Should Clowney sit 2013?

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 119,752.40
pwbowen wrote:The idea that he was going over a QB was never realistic.

Yep.

Although him vs. Barr has become a more interesting topic for first defensive player off the board.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,041.82
OarChambo wrote:

Yep.

Although him vs. Barr has become a more interesting topic for first defensive player off the board.

Could be an interesting discussion. I think Barr has to go to a 3-4 team and Clowney could play 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB.

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
Supreme Megalodon
pwbowen wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

Yep.

Could be an interesting discussion. I think Barr has to go to a 3-4 team and Clowney could play 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB.

Disagree about Barr.

Clowney may be an interesting case study in my newly formed hypothesis of teams and their ability to get their players appropriately ready for the NFL.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 21,148.64
A better and more accurate story and one ppl should come back to when draft season comes around:

NFL execs: No one cares Jadeveon Clowney is hurt, draft stock is fine

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf ... e/2935999/

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
jamcutpost wrote:A better and more accurate story and one ppl should come back to when draft season comes around:

The injury isn't the concern.
Supreme Megalodon
OarChambo wrote:
jamcutpost wrote:A better and more accurate story and one ppl should come back to when draft season comes around:

I'm sure the 'he's a quitter and takes plays off' fappers are in full glory by now. If I only knew where to find one.... :-k

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I haven't heard anyone from close to the program ever report of issues with attitude or laziness with Clowney but we'll see how much he wants it. Spurrier's pretty much thrown down the gauntlet through the media a bit now so we'll see if Clowney shuts it down or gets pissed off.

I wonder if part of the issue is Spurrier's ego here in how this is being handled. He's always been the star of the show but Clowney's spotlight has eclipsed him as of late and he seems pretty eager to show who's in charge.

Supreme Megalodon
pwbowen wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

I'm sure the 'he's a quitter and takes plays off' fappers are in full glory by now. If I only knew where to find one.... :-k

I haven't heard anyone from close to the program ever report of issues with attitude or laziness with Clowney but we'll see how much he wants it. Spurrier's pretty much thrown down the gauntlet through the media a bit now so we'll see if Clowney shuts it down or gets pissed off.

I wonder if part of the issue is Spurrier's ego here in how this is being handled. He's always been the star of the show but Clowney's spotlight has eclipsed him as of late and he seems pretty eager to show who's in charge.

After what happened w/Lattimore, a friend, only almost a year ago ... after the bone spur (Which he IS playing thru and WILL need work on) ... after teams have started to game plan him (so he's affecting the stats in a different way) ... after he's having to start to learn to play in other ways at other positions on-the-fly? I dont really care what Spurrier says or doesnt. Clowney's doing his bit for the team.

He wants to play motivational games, cause he thinks he needs to - go ahead.

Im sure the execs stance will change once people's draft boards start shaping up and teams start jockeying for position, but for now im with them.
Last edited by jamcutpost on Mon 10.07.2013, 12:27, edited 1 time in total.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
pwbowen wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

I'm sure the 'he's a quitter and takes plays off' fappers are in full glory by now.
I hope this narrative has its legs knocked out before it even has a chance to gain a full head of steam, not something I want jammed down my throat for the next 6 months.
pwbowen wrote:we'll see how much he wants it. Spurrier's pretty much thrown down the gauntlet through the media a bit now so we'll see if Clowney shuts it down or gets pissed off.
Pretty much.
pwbowen wrote:I wonder if part of the issue is Spurrier's ego here in how this is being handled. He's always been the star of the show but Clowney's spotlight has eclipsed him as of late and he seems pretty eager to show who's in charge.

And, pretty much.
Supreme Megalodon
jamcutpost wrote:
pwbowen wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

After what happened w/Lattimore, a friend, only almost a year ago ... after the bone spur (Which he IS playing thru and WILL need work on) ... after teams have started to game plan him (so he's affecting the stats in a different way) ... after he's having to start to learn to play in other ways at other positions on-the-fly? I dont really care what Spurrier says or doesnt. Clowney's doing his bit for the team.

He wants to play motivational games, cause he thinks he needs to - go ahead.

Im sure the execs stance will change once people's draft boards start shaping up and teams start jockeying for position, but for now im with them.

I don't think execs need anymore tape on Clowney, they know what they're getting. What's he like between the ears and how's his physical? Those answers are really the only things that could cause him to fall out of the top 5. Sure, it'd be nice to see some more good tape on him and watch him develop more skills/move, but at this point in the evaluation process it is not necessary in regards to his draft status.
Supreme Megalodon
No kidding (Ref: Enough tape)

It was one of the few pro arguments for him sitting out/going to CFL for ayear.

- Douglas Adams
Great White Shark
Sand$: 20,811.62
C'mon guys, they were playing Kentucky! Everybody knew they didn't need him to win.

Seriously, I would be tickled to death if the Browns could end up with Clowney. Agree with pw, the coaches have too much power over these kids.

In remembrance of Walter, D-Day veteran and my friend. Never forget.
Supreme Megalodon
bluemist wrote:C'mon guys, they were playing Kentucky! Everybody knew they didn't need him to win.

Seriously, I would be tickled to death if the Browns could end up with Clowney. Agree with pw, the coaches have too much power over these kids.

Completely off-topic, but did you see Stoops lose his freakin' mind and run out on the field to scream and carry on at his SS for not making the tackle on Mike Davis to force SC to punt?

Nothing like utter humiliation and shame to motivate kids. What a deekbag.

Supreme Megalodon
pwbowen wrote:
bluemist wrote:C'mon guys, they were playing Kentucky! Everybody knew they didn't need him to win.

Completely off-topic, but did you see Stoops lose his freakin' mind and run out on the field to scream and carry on at his SS for not making the tackle on Mike Davis to force SC to punt?

"Stoops to new lows"?

And yeah, im waiting for Schiano to try that one coming out the bye week :thumbright:

- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
jamcutpost wrote:
pwbowen wrote:

"Stoops to new lows"?

And yeah, im waiting for Schiano to try that one coming out the bye week :thumbright:

Kid didn't get the RB tackled behind the LOS but he had a shot. To be fair, Davis is leading the SEC in rushing I believe.

But Stoops runs out onto the field and begins screaming and yelling in the kid's face for about 10 seconds about making the tackle and just humiliates him. I was hoping he just put his hand over Stoops' face and push him away.

Supreme Megalodon
Great article by Josh Norris:

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/44661/321/disruption-is-production

It's sad that actual sports-journalism like this gets ignored and pompous little attention whores like Paul Finebaum and the BSPN crew get lots of eyes and ears.