Should Clowney sit 2013?

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 21,148.64
pwbowen wrote:Great article by Josh Norris:

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/44661/321/disruption-is-production

It's sad that actual sports-journalism like this gets ignored and pompous little attention whores like Paul Finebaum and the BSPN crew get lots of eyes and ears.

Of Clowney's 20 pass rush attempts. I had 6 pressures, 1 sack and 1 pass deflection. He was doubled 5 times and GA ran quick game 7 times.

Just finished charting Clowney vs UGA. On field for 39 rushes, 27 were ran to the opposite side of center

Not defending ESPN/BSPN, but would suggest not everyone there is feeling the need to rage against Clowney. Just the uniformed minority.

Those tweets courtesy of Kevin Weidl (ESPN) & reprinted in Norris' article quoted.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,041.82
jamcutpost wrote:
pwbowen wrote:Great article by Josh Norris:

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/44661/321/disruption-is-production

It's sad that actual sports-journalism like this gets ignored and pompous little attention whores like Paul Finebaum and the BSPN crew get lots of eyes and ears.

Of Clowney's 20 pass rush attempts. I had 6 pressures, 1 sack and 1 pass deflection. He was doubled 5 times and GA ran quick game 7 times.

Just finished charting Clowney vs UGA. On field for 39 rushes, 27 were ran to the opposite side of center

Not defending ESPN/BSPN, but would suggest not everyone there is feeling the need to rage against Clowney. Just the uniformed minority.

Those tweets courtesy of Kevin Weidl (ESPN) & reprinted in Norris' article quoted.

Yes, I do throw out the good with the bad when I crap on BSPN, but they're quick to trot out the screaming talking head morons as their poster kids.

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 21,148.64
Ugh, thats a more than valid critique (ESPN) - Point taken.

Every year we hear guys talking about effort and commitment. Its one of the more nebulous and erroneous facets ive seen in pro evals about DL guys to the point that its almost lazy journalism. Im sure im not alone in usually discounting it out the gate?

Any questions about Clowney's effort easily answered if you can be bothered to look at fact rather than copy numbers (Playing injured, playing multiple positions, playing well - but playing a year removed from seeing one of his best friends and team mates go from a proj 1st rnd pick to nearly UDFA because of injury)

Sooner ppl grasp the basic premise there, quicker we can all move on to more important questions like: How serious are the spurs, will they grow back, any other health issues, how well is he progressing at playing the double team, how well is he adapting to multiple line positions.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
Sand$: 161,603.68
watching the UT/SCar game right now. Clowney, in the 1st quarter, is personally destroying the Vols.
Supreme Megalodon
marty1841 wrote:watching the UT/SCar game right now. Clowney, in the 1st quarter, is personally destroying the Vols.

Just got back from Knecksville. Ugh. Clowney was one of the only players to really show up for the D (Quarles made some plays). The rest of the D-line was single blocked and had the RB running right at them and did squat. Chaz Sutton is horrible as our other DE. He just stands up and prairie dogs on a lot of plays. Terrible pass drops and Shaw looked to tear up his knee in the 4th.

But Clowney dominated Tiny Richardson, Tennessee LT, who handled him well last year. Looked like Clowney remembered and wanted some payback this year.

Megalodon
pwbowen wrote:
marty1841 wrote:watching the UT/SCar game right now. Clowney, in the 1st quarter, is personally destroying the Vols.

Just got back from Knecksville. Ugh. Clowney was one of the only players to really show up for the D (Quarles made some plays). The rest of the D-line was single blocked and had the RB running right at them and did squat. Chaz Sutton is horrible as our other DE. He just stands up and prairie dogs on a lot of plays. Terrible pass drops and Shaw looked to tear up his knee in the 4th.

But Clowney dominated Tiny Richardson, Tennessee LT, who handled him well last year. Looked like Clowney remembered and wanted some payback this year.

They hyped that matchup from the beginning. Both players look very good, but Clowney definitely owned him.
Megalodon
injured leg. didn't look good....and had trouble putting weight on his leg. helped off field by two trainers.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 162,568.48
He's really good when no one blocks him. :F @ Florida.

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Supreme Megalodon
marty1841 wrote:injured leg. didn't look good....and had trouble putting weight on his leg. helped off field by two trainers.

Back playing. Too bad rest of defense and Conner Shaw seem to be somewhere else.

Supreme Megalodon
birddog wrote:He's really good when no one blocks him. :F @ Florida.

Troll. I wonder if you realize how stupid you make yourself look with your rabid SEC beyotchiness. :roll:

Supreme Megalodon
pwbowen wrote:

Troll. I wonder if you realize how stupid you make yourself look with your rabid SEC beyotchiness. :roll:
:roll: @ your blindness.

"troll" ? get over yourself. enjoy clowney kawk down your throat. why is it that nearly every time I watch the opposition doesn't block the "mega-stud" that people question should sit out the season as this thread proclaims?

whatever enjoy your bitterness that someone actually watches.

1 TFL? and on a no-block with no one infront of him.. not even a single hand? that was horrible.

Just a question.. have you watched any Nebraska games?

"This whole world would be successful if everybody stopped quitting." - Evander Holyfield
Supreme Megalodon
birddog wrote:
pwbowen wrote:

:roll: @ your blindness.

"troll" ? get over yourself. enjoy clowney kawk down your throat. why is it that nearly every time I watch the opposition doesn't block the "mega-stud" that people question should sit out the season as this thread proclaims?

whatever enjoy your bitterness that someone actually watches.

1 TFL? and on a no-block with no one infront of him.. not even a single hand? that was horrible.

Just a question.. have you watched any Nebraska games?

Yes, you're right, he sucks. Thank god he'll go pro and be drafted high so he's not there anymore.

Yes, the bitterness is strong in this thread.

Troll. :lol:

Supreme Megalodon
who said he sucks? Jesus you need some pills to level out my friend. Menstrual lately? you calling people beotches and trolls is funny as schit.

so he didn't get one untouched?...

seems like a trend for such a high profile "talent", huh?

I'll ask again - have you watched any Nebraska?

Supreme Megalodon
birddog wrote:who said he sucks? Jesus you need some pills to level out my friend. Menstrual lately? you calling people beotches and trolls is funny as schit.

so he didn't get one untouched?...

seems like a trend for such a high profile "talent", huh?

I'll ask again - have you watched any Nebraska?

Why? I think you're unabashed enthusiasm to try so, so, so very hard to act like the kid disappears on gamedays pretty laughable.

wth would I want to watch a Nebraska game? Watched most of UCLA game early on, not much since.

Supreme Megalodon
So you haven't watched any Nebraska, P?...