My Top 10

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 119,693.70
If someone else :wink: wants to chime in with their own, have at it

1 Oregon - Virginia, Tennessee, and Cal are not any good but the way they have consistently dismantled each team is eye opening
2 Alabama - not putting them #1 until they put together a complete game
3 Louisville - no one else has shown they are in the top class...yet
4 Stanford - there is an argument for Stanford at 3 since their letdown was a 9 am game against an inferior opponent, but to be the best you need to show up every week - opportunity to jump Louisville this week
5 UCLA - like Stanford, they had issues with a 9 am kickoff, other than that they have been as dominant as I expected
6 Clemson - the NC State game was ugly, they have the big win to lean on but I can't see considering bumping them back up until the Florida St game
7 Georgia - I don't know if South Carolina is anything special, but I believe LSU is. Impressive win and their one loss was to a top 5 team.
8 Texas A&M - it's difficult to beat a team that will score > 40 points every time out.
9 Florida St - In 3 of 4 games they have not shown up until the middle of the 2nd quarter and against better teams that will get them beat.
10 Ohio St - Poor defense and inconsistent play, especially in the 2nd half, is going to bite them sooner or later.
11 LSU - per usual, coaching is their undoing, apparently defense is too...but given their talent level I'm putting that more on the coaches. I think this is a very good team, but they need to show it first.
12 Texas Tech - coaching, coaching, coaching. Great hire in Kliff and it's showing much quicker than I thought it would.
13 Michigan - bye week couldn't have come at a better time, Gardner's head got all sorts of screwed up in the Akron game. This team has the ability to win 11 games, but if he doesn't get his head out of his rump it'll only be 8. Important 'show me' game this week against an inferior opponent.
14 South Carolina - this is a very flawed team, but their raw talent will carry them to 9 or probably 10 wins.
15 Fresno - like most successful lower level conference teams they have a QB that can will them to an undefeated campaign
16 Northwestern - they will lose 2-3 games, but it's anyone's guess which ones. Difficult team to gameplan for, so they can outscore anyone but as their defense has shown just about anyone can keep up with them too.
17 Maryland - West Va is on a down swing, but 37-0? Florida State better not sleep walk through the first half this week...
18 Washington - I don't think they're in the same ballpark as Oregon and Stanford and it will show the next 2 weeks, but with blowout wins over Arizona and Boise and a road win over Illinois they have at least temporarily earned this spot.
19 Miami - if Florida had replaced Driskell with Murphy sooner I think Miami has a loss right now. Tough to argue with the results, but this is just a good ACC team. I don't see Florida St showing up half asleep to this game, so when they meet I expect a blowout.
20 Baylor - PLAY SOMEBODY!

Ok, I did 20 instead of 10. It got real muddy here. Northern Illinois beating up on the patsies of the Big 10? An over rated Florida? Oklahoma? Pick your 1 loss team that got blown out by a top 10 team? An undefeated Missouri team is probably going to struggle to make a bowl? A 2 loss Wisconsin team that I actually think is better than all of these options? An exciting Oregon St team that lost to a 1-AA school?
Megalodon
Sand$: 23,712.54
Love my Pac 12 but is UCLA that good this year? I can't see 3 Pac 12 teams in the top 10. And Louisville i haven't seen enough of them...you probably have but i'd like to see them play somebody.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Supreme Megalodon
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:Love my Pac 12 but is UCLA that good this year? I can't see 3 Pac 12 teams in the top 10.
Hundley has the ability to lead them to a win over Stanford and Oregon, he also has the mind numbing decision making to allow a lesser team to beat them. If the latter happens though they have a defense led by an absolute stud at end to help pick them up. I love that I'm getting more Pac 12 football in the midwest, but as a father of 2 young children they could help me out by having their feature game on P12 network a little earlier please! 9 pm too much to ask?
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:And Louisville i haven't seen enough of them...you probably have but i'd like to see them play somebody.

Not going to see them play anybody, unfortunately. The defense is legit and the offense is littered with weapons to support next year's potential #1 pick. Too bad they're not in a real conference.
Megalodon
OarChambo wrote:
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:Love my Pac 12 but is UCLA that good this year? I can't see 3 Pac 12 teams in the top 10.
Hundley has the ability to lead them to a win over Stanford and Oregon, he also has the mind numbing decision making to allow a lesser team to beat them. If the latter happens though they have a defense led by an absolute stud at end to help pick them up. I love that I'm getting more Pac 12 football in the midwest, but as a father of 2 young children they could help me out by having their feature game on P12 network a little earlier please! 9 pm too much to ask?
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:And Louisville i haven't seen enough of them...you probably have but i'd like to see them play somebody.

Not going to see them play anybody, unfortunately. The defense is legit and the offense is littered with weapons to support next year's potential #1 pick. Too bad they're not in a real conference.

Yea those late games would suck for you guys...i never really thought about that since i'm on Cali time. :D
But yea I never trust the Pac 12 and i don't think i could put UCLA that high yet...but it's good to see them ranked so high. Oregon and Standford are legit though.

"If I shot at you with a gun and the only reason you were alive was because I missed how would you feel?"
Supreme Megalodon
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

Yea those late games would suck for you guys...i never really thought about that since i'm on Cali time. :D
But yea I never trust the Pac 12 and i don't think i could put UCLA that high yet...but it's good to see them ranked so high. Oregon and Standford are legit though.

Don't ask me why, but I stayed up for a lot of those late games so far. Arizona St/Wisky was worth it, Stanford/San Jose was not but I had to see what all the buzz was about Fales (not warranted), UCLA/New Mexico St? No justification there. I stayed up for that, but not Kiffin's last stand? or Stanford/Wazzu? There's something wrong with me.
Megalodon
Sand$: 161,601.22
ah....your anti OHIO bias shines brightly here. as much as I hate that team, and their coach....they are better than many of the teams in front of them on your list.

My top 10:

1) Bama - sorry, can't justify taking them out of this spot yet
2) Oregon - we've seen it too many times. Mariota is a different qb though, so this year could/should be differerent
3) Stanford - Just taking some time to figure some things out. Their front 7 defensively is as stout as can be, and their OLine is the same.
4) Louisville - the likeliest of the bunch to make the title game....as I don't see them losing. Bridgewater is for real, and truly someone we all can root for.
5) Ohio - Braxton Miller is a dynamic playmaker, but he'll cost them one game along the way. Hyde coming back will help solidify the late game issues
6) UGA - I'm a believer, and more in them than....
7) Clemson - I don't see them beating FSU later in the year, but they are better right now
8) Florida State- Another issue with the ACC, I don't see a lot of teams that can challenge them athletically. But they'll blow 2 games somewhere this year.
9) Texas A&M - Should be higher, and likely will be by year's end. I like them....as well as we all should.
10) UCLA - I've repeatedly pumped up Hundley, and he's making me look smart. Top 5 pick.

Quick 11-25
11) South Carolina - Lots of problems with this team, but they've found their identity on the ground.
12) LSU - Offensively better than we thought. I think this team can be scary later in the year.
13) Oklahoma - meh. Not a believer. They can be had.
14) Michigan - yes I'm biased. I just cannot rate some of these other teams ahead of them. Gardner will (hopefully) right the ship
15) Maryland - I believe in this offense even more than OAR does.
16) Baylor - POINTS!! When are they gonna be tested?
17) Texas Tech - QB and defensive issues will ultimately unseat this team
18) Northwestern- Points!
19) Washington - I want to see more, but this team is good.
20) Fresno - Will stumble somewhere, but where? their schedule is butter soft
21) Miami - No confidence in this team
22) Florida - meh
23) Arizona State- Not this good, will be an 8 win team
24) Wisconsin - as Oar said, I like this team more than many ahead of it
25) Ole Miss - Top 25 team, not much more than that.

Other teams:

Oregon St./Mizzou/Northern Illinois/UCF
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 21,148.64
Im just going to go top 10 as things get muddy real quick at about #13 and then get very murky, fast.

1. Oregon
    2. Georgia
    3. Alabama
    4. Louisville
    5. Clemson
    6. Stanford
    7. Florida St
    8. Ohio St
    9. Texas A&M
    10. LSU

# The Clem/FSU game is the one i'm ticking off days to. Louisville/UCF is one ill tune in for as well.
# Expecting Manziel to have his "Geno" moment at some point/s
# Q: Does a Bama team (at 80% of the strength of seasons past) > Georgia? A: Not for me.
# I would like someone to step up and test the Baylor D in the worst possible way.
# Miller came back strong for the Bucks
# I like LSU, but like Florida St i believe its too early for them.
# Enjoying watching the Huskies this year, less so Ole Miss.
# Think Mizzou season starts now and they might be feeling overlooked somewhat ...

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
marty1841 wrote:ah....your anti OHIO bias shines brightly here. as much as I hate that team, and their coach....they are better than many of the teams in front of them on your list.

You can flip flop them and Florida State, they're virtually the same team so far. I can't justify anyone else in front of them behind either. Wisconsin gave the game away Saturday, they couldn't stop Cal relying on their first 6 minute explosion, and Buffalo had the game in the balance at the end of 3 quarters.

If they keep playing like they have they will lose a game or 2.
Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,041.82
OarChambo wrote:
marty1841 wrote:ah....your anti OHIO bias shines brightly here. as much as I hate that team, and their coach....they are better than many of the teams in front of them on your list.

You can flip flop them and Florida State, they're virtually the same team so far. I can't justify anyone else in front of them behind either. Wisconsin gave the game away Saturday, they couldn't stop Cal relying on their first 6 minute explosion, and Buffalo had the game in the balance at the end of 3 quarters.

If they keep playing like they have they will lose a game or 2.

It will be fun to see how it all shakes out.

1.) The last few weeks I've been seeing the PAC12 as the best conference this year as I look at the top 5 or 6 teams in each conference to compare.

2.) Michigan over SC? I'm offended. :lol:

3.) You can't take shots at teams for not playing anyone and NOT thump Louisville a bit for that. That schedule would be harder if they played MWC, MAC or C-USA this year.

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
Supreme Megalodon
I thought Michigan was going to cone out firing on all cylinders after the bye.

Nope.

This is a 9 win team. Moving them down next week.
Supreme Megalodon
jamcutpost wrote:# The Clem/FSU game is the one i'm ticking off days to.

Now more than ever.

“There is an art to flying ... learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”
- Douglas Adams
Megalodon
Oregon
Bama
Clemson
Ohio ST
Stanford
Georgia
FSU
LSU
Louisville
Texas A&M

I'd like to see Louisville play some competition...hard for me to gauge how good they are.

Supreme Megalodon
Sand$: 43,041.82
OarChambo wrote:
14 South Carolina - this is a very flawed team, but their raw talent will carry them to 9 or probably 10 wins.

Care to elaborate?

Young at LB and Safety and inexperienced WRs, but very flawed? :-k

34-17/ 29-7 / 34-13 / 27-17 / 31-17

2010 & 2011 Baseball National Champs

Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something goin' wrong around here.
Supreme Megalodon
Killa CAM CAN!! wrote:I'd like to see Louisville Baylor play some competition...hard for me to gauge how good they are.

FTFY :)

Joking aside couldnt agree more.

Baylor 56 - 14 up vs WVU and its not even the 2nd half yet :F
Last edited by jamcutpost on Sat 10.05.2013, 21:01, edited 1 time in total.

- Douglas Adams
Supreme Megalodon
pwbowen wrote:
OarChambo wrote:

Care to elaborate?

Young at LB and Safety and inexperienced WRs, but very flawed? :-k

Well, yeah, that. Don't think there is an x factor late in a close game. One loss, another game you should have lost, and two wins over poor teams in which you played better than the final indicated.

You will lose to Clemson and I would bet another game somewhere along the line. Nine win team in a new years day game, 14 would be about right. You're moving ahead of at least one team though.