Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 19,633.60
pwbowen wrote:
And don't forget, A&M beat Alabama and Florida beat A&M and Georgia beat Florida and SC beat Georgia, so we're national champs!!!!

No, GT is #1:

GT over USCw over Syracuse over Louisville over Florida over Texas A&M over Bama.

HIGH SCHOOL OFFENSE BABY!!!
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 162,568.48
pwbowen wrote:
birddog wrote:from the other thread..

pwbowen wrote:
birddog wrote:
pwbowen wrote:It's a good thing that ND's only playing an over-rated SEC team.

6-3 this season in bowl games, including the National Title and 2 New Year's Day bowl wins.

I look forward to the corrected BD Top 10 next week. :thumbright:

totally forgot about the game last night - ice damming and water damage at one of the buildings had me a bit preoccupied.

Did Notre Dame have a bad game?.. score looks like they did..

and yes, Congrats again to S.C. for coming from behind and beating a bad Michigan team in the last couple minutes :lol: .. more on that later :lol: :wink:

No, ND simply got pummelled. Their vaunted front 7 on D got pushed around like they were high school kids and they couldn't tackle either. By halftime they already looked exhausted.

Yes, my guys should only get 1/2 a win for actually driving down the field and winning at the end. :roll: You don't sound bitter at all this year.

So when's the final BD Poll being posted?
Really? You're pimping a come from behind win vs Michigan? You realize Michigan got thumped by Nebraska 23-9, right? Nebraska..

A Lattimore-less team and a banged up Shaw, yeah, I'll take it.

A meaningless bowl game and a Michigan team that matches up not that badly with SEC teams in offensive/defensive line quality.

But feel free to go ahead and tell me what 10 teams are better than SC this year. Bama, Oregon, K St, the OSU, Georgia, Florida, Stanford and Notre Dame.

I'll wait on you to find any other ones that can be realistically make a claim.

A meaningless bowl game? Interesting. You were just boasting about it/them a few yours ago yesterday? #-o make up your mind :lol:

I'll let you ease yourself into your version of utopia for winning the combo birthday/Christmas gift match-up over Michigan. Sorry, you know I pull for both SC and UM during the season, but I'm not swaying and loosening my thoughts on what I've seen.

As for Lattimore's loss and Shaw getting tossed around.. sorry, again. Yea, they count but I'm not sure if you're looking for a sympathy vote.. thats a hard sell for an SC team thats (apparently) been bringing in average to decent talent for quite some time. 'Next man up' mentality goes for everyone I assume.

I'm not sure what you call that ^^ but up here in my circle thats garbage.

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Supreme Megalodon
HurricaneNamedDitka wrote:i really don't see how you can use the nebraska/michigan game as a benchmark for anything. the drop off from robinson to bellomy is an enormous drop off. and not taking any preseason snaps at qb and coming in and being statistically equivalent to braxton miller (minus some ) isn't too shabby from my perspective regarding gardner. his number extrapolate to over 40 tds and 3000 yards. i don't think you can say "he's not good"
I'm not purposely dumping on Blue, hnd.. understand that. Is he a better QB than Robinson? Well, he's a QB at least, right? I don't see how he's such a difference maker but admittedly he's an upgrade - at least different. I won't deny that. However, you understand Wisconsin held Braxton Miller to @ 90yds passing/40-50 rushing including overtime.. Again, I'm not trashing him - I didn't/don't see him as anything of a difference maker. Too harsh? Maybe he changes my mind next season (if he starts) but I wasn't impressed this year. you know.. like going from #2 O'Brien to #3 Philips wasn't a leap in 'goodness' just a step away from 'ugh' to a different level of not so good.

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,041.82
birddog wrote:A meaningless bowl game? Interesting. You were just boasting about it/them a few yours ago yesterday? #-o make up your mind :lol:

I'll let you ease yourself into your version of utopia for winning the combo birthday/Christmas gift match-up over Michigan. Sorry, you know I pull for both SC and UM during the season, but I'm not swaying and loosening my thoughts on what I've seen.

As for Lattimore's loss and Shaw getting tossed around.. sorry, again. Yea, they count but I'm not sure if you're looking for a sympathy vote.. thats a hard sell for an SC team thats (apparently) been bringing in average to decent talent for quite some time. 'Next man up' mentality goes for everyone I assume.

OMG!!!OMG!! A WR IS OPEN! THE PASS D IS GARBAGE!!! :roll: I guess anytime a WR ever gets open anywhere then the pass defense is garbage. I didn't know that, good to learn.

But seriously, all the bowl games are meaningless for the most part outside of the National Championship at this point. The playoff system will help that to some point. That SC/UM game meant a lot less to me personally than the SC-Clemson game, just to put it in perspective. It's nice for recruiting stand-point though. Sounds good to say "we won 11 games" but that means a lot less now that teams can play 14 in a season.

And you might need to actually read my discussion with HND. The comment about Lattimore/Shaw was in response to the noted loss of Robinson for UM. Whining and complaining? K, suuuuuure. Decent to average is Top 10 to Top 15 recruiting classes consistently? Again, something that I didn't know. :thumbright:

As far as 'boasting', my post was pointing out that the SEC went 6-3. Not dominating but a good performance for them overall. But if it was 8-1 and Bama had lost then it wouldn't have mattered, would it? It's hard to really consider you not trolling when I posted the following 'boast' about the SEC:

Overall I really didn't see the SEC as dominant this year but the level of play across the NCAA board seemed down for the most part. I think there are a good # of teams that might have got thru the SEC with just one or two losses, just depending on matchups and schedules.

But please do let me know who the correct Top 10 will be. I'd be really curious how you justify less than 5 teams from the SEC in it after this season. Again, not because they're dominant, simply that the overall team quality seems down in the rest of the college landscape.

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
Supreme Megalodon
birddog wrote:
HurricaneNamedDitka wrote:i really don't see how you can use the nebraska/michigan game as a benchmark for anything. the drop off from robinson to bellomy is an enormous drop off. and not taking any preseason snaps at qb and coming in and being statistically equivalent to braxton miller (minus some ) isn't too shabby from my perspective regarding gardner. his number extrapolate to over 40 tds and 3000 yards. i don't think you can say "he's not good"
I'm not purposely dumping on Blue, hnd.. understand that. Is he a better QB than Robinson? Well, he's a QB at least, right? I don't see how he's such a difference maker but admittedly he's an upgrade - at least different. I won't deny that. However, you understand Wisconsin held Braxton Miller to @ 90yds passing/40-50 rushing including overtime.. Again, I'm not trashing him - I didn't/don't see him as anything of a difference maker. Too harsh? Maybe he changes my mind next season (if he starts) but I wasn't impressed this year. you know.. like going from #2 O'Brien to #3 Philips wasn't a leap in 'goodness' just a step away from 'ugh' to a different level of not so good.

My exposure to Gardner is only the bowl game, but he looked to have the tools to be a successful D1 QB. Seemed agile and tough runner, good arm and pretty good reads on the D. His accuracy wasn't great but it seemed like the passes were consistently high not scatter-gunned everywhere, so I think that's a fairly correctable trait.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 19,773.66
birddog wrote:

he wasn't spectacular in a sense where he was making tremendous plays but what do you expect out of a wr? maxwell put up numbers against the badgers but he certainly isn't better than miller. denard is a rich rod system qb. was he used properly by hoke? one could argue not.

michigan probably had one of the best if not the best o/d lines overall in the big 10. they just had a broken qb1, no run game, and questionable wr's on offense to really make much of an offensive stand.

currently consulting my FF appraiser/advisor
Supreme Megalodon
pwbowen wrote:
birddog wrote:A meaningless bowl game? Interesting. You were just boasting about it/them a few yours ago yesterday? #-o make up your mind :lol:

OMG!!!OMG!! A WR IS OPEN! THE PASS D IS GARBAGE!!! :roll: I guess anytime a WR ever gets open anywhere then the pass defense is garbage. I didn't know that, good to learn.

But seriously, all the bowl games are meaningless for the most part outside of the National Championship at this point. The playoff system will help that to some point. That SC/UM game meant a lot less to me personally than the SC-Clemson game, just to put it in perspective. It's nice for recruiting stand-point though. Sounds good to say "we won 11 games" but that means a lot less now that teams can play 14 in a season.

And you might need to actually read my discussion with HND. The comment about Lattimore/Shaw was in response to the noted loss of Robinson for UM. Whining and complaining? K, suuuuuure. Decent to average is Top 10 to Top 15 recruiting classes consistently? Again, something that I didn't know. :thumbright:

As far as 'boasting', my post was pointing out that the SEC went 6-3. Not dominating but a good performance for them overall. But if it was 8-1 and Bama had lost then it wouldn't have mattered, would it? It's hard to really consider you not trolling when I posted the following 'boast' about the SEC:

Overall I really didn't see the SEC as dominant this year but the level of play across the NCAA board seemed down for the most part. I think there are a good # of teams that might have got thru the SEC with just one or two losses, just depending on matchups and schedules.

But please do let me know who the correct Top 10 will be. I'd be really curious how you justify less than 5 teams from the SEC in it after this season. Again, not because they're dominant, simply that the overall team quality seems down in the rest of the college landscape.

Ok, we're getting somewhere. So, apparently in your circle, thats an example of say 'solid coverage'. Not good coverage.. not great coverage. Solid acceptable coverage? As well as an exceedingly offensive effort - with 20 seconds on the clock 'protecting the ship'.

Who in sam hell coaches kids to play defense like that? Especially at that point of the game? You're kidding me. 2 things you're doing there - either playing the ball -or- you're playing the WR. There's neither. If he was at least covered - regardless of, heaven forbid, being contested on a ball a WR had to stop and wait for - and made a play on the ball I could see some semblance of offensive ingenuity or athletic prowess.. but that? That just 100% garbage. Always will be. I don't care what level, team, player(s), conference or game we're watching or discussing thats just crap. Hell, how about 1 guy just stay close to the WR.. its not like anyone got juked-out of their shoes.

Nope.. "WR got open" :lol:

@ the loss of Lat and Shaw - I was being baseline as to say your depth options aren't exactly unheard of walk-ons being pulled off the practice squad. I think the recruiting class 'rankings' are funny though.. more of that "how many stars" mentality I soooo admire. "Next man up" was the point. Not pronounced drop-offs with such a "5 star/4 star/3-star rich team" .. Oh how I love hearing this brought up again in this thread. Makes my backside all tingly. Yes, conversing about and debunking hype = trolling .. Right. Got it. Sorry the subject is so close? I've already eaten my crow on 'bama.. tastes like chicken. :wink: ... I'll get what I believe is my top-10 up after I see the replay of the title game and watch a couple more i haven't seen through.. then you can hack at me some more for my oh so biased rankings..

Supreme Megalodon
birddog wrote:Ok, we're getting somewhere. So, apparently in your circle, thats an example of say 'solid coverage'. Not good coverage.. not great coverage. Solid acceptable coverage? As well as an exceedingly offensive effort - with 20 seconds on the clock 'protecting the ship'.

Who in sam hell coaches kids to play defense like that? Especially at that point of the game? You're kidding me. 2 things you're doing there - either playing the ball -or- you're playing the WR. There's neither. If he was at least covered - regardless of, heaven forbid, being contested on a ball a WR had to stop and wait for - and made a play on the ball I could see some semblance of offensive ingenuity or athletic prowess.. but that? That just 100% garbage. Always will be. I don't care what level, team, player(s), conference or game we're watching or discussing thats just crap. Hell, how about 1 guy just stay close to the WR.. its not like anyone got juked-out of their shoes.

Nope.. "WR got open" :lol:

@ the loss of Lat and Shaw - I was being baseline as to say your depth options aren't exactly unheard of walk-ons being pulled off the practice squad. I think the recruiting class 'rankings' are funny though.. more of that "how many stars" mentality I soooo admire. "Next man up" was the point. Not pronounced drop-offs with such a "5 star/4 star/3-star rich team" .. Oh how I love hearing this brought up again in this thread. Makes my backside all tingly. Yes, conversing about and debunking hype = trolling .. Right. Got it. Sorry the subject is so close? I've already eaten my crow on 'bama.. tastes like chicken. :wink: ... I'll get what I believe is my top-10 up after I see the replay of the title game and watch a couple more i haven't seen through.. then you can hack at me some more for my oh so biased rankings..

The only real question is....wth is your point? A SC WR got open how, why? So we should discount the win because the Michigan D f'd up or got confused or simply got beat?

There are broken coverage plays every game. PeeWee, HS, College, Pros. I'm not sure what your cherry-picking a particular play means, as I'm not biting on the "he's insulting my team!".

Perhaps they took advantage of something they'd noted earlier, perhaps there was a pick from another WR, perhaps UM just completely f'd up.

As for the depth, again, it was simply a comment back to the "UM lost Robinson at QB". SC's run game did take a hit going from Lattimore to Davis & Miles but "next man up" was exactly what happened. The run game performance took a hit, the overall offensive performance wasn't substantially hurt.

As to recruiting rankings, of course they're stupid. No one can objectively compare all the HS players even in a small area (such as SC) and effectively gauge them against the varying levels of talent. Florida and FSU have been top 5 practically forever but has that translated at all onto the field? But when you're talking about entire classes then I'd say they aren't as far off. Recruit enough 5 star kids and you'll end up with pretty good talent on the field. Some schools though have done a great job over the years of identifying not just raw talent but usable talent based on their schemes. VaTech, Oregon, Wisconsin and Boise State all come to mind.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 19,773.66
i turned to my buddy and said "i really like our chances here....as long as we don't sit on the run thinking they are not going to try and score, i really think we can do this.." i think they were looking run the entire time on that td play. especially with the qb switch.

currently consulting my FF appraiser/advisor
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 19,633.60
if "WRs getting wide open" is garbage, then almost every passing TD vs GT was garbage.

And Birddog....if your top 10 has Notre Shame in it, it's GARBAGE. That was the worst BCS team I've seen since I watched JaMarcus 'Purple Drank' Russell light up..umm..Notre Dame 6 years or so ago.

Notre Dame's barely a top-20 team. They were appropriately NOT ranked in the preseason and we saw why. Beneficiary of a weak rump schedule.

thank god BAMA rolled those jagoffs because the s@#$#ing mutts would've had BAMA not disposed of 'em in the SEC-CG.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 119,752.40
Nice top ten sir witch a lot
Supreme Megalodon
OarChambo wrote:Nice top ten sir witch a lot
Ah yes... the senior troll rings the bell.

looking to ridicule again I see.. or just looking for LSU's 'elite defense' placement after getting their clocks cleaned by Louisville? ...

gee.. who was it.. think he was the only one that mentioned Louisville way back when.. ironic they matched up in a bowl with an SEC "elite defense" like LSU ...

but keep witch and trolling for attention. =D>

Supreme Megalodon
Blzbba wrote:if "WRs getting wide open" is garbage, then almost every passing TD vs GT was garbage.

And Birddog....if your top 10 has Notre Shame in it, it's GARBAGE. That was the worst BCS team I've seen since I watched JaMarcus 'Purple Drank' Russell light up..umm..Notre Dame 6 years or so ago.

Notre Dame's barely a top-20 team. They were appropriately NOT ranked in the preseason and we saw why. Beneficiary of a weak rump schedule.

thank god BAMA rolled those jagoffs because the s@#$#ing mutts would've had BAMA not disposed of 'em in the SEC-CG.

:lol:

I'll work on it so you guys have something to complain about :wink: :lol:

Little busier than normal around here with the new year and new ventures.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 119,752.40
Just for s's and g's i decided to re read this thread. Unfortunately I had to stop because I couldn't get past the first post without busting up in laughter.

Troll gonna troll. Stay angry, my friend.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 21,155.70
OarChambo wrote:Just for s's and g's i decided to re read this thread. Unfortunately I had to stop because I couldn't get past the first post without busting up in laughter.

Troll gonna troll. Stay angry, my friend.

I dont often post in here. But i read it from time-to-time.

I'm usually 3-4 weeks behind in catching up on college games, as a result i usually get an ecletic mix and avoid the poorer games. Subsequently tho i feel less qualified to post/ comment about the regular in-season goings on.

As a result; Ive seen this thread, ive read this thread :(

@BD: Youre "predictions" and "going against the grain", "BD vs hype machine" whatever youd prefer it to be called. THATS all good. Its good when the tank goes against the sheep/group think. Doesnt make everything any of us post right - but at least its more interesting than anything we can read anywhere else for the most part.

Deconstruction always easier than construction, but deconstruction with hindsight takes even less effort.

Im not saying anything youve posted falls into that category or that its untrue ... far from it. Only that if you are posting something in advance, itd completely negate any criticism of the above (like the previous top 10 - how long did that take? Rightly or wrongly difficult to believe one name on there given when it finally appeared. Hopefully you can see that? Best avoided).

@OAR: You know better than me. Remember the guy i had a run in about ref: dynasty rankings (pntgvn or something?) and not having Clausen on it (for one thing) a few yrs ago? This is me returning the favor.

I dont pretend to be any better than anyone here. Ive tried to post better over last year, but we're all human (even another moderator who likes to make things personal w/me!), but if either of you would take anything i say to heart its just constructive and meant with friendly/good intent.

Best of luck guys.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams