush for 400 yards against us.
_______________________________________

I'm a dude.
Megalodon
Posts: 20302
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004
Sand$: 44,517.42
So what other mid Sophomore QBs, who will be great, do you guys want to hack on?
_______________________________________

Gotta love the AAFC and AFL3 teams playing for the NFL Championship.

On FF sabbatical.
2016: FSNFL, P$B, Wall, Dyno$, Uber, College, DeathMatch, HoP
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 37331
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 162,568.48
The BlueBeards wrote:So what other mid Sophomore QBs, who will be great, do you guys want to hack on?


You do know you posted this in the Pryor thread.
_______________________________________

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 58921
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 120,572.18
birddog wrote:
The BlueBeards wrote:So what other mid Sophomore QBs, who will be great, do you guys want to hack on?


You do know you posted this in the Pryor thread.
Yea, bluebeards must have a different definition of great than you and I.
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 37331
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 162,568.48
OarChambo wrote:
birddog wrote:
The BlueBeards wrote:So what other mid Sophomore QBs, who will be great, do you guys want to hack on?


You do know you posted this in the Pryor thread.
Yea, bluebeards must have a different definition of great than you and I.


The kids had 'em by the horns tonight, Oary ... they could've been somebody.
_______________________________________

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 58921
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 120,572.18
birddog wrote:
OarChambo wrote:
birddog wrote:
The BlueBeards wrote:So what other mid Sophomore QBs, who will be great, do you guys want to hack on?


You do know you posted this in the Pryor thread.
Yea, bluebeards must have a different definition of great than you and I.


The kids had 'em by the horns tonight, Oary ... they could've been somebody.
Ohio State's MVP was Tate Forcier.

Athleticism wins at the college level, but it'll take a lot more than that to win at the pro level.
Megalodon
Posts: 20302
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004
Sand$: 44,517.42
Ha, yea keep telling yourselves he sucks...especially for a sophomore who just won a Rose Bowl. :lol:
_______________________________________

Gotta love the AAFC and AFL3 teams playing for the NFL Championship.

On FF sabbatical.
2016: FSNFL, P$B, Wall, Dyno$, Uber, College, DeathMatch, HoP
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 37331
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 162,568.48
The BlueBeards wrote:Ha, yea keep telling yourselves he sucks...especially for a sophomore who just won a Rose Bowl. :lol:


Umm... FYI.. Brooks Bollinger won a Rose Bowl as a Freshman..

Pryor better start learning how to come out of his breaks quick and get both feet down you drunk homer :lol: :lol:
_______________________________________

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Megalodon
Posts: 20302
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2004
Sand$: 44,517.42
Pryor!

RAAaaarrrrrhhHHh!!@!!@1!
_______________________________________

Gotta love the AAFC and AFL3 teams playing for the NFL Championship.

On FF sabbatical.
2016: FSNFL, P$B, Wall, Dyno$, Uber, College, DeathMatch, HoP
User avatar
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 37331
Joined: Tue Sep 6, 2005
Sand$: 162,568.48
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



Congrats on the Rose bowl win BlueBeards !!!!


:lol:
_______________________________________

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
User avatar
Great White Shark
Posts: 7785
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005
Sand$: 2,720.72
birddog wrote:
The BlueBeards wrote:Ha, yea keep telling yourselves he sucks...especially for a sophomore who just won a Rose Bowl. :lol:


Umm... FYI.. Brooks Bollinger won a Rose Bowl as a Freshman..

Pryor better start learning how to come out of his breaks quick and get both feet down you drunk homer :lol: :lol:


Well BB was a good CFB player too. And Pryor is way more hurt than people realize.

Also, that game wasn't as close as the score indicated. We completely dominated Oregon. They were only on the board because their special teams was solid and ours was suspended.

Suck it world...we just won the Rose Bowl...AGAIN!!!
:twisted:
_______________________________________

Image
User avatar
Mako Shark
Posts: 556
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006
Sand$: 1,467.58
ross3650 wrote:
birddog wrote:
The BlueBeards wrote:Ha, yea keep telling yourselves he sucks...especially for a sophomore who just won a Rose Bowl. :lol:


Umm... FYI.. Brooks Bollinger won a Rose Bowl as a Freshman..

Pryor better start learning how to come out of his breaks quick and get both feet down you drunk homer :lol: :lol:


Well BB was a good CFB player too. And Pryor is way more hurt than people realize.

Also, that game wasn't as close as the score indicated. We completely dominated Oregon. They were only on the board because their special teams was solid and ours was suspended.

Suck it world...we just won the Rose Bowl...AGAIN!!!
:twisted:


We dominated the game and kept Oregon in check for the most part. 42 minutes of time of possession is nice. Limited Oregons offensive chances.

Pryor is becoming a good college QB but he has got to work on his decision making. He needs to make quicker decisions. He won't be able to play QB in the NFL while sitting in the pocket moving around trying to decide what to do.

Anyway, it feels good to win the Rose Bowl and continue to show how overrated the PAC10 was this year.
User avatar
Megalodon
Posts: 21737
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004
Sand$: 101,817.02
nateb wrote:
ross3650 wrote:
birddog wrote:
The BlueBeards wrote:Ha, yea keep telling yourselves he sucks...especially for a sophomore who just won a Rose Bowl. :lol:


Umm... FYI.. Brooks Bollinger won a Rose Bowl as a Freshman..

Pryor better start learning how to come out of his breaks quick and get both feet down you drunk homer :lol: :lol:


Well BB was a good CFB player too. And Pryor is way more hurt than people realize.

Also, that game wasn't as close as the score indicated. We completely dominated Oregon. They were only on the board because their special teams was solid and ours was suspended.

Suck it world...we just won the Rose Bowl...AGAIN!!!
:twisted:


We dominated the game and kept Oregon in check for the most part. 42 minutes of time of possession is nice. Limited Oregons offensive chances.

Pryor is becoming a good college QB but he has got to work on his decision making. He needs to make quicker decisions. He won't be able to play QB in the NFL while sitting in the pocket moving around trying to decide what to do.

Anyway, it feels good to win the Rose Bowl and continue to show how overrated the PAC10 was this year.
being at the game I can say they did move the ball a decent amount, but it was never in doubt from the first drive on.

That said, Pryor had a few absolutely horrible throws in the Rose Bowl. One was the INT that was underthrown horribly, I can remember 2 others that should have been intercepted and he cost us 6 on a pattern that was wide open running into the endzone where he threw behind the receiver by a good 5 yards.
_______________________________________

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. - George S. Patton
Real men have scars, lots of them... -Dad
Supreme Megalodon
Posts: 58921
Joined: Fri Jul 7, 2006
Sand$: 120,572.18
BuckeyeFtblGod wrote:
nateb wrote:
ross3650 wrote:
birddog wrote:
The BlueBeards wrote:Ha, yea keep telling yourselves he sucks...especially for a sophomore who just won a Rose Bowl. :lol:


Umm... FYI.. Brooks Bollinger won a Rose Bowl as a Freshman..

Pryor better start learning how to come out of his breaks quick and get both feet down you drunk homer :lol: :lol:


Well BB was a good CFB player too. And Pryor is way more hurt than people realize.

Also, that game wasn't as close as the score indicated. We completely dominated Oregon. They were only on the board because their special teams was solid and ours was suspended.

Suck it world...we just won the Rose Bowl...AGAIN!!!
:twisted:


We dominated the game and kept Oregon in check for the most part. 42 minutes of time of possession is nice. Limited Oregons offensive chances.

Pryor is becoming a good college QB but he has got to work on his decision making. He needs to make quicker decisions. He won't be able to play QB in the NFL while sitting in the pocket moving around trying to decide what to do.

Anyway, it feels good to win the Rose Bowl and continue to show how overrated the PAC10 was this year.
being at the game I can say they did move the ball a decent amount, but it was never in doubt from the first drive on.

That said, Pryor had a few absolutely horrible throws in the Rose Bowl. One was the INT that was underthrown horribly, I can remember 2 others that should have been intercepted and he cost us 6 on a pattern that was wide open running into the endzone where he threw behind the receiver by a good 5 yards.
That INT was atrocious, he missed a wide open Boom Heron for at least 20 and possibly a TD over the middle and then under threw Posey by at least 10 yds.

I giggle every time I see blue beards bump this thread, I already said athleticism works at the college level...but he plays like this at the pro level and he'll get destroyed. He can't see the field and he can't operate between the hash's, two things he will have to do to succeed at the next level.